New Challenge (old Challenge)

Ya, funny thing is that I'm kind of used to it. I hate to sound like a whiny bitch but I've been pretty ul deep in major tourneys. At the same time I can improve a great deal and get lots better. Not sure if I really care to/want to though. Gonna have to take a break after that one, don't think I'll be posting much for a long while........I might play some cash games here and there but I'm going to take an extended break from poker, gl guys.(not trying to be an attention whore w.this post, just letting u guys know when you don't hear from me for a couple months, hopefully longer)
uck. Sorry Hoos. Been there before (in my own little stakes kinda way).Breaks rule. Take one for sure and forget about this sh*t for a while. You'll be back better than ever.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

You do not have the gift of hand history memory... :club: Do you mean utg limp/called, or did you mean the BB cold called your 3bet? CO's bet of $50 into a $300 pot seems odd? What did you mean that you felt like you'd stack whoever hit 2 pair, you're behind 2 pair!I probably just call down, but I think its hard not to go broke with the pot this big in a 3bet pot. If the bb cold called your 3bet, then I'd be more likely to get away because thats almost always QQ/JJ/TT.Mark
uhggg....lmao. I do suck at HH, no doubt. I was super tired when I posted this hand and I confused 2 diff. hands together.anyway, yes, the BB cold called. So did the CO. There was $300 pre in the pot now. Both calls were pretty bad IMO.The orig. raiser called $80 to win $220 needing a 2 outer. I am pretty sure he had no idea what he was doing, not mention he had to know I could have Aces or Kings here....how could he not? This is ordinarily a very good thing, but sometimes these donkeys will just crush your ass.And I was surprised the BB called with AK. He was a good player, so what the hell was he gonna do if an A or K hit the flop? He didn;t really hesitate when he called so I figured he had A K or was calling with a smallish "gonna go low and snap this clowns aces, he he" kinda hand, since he had a ton of chips.I knew now in my heart my Kings were in trouble no matter how the flop came, high or low. I felt like I had to hit a king or I was fugged. When the flop came 10s Js brick the BB asked how much we had and then looked pretty scared. He made a few motions like he wanted to bet out big and take a shot at it but decided not too. I figured a strong bet would fold him out.Then the dork bets out $50 into that $300 pot. I had no idea where I was and should never have shoved. I should have made it like $200 to go ... would have saved me $400. I played this hand really bad imo. but ... did I really? So hard not to think you are good here.

Someday I will have a hand hold up in a big pot. Not looking like it will be today though. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)UTG+1 ($4.05)Hero ($48.10)MP2 ($8.35)CO ($5)Button ($23.05)SB ($27.50)BB ($15)UTG ($24.85)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8s.gif, 8d.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 4 folds, BB calls $0.60.Flop: ($2.65) 6s.gif, 5h.gif, 8h.gif(3 players)BB bets $0.95, UTG+1 raises to $3.2, Hero raises to $10, BB raises to $14.15, Hero calls $4.15.Turn: ($34.15) 2s.gif(3 players)River: ($34.15) 4c.gif(3 players)Final Pot: $34.15Results in white below: BB has 3h Ah (straight, six high). UTG+1 has Qc Qd (one pair, queens). Hero has 8s 8d (three of a kind, eights). Outcome: BB wins $34.15.

When the flop came 10s Js brick the BB asked how much we had and then looked pretty scared. He made a few motions like he wanted to bet out big and take a shot at it but decided not too. I figured a strong bet would fold him out.Then the dork bets out $50 into that $300 pot. I had no idea where I was and should never have shoved. I should have made it like $200 to go ... would have saved me $400. I played this hand really bad imo. but ... did I really? So hard not to think you are good here.
Don't try and fold out the worse hands, try and get them to bluff their chips off :)And I agree, pot is so big its hard not to go busto with KK there. Just bleh that they both called and someone hit.Mark

I think I'm going to do this more often. It seems like good LAG Regs try to play extremely loose at the start of a session to build up an image. This was ericontilt's 4th hand at the table, took advantage of it.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $452.60UTG+1: $228CO: $398Hero: $420.50SB: $919.70BB: $133.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q :D K :D2 folds, CO raises to $14, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 6 :club: Q :) 3 :D ($44, 3 players)BB checks, CO bets $32, Hero calls, BB folds.Turn: 4 :D ($108, 2 players)CO bets $91, Hero calls.River: 8 :) ($290, 2 players)CO is all-in $261, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $812CO showed Tc JhHero showed Qs Ks

Full Tilt Poker Game #4533265396: Table Del Mue (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:15:07 ET - 2007/12/17Seat 1: vtlaxer09 ($55.90)Seat 2: schubie ($17.25)Seat 3: Ole_Drippy98 ($14.70)Seat 4: PuppyEater ($33.80)Seat 5: Mroldfart ($21.15)Seat 6: THE_BULL_26 ($24.50)THE_BULL_26 posts the small blind of $0.10vtlaxer09 posts the big blind of $0.25The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to vtlaxer09 [As Ah]schubie calls $0.25Ole_Drippy98 foldsPuppyEater calls $0.25Ole_Drippy98 adds $10.30Mroldfart calls $0.25THE_BULL_26 calls $0.15vtlaxer09 raises to $1.50schubie calls $1.25PuppyEater calls $1.25Mroldfart calls $1.25THE_BULL_26 folds*** FLOP *** [8d Qh 9h]PuppyEater: fun tablevtlaxer09 checksschubie checksPuppyEater checksMroldfart checks*** TURN *** [8d Qh 9h] [6c]vtlaxer09 checksschubie checksPuppyEater bets $2.25Mroldfart adds $5.35Mroldfart foldsvtlaxer09 calls $2.25schubie calls $2.25*** RIVER *** [8d Qh 9h 6c] [Ad]vtlaxer09 bets $5.25schubie has 15 seconds left to actschubie foldsPuppyEater has 15 seconds left to actPuppyEater raises to $30.05, and is all invtlaxer09 has 15 seconds left to actvtlaxer09 has requested TIMEplease discuss thanks.ps. In about 25 hands at the table... villain had only shown down once.. (33 on a K 8 7 3 3 board)

please discuss thanks.ps. In about 25 hands at the table... villain had only shown down once.. (33 on a K 8 7 3 3 board)
I lead out on that flop 1000% of the time. Good chance your beat but I think you have to call as played.
I lead out on that flop 1000% of the time. Good chance your beat but I think you have to call as played.
you lead out even with 3 callers ... flush draw... str8 on the board.. 2 pair abound... not to mention set?? 3 limpers and 3 callers... equals not a pretty board...also.. are u The_Bull_26?? if so then it happened at ur table.

Raise slightly more preflop. Why are you checking flop? And I ever accidentally time out and check flop, I'm betting turn 150% of the time. Wtf was the check/call? As played you have to call river because you played it so passively and significantly underrepped your hand.

you lead out even with 3 callers ... flush draw... str8 on the board.. 2 pair abound... not to mention set??3 limpers and 3 callers... equals not a pretty board...also.. are u The_Bull_26?? if so then it happened at ur table.
1. This is why you lead out. You'll know pretty quickly if your beat. As played you have no idea.2. No
1. This is why you lead out. You'll know pretty quickly if your beat. As played you have no idea.2. No
haha ok fair enough.. and i guess i agree with you.. i play a slightly more passive game especially in the lower stakes i've been playing.i let people dig their own graves per say and If I think they got there then Ill make the laydown.. I thought i was beat... the only thing I could beat here was a set IMO.. and would understand a push if he put me on an AK which is what it looked like I had...I folded and he did show J 10 for the flopped straight. the A on hte river made it alot trickier to fold.In the future I promise to bet flop and turn to figure out where im at.

This is always fun against a reg who refuses to ever shift gears down.....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($327.05)MP ($109.75)CO ($250.20)Button ($146.10)Hero ($198)BB ($496.55)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kspade.gif, Aclub.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $8, Button calls $8, Hero raises to $34, 1 fold, CO raises to $90, Button folds, Hero raises to $198, CO calls $108.Flop: ($406) 4club.gif, 3club.gif, 7diamond.gif(2 players)Turn: ($406) 2heart.gif(2 players)River: ($406) 8heart.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $406Results in white below: Hero has Ks Ac (high card, ace). CO has 5h Ah (straight, five high). Outcome: CO wins $406.

Ya, funny thing is that I'm kind of used to it. I hate to sound like a whiny bitch but I've been pretty ul deep in major tourneys. At the same time I can improve a great deal and get lots better. Not sure if I really care to/want to though. Gonna have to take a break after that one, don't think I'll be posting much for a long while........I might play some cash games here and there but I'm going to take an extended break from poker, gl guys.(not trying to be an attention whore w.this post, just letting u guys know when you don't hear from me for a couple months, hopefully longer)
Ugh. Stuff like this stings, especially when you're a scrub like myself without a roll. Happened to me in the sunday million one time (not as deep but I woulda been in awesome shape had he not gotten there).I just cashed out my tourney winnings asap to make me feel a little better. . . .
I think I'm going to do this more often. It seems like good LAG Regs try to play extremely loose at the start of a session to build up an image. This was ericontilt's 4th hand at the table, took advantage of it.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $452.60UTG+1: $228CO: $398Hero: $420.50SB: $919.70BB: $133.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q :D K :D2 folds, CO raises to $14, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 6 :club: Q :) 3 :D ($44, 3 players)BB checks, CO bets $32, Hero calls, BB folds.Turn: 4 :D ($108, 2 players)CO bets $91, Hero calls.River: 8 :) ($290, 2 players)CO is all-in $261, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $812CO showed Tc JhHero showed Qs Ks
the day ericontilt (17/13/6) is LAG is the day I will shoot myself in the face.- Jordan
the day ericontilt (17/13/6) is LAG is the day I will shoot myself in the face.- Jordan
I have him as 21/16 but my sample size is less than 500 hands. He is a bluffdonkey though.Mark
I think I'm going to do this more often. It seems like good LAG Regs try to play extremely loose at the start of a session to build up an image. This was ericontilt's 4th hand at the table, took advantage of it.
I was checking out one of Stinger's old video's on cardrunners last night and he started off his session like this.

What do you guys do before you sit down to play a session? Any routines to get you in the right frame of mind? I have been thinking about this a lot today as sometimes I sit down to play and am very distracted with a bunch of things.

What do you guys do before you sit down to play a session? Any routines to get you in the right frame of mind? I have been thinking about this a lot today as sometimes I sit down to play and am very distracted with a bunch of things.
trying playing just one table with no distractions (even FCP) make your poker table the size of your screen helps me... and just play. It is amazing the things you can pick up on if you are playing attention. If you are a cash game player I think table selection is the most important part of cash game poker, if you are constantly playing with nits it is going to be really hard to make a profit.After Mark mentioned that he doesn't multitable I started playing 1 table and I have really great results.

Another bad session today. Got paid off on a set on the last hand so I'm only down $1k for the day. There are just these days where I try to make plays and absolutely nothing works. I think during these times I'm carddead and just need to nit up rather than trying to force it.I'm down like $4k through 26,500 hands since the start of November. I feel like I'm a winning player, I don't know if I am on an extended downswing or if I'm simply not a winning player.

with regards to distractions, i think playing fewer tables is a good option that i'm going to start implementing soon. I used to 4-6 table my cash games for long extended sessions but i'm gonna switch down to 2 tables at once. that way i can focus more on table dynamics and zone in on certain players and their tendencies, etc, and exploit them more.

just played a weird sesh, where before hand i was kinda like, "i probably shouldnt play cuz im not in grinding mode". ever feel like that, and you play anyways? 2.5 buy-ins later (lost), i just sit up.meh.- Jordan