Official Jc "prtypsux" Alvarado Wpt Tv Final Table Thread

Wonder what he had here?53. JC Alvarado raises to $120,000 from the button and David Pham moves all in from the big blind for $500,000 more. Alvarado goes into the tank for several minutes before finally mucking his cards.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'd have to go into the tank with a slightly lowish pair like 77. he doesn't want to be dominated by a higher pair and most likely the all in means at best he can hope for is 50/50 against two overcards. and he would be very low stacked after that.
probably calls with 2 sevens, something like deuces or k or q high would be close but read dependent of course.

Feeling the FrustrationWednesday, March 28, 2007 08:07 PM PDT I said in the video that JC Alvarado was getting frustrated, and its starting to translate into his play. He’s holding head in his hands, looking dispirited and starting to really throw his chips around. The further this goes, the more it feels like we're waiting for a JC Tran vs. David Pham final, with the winner ending their years of frustration over an inability to take a WPT title.---FACK YOU DIKWAD! He's toying with them. :club:

WPT Quote - "I said in the video that JC Alvarado was getting frustrated, and its starting to translate into his play. He's holding head in his hands, looking dispirited and starting to really throw his chips around. The further this goes, the more it feels like we're waiting for a JC Tran vs. David Pham final, with the winner ending their years of frustration over an inability to take a WPT title."
All part of the plan.I hope

It sounds like he needs to almost walk away completely from the table for like 5 min. refocus and and come back playing aggressive. Don't Tilt NOW!!!!

It sounds like he needs to almost walk away completely from the table for like 5 min. refocus and and come back playing aggressive. Don't Tilt NOW!!!!
NOT WITH THESE BLINDS!!! Can't afford to miss a hand...

Hold your breath. It's been awhile since last update. That means we have an all-in (WPT moves very slow when there is an all-in, and they capture multiple angles of the crowd to edit in later).This could be Pham's stand, JC's stand, or both. HERE WE GOOOOOOO!

57. JC Tran raises to $110,000 from the button and David Pham calls from the small blind. The flop comes Q104 and Pham checks. Tran checks and the turn is the 7. Pham bets $160,000 and Tran makes the call. The river comes the 9 and Pham bets $200,000. Tran moves all in and Pham shows a queen as he mucks. Tran shows 8-6 for a straight as he rakes the pot.Wow. How does Pham make that laydown knowing he will be crippled?

All part of the plan.I hope
of course it's part of his plan. he is genius :club: i don't think anything has changed. he's still playing selectively aggressive. i mean why risk it when pham and tran are duking it out. 2nd place is MUCH more than 3rd. he can use that money to play many tournaments and win many.
57. JC Tran raises to $110,000 from the button and David Pham calls from the small blind. The flop comes Q104 and Pham checks. Tran checks and the turn is the 7. Pham bets $160,000 and Tran makes the call. The river comes the 9 and Pham bets $200,000. Tran moves all in and Pham shows a queen as he mucks. Tran shows 8-6 for a straight as he rakes the pot.Wow. How does Pham make that laydown knowing he will be crippled?
Maybe cause he had 6-5 for 6 high. Makes sense for the betting action and the desperate bluff at river.

60. JC Tran raises to $120,000 from the button and David Pham moves all in for $175,000 more. Tran makes the call and shows KQ. Pham turns over A8 and is in the lead. However, the board comes 1073Q7 and Tran catches a queen to win the pot and eliminate Pham from the tournament.YASSSSSSSSSSS