Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

i havent seen a full habs game in a while but isnt it worth them giving halak a shot for a couple of games, purely to see if it shakes up the team a bit. how often do you see a team play a tighter in front of the back up to grind out a win? when you're in a funk like this with so much on the line, isnt it worth making a move to shake the team up - not necessarily because price is playing poorly? i know its a different argument to whether or not price is playing bad, but how do you feel about changing the goalie for that reason?
Halak definitely deserves the start tonight. Price was dreadful against Ottawa. My point was with those that questioned Price's start against Ottawa. Price had played well the couple of games leading into the Ottawa game and he was the obvious choice. To question starting Price is what we often hear around this forum...results oriented.Word is that A. Kostitsyn and Komisarek will be watching from the pressbox. I have no problem with that either. No free rides.
Halak definitely deserves the start tonight. Price was dreadful against Ottawa. My point was with those that questioned Price's start against Ottawa. Price had played well the couple of games leading into the Ottawa game and he was the obvious choice. To question starting Price is what we often hear around this forum...results oriented.Word is that A. Kostitsyn and Komisarek will be watching from the pressbox. I have no problem with that either. No free rides.
but will it be a high scoring game?

Sergei K got called back, maybe this will fire up the older brother again because he's been a non factor lately. Carbo talked to media the other day and said something along the lines of "one day the real story will get out, it always does" this leads me to think that a player or the team cost him his job. He says he didn't feel like he 'lost' the room and i believe that's accurate, even if he is a poor communicator I'm sure most of them respect him a lot and don't think he's a bad coach. I think Koivu cost him his job. the team stopped responding to Carbo and Saku should have rallied the troops behind the coach, but he didn't and instead forced Gainey to make a move. Now that Carbo is gone it's seems he wasn't the biggest problem. The teams is playing with no confidence, no heart and no hussle and I blame the leadership. I think the Habs need to move on past Koivu, what role can he fill for us in the future? He's been our best center for a decade but he was never a real #1, I don't want him as our #2 and he's not the right kind of guy for a #3. If he was the problem in the room then don't sign him this summer. Same with Kovy, let him go, as for the other UFAs hopefully some of them will still want to stay. Problem is that we're not deep at centre and he's one of our best unfortunately, we need to trade for a center, we have stockpiled assets for this reason, or we can sign soemone who is a FA since we'll have cap space this summer. Whichever it is we need new leadership. Anyways I didn't even come here to rant, Gillet is evaluating the value of the team and possibly considering selling teh franchise. He bought the franchise for $181M in 2001 and it's now estimated to be worth $334M, not a bad ROI.

Gorges blocked a shot vs Atlanta and was clearly in a lot of pain but stayed in front of net and then went to the corner to fight for a puck and clear it. The crowd recognized the pain he was in and started to cheer him on and it got really loud just to support the guy through his shift. That's why Montreal can be the best place in the league to play.

Montreal people:If I were to book a hotel using Hotwire, I'm assuming the "Montreal Downtown" region is the correct area for the Centre Bell?I'm coming down on the 11th for the season finale, gonna just take the train, and kinda want to be within walking distance of everything. Rue St. Catherines, Bell Centre, Via Station, restaurants/pubs, etc. Gonna get in early afternoon on the 11th, and leave in the evening on the 12th.

The Bell Centre is in the Dowtown area, i took a quick look at the site you posted and on the map of the "Downntown area" the Bell Centre is located close to Peel st. and the highway running east-west (about where the symbol for highway 10 is). Im montreal we refer to north-south as perpendicular to the st-lawrence, so st-catherines is said to run east-west.the train station will drop you off right next to the bell centre. From the train station you can jump on the metro (Bonaventure station on the orange line) and that gives you acces everywhere. Since you rather walk then try and stick within these limits: East-West streets: Rene-Levesque, St-Catherines, de Maisoneuve, Sherbrooke between Atwater and St-Denis. There are alot of hotels around University st./rene-levesque which is right in the middle of everyting, something close to there would be perfect for you.

Ya, alright. I don't mind taking the Metro, it's just always confusing if you're not used to it.That Hotwire thing just tells me which area the hotel is, and I get a good deal, instead of picking the actual hotel, so I'll just gamble with downtown, if I need to take a cab, or get lost on the metro, so be it.

Good game for the Habs tonight. Price looked awesome. Let's hope he's found his game again. The penalty killing and the powerplay both looked very good. The forwards are giving me an ulcer by not covering the other team's d-men in our own end. Latendresse and Lapierre are looking almost unstoppable at times. Let's hope Hamrlik didn't suffer a concussion...my money is on a broken nose. Dandenault's versality is proving to be a godsend. I wish Kovalev would just turn on the jets sometimes.

What are Lapierre's prospects for next year? Could he be a guy worth hanging onto in the FCHL? I just added him at the deadline cuz I had a bunch of open spots after trading for a ton of picks, but I've liked what I've seen from him lately. Could he ever be a 20-20 guy?

Devastating news for Montreal fans.... Andre Markov and Mathieu Schneider both gone, likely for the season. Markov as a result of getting boarded by a leaf player, and Schneider from a shoulder injury. This probably cripples the habs playoff hopes..