Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

Laraque thinks he's a 3rd liner, but the rest of the world just sees him as a fighter. Too bad for him, because he does have some decent hands and skill. He's not super fast, so it'd be tough for him to be a serious 3rd liner, but his cycle game is very good.
Carbo hasn't used him enough for him to find his groove on the ice. He averages under 8 minutes per game after 25 games. That's the lowest average on the team. Dandenault, Begin, Stewart and Chipchurra play between 10-11 minutes and then the rookies Paciorretty and D'agostini come in at 13 minutes. I don't blame Carbo though, he's not a very good hockey player, my friends made bets that he wouldn't get a goal from a month ago all the way through the playoffs. Since his latest injury return I've found him to be better on the ice, but Carbo would rather have a guy who plays with heart instead of a code. He might scare the opposition's team goons but that's it, he doesn't get in anybodies face or take anybody off their game (except that one time with lucic).George is too nice, heavyweight champion is great an all, but during scrums he doesn't do anything, he never sparks shit. Kostopoulos got the team way more pumped last year with is fights. I'm sure Kostopoulos enjoys not having to be the fighter anymore but frankly I'm a bit disappoint with the dimension George has brought to the team, and so is he. he should be more like Gorges.06112339-f5a1-48bd-9be9-3ed279f93adc.jpgDandenault has asked for a trade too now apparently. George might be getting more ice time after all.Stewart's game reminds me a lot of Begin's game, and he can fight pretty well too. Having George, Dandenault and Begin is very redundant when there are guys like Stewart and Kostopoulos.

Like I said, coesillian, he doesn't like being a goon. It's not in his nature. He's probably the most light-hearted, well-natured guy in the league. He's a goon because it gets him paid, but he hates it. He'd much rather be a 3rd liner with grit who can cycle and grind. He's actually got pretty sick hands, but has simply never been used in that role. Last year in Pitt, they have him, Hall, and some other scrub out as the 4th line, and they'd cycle for a minute straight in the zone, tire out the opposition, then Sid or Geno would come out and knock one home before the other guys could catch their breathe. For a guy labeled a goon, he's probably got the most skill, he's just not a great skater, so can never really fit into that energy line role he likes to think he can.Too bad, because he's apparently a great guy in the room and off the ice in the community. He's said several times he hates fighting, and that's why he's not going out and looking for fights, he's doing it when he absolutely has to, but he'd rather be out there helping in other ways. Fighting keeps him in the league, the rest of his skills are just not good enough, or under-appreciated and under-utilized.

Habs pick up Glen Metropolit of waivers. This isn't doesn't fix all our issues down the middle but I like it anyways. Chipchurra isn't playing great hockey, Metropolit brings more to the ice than him, right now at least. Chipper isn't playing with offensive awareness he showed when he first got called up last season. He has a pretty fancy track record, with the Calder and Captain of the WJC gold, he is said to be a great leader off ice, but his hockey sense doesn't seem to translate all that well to the NHL, he isn't a vry good skate, not much of shot, not physical, his vision is supposedly his best asset but I don't think he has the skill set totranslate that to the NHL. He's 23 I believe and might be up for a contract this season, it'll interesting to see what the habs decide to do with him. If anybody shows any intereste in a trade package I say ship him. That just might be the reason Bob grabbed Matropolit. Maxwell is the only C propect we have in the farm that might be better than a 3rd liner one day. Saku isg oin got be taking smaller and smaller role in his future years. Plekanecs would be a solid #2. We need a #1 center. If Bob can land one by wednesay, plan the parade. we are at max cap though right now.Here i swhat our line COULD be going into the playoffs if everyone is healthy (except Lang).Tanguay-Koivu-HigginsA.kost-Plekanec-KovalevLatendresse-Lapierre-PaciorettyStewart-Metropolit-Kostopoulos/Laraqueex: d'Agostini/Chipchurra/S.Kost/DandenaultSchneider-MarkovHammrlik-KomisarekBouillion/Brisebois-GorgesEx:O'byrne/JanikPriceHalaklines are impossible to predict with carbo though, but the Tanguay-Koivu-Higgins line showed alot of promis early in the season, I would love to see that tried again.

Sharks and Canadians tonight.... let's go sharks!and serge, please don't wish us luck. Last time you did, we lost three in a row.
The return of Claude Lemieux to Montreal.

Laraque's fight completely turned the momentum of that period. We were being dominated for the first 7 minutes, Halak is lookign really good again, but the rest of period we've looked really strong offensively. SJ's pressure in our zone is intense. Plekanecs and Kovy have been on fire lately, kovalev is looking great.I haven't seen the Bell Centre so effectively point out and taunt a single guy in a while, the atmosphere is electric."Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!"

Laraque's fight completely turned the momentum of that period. We were being dominated for the first 7 minutes, Halak is lookign really good again, but the rest of period we've looked really strong offensively. SJ's pressure in our zone is intense. Plekanecs and Kovy have been on fire lately, kovalev is looking great.I haven't seen the Bell Centre so effectively point out and taunt a single guy in a while, the atmosphere is electric."Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!" "Bouuuuuuuu-cheeeeeeer!"
At first I thought they were saying Huet. Then I thought it was Boo-hay. Freakin' accents.
Gotta say when Carbs' sat out Kovy there I thought the writing was on the wall for him in Habland...Way to turn it around....
I think Hamrlik needs a couple of days off next.
I think Hamrlik needs a couple of days off next.
He can take Komisarek with him on vacation. Apparently the habs didn't want to give up komisarek in any Jbo trade earlier this year, but maybe they could still sucker martin into taking him.
Rumours are swirling in Montreal of something else off ice.... not related to the Kostityn thing. All players in that situation have been investigated and found 100% innocent of any knowledge of who they were dealing with...
Any updates on this?
Any updates on this?
I haven't heard anything, chris?unrelated:

Make a promise, keep a promise. Chris Higgins is keeping his word on the $500 laid on the table to any Canadiens player who would set up a Josh Gorges goal against his former team, the Sharks on Saturday. Forward Matt D' Agostini will pocket the cash, for setting Gorges up for the team's second goal in the first of the game. "I'm reallly happy for Josh and real glad I didn't make it a thousand dollars", said Higgins. "Matt Doesn't have to worry, he'll get his money. I wrote the offer on the dressing room board and the whole team knows about it. I've no choice, or else I'll really hear about it."

it was a sweet set up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeGGF1ErSbQ...feature=related

They got tested the other day and from what I gathered if they get caught with and illegal drug like cocaine or weed in their system then it is not revealed to the public but the player has to undergo therapy and clean up.If it's steroids then the player can bring the results to arbitration in which case we wouldn't hear about it until the summer time I believe.is this correct?EDIT: steroids results in a 20 game suspension. What type of drug is it? is it many players or just 1?

They got tested the other day and from what I gathered if they get caught with and illegal drug like cocaine or weed in their system then it is not revealed to the public but the player has to undergo therapy and clean up.If it's steroids then the player can bring the results to arbitration in which case we wouldn't hear about it until the summer time I believe.is this correct?EDIT: steroids results in a 20 game suspension. What type of drug is it? is it many players or just 1?
I've heard cocaine and I've heard Higgins and Price.
I've heard cocaine and I've heard Higgins and Price.
ya Perron pointed out Sergei, Higgins and Price as the guys who party to much, he said sergei was completely out of control.