New Challenge (old Challenge)

pretty upset with how today went regardless of a decent profit.ended up +1700ish over 5 hours of play. All of it came from the last 30 min of the day. HU wasn't going well...I wasn't play my best and was breaking even for the most part...so i decided to fire up some 600nl 6max tables and 4 tabled for like 45 min....ended up winning like 1800 or so and ending the day +1700...i feel pretty frustrated cuz i'm feeling worn out. I just feel tired and not motivated to study very much...pretty much just feeling really lazy...going to give myself tomorrow off (was supposed to give myself today off but didnt) and am going go organize myself in general...clean my room/work out/relax and maybe smoke some weed .... only smoked like once in the last 2 months but had lots and lots of opportunities to...Then, I might give myself another day off and study...btw, I was really playing well in the 6max part of the day...I became LAGier than I was (probably due to me playing lots of HU the last few days) and I'm feeling really confident playing 6max which is great because I never felt like i was on home turf playing 6max before...i only felt that HU (not the past few days though)...but yea...so december's profit is like 7.5k or so...perhaps a little more....but december has really worn me out...made me quite tired and lately i've been really irritable which is not good....gonna browse the forums, then watch a movie then go to sleep...gn,Gabe

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

What the hell does this guy have, no hand makes sensePoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $106.55UTG+1: $124.90CO: $93.50Hero: $219.30SB: $99BB: $437.05Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :D :D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $6, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: :D :D :) ($24.5, 4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $16, Hero calls, 2 folds.Turn: :club: ($56.5, 2 players)CO bets $30, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $30 returned to CO.Results:Final pot: $56.5
Disclaimer: I am drunk and it just took me 9 clicks to find the colon symbolI am fine with flatting pf, but with that flop and the number of draws out there I am raising flop and looking to get it in every single time.
Disclaimer: I am drunk and it just took me 9 clicks to find the colon symbolI am fine with flatting pf, but with that flop and the number of draws out there I am raising flop and looking to get it in every single time.
Much agreed.

I've been reading this thread for a while and it's been quite enjoyable. The thread has inspired me to start playing 6-max seriously. That and me running like crap at full ring helped the decision so it should be a nice change of pace.I'm gonna try and start posting in this thread as none of my friends take poker seriously and it would be nice to discuss poker with more knowledgable players. I'll try and remember to post something more thorough about how I started and all that if anyone cares to read. Good luck at the tables.Edit: Nice, my 1000th post is in this thread, you guys helped my pop my 4-digit cherry.

baaaah!! getting sick of poker :club: gonna keep making myself play though i guess. getting so close to supernova. 15,700 to go!12-17FR.jpgso...in 4 of my last 5 graphs, i have started out the session horribly, and had to climp out of a big hole. i HATE this! was talking to someone, and they suggested playing a lot tigher at the start, until i get better reads (pahud stats) on everyone. i think this is prolly really smart, so i will give it a try.

baaaah!! getting sick of poker :club: gonna keep making myself play though i guess. getting so close to supernova. 15,700 to go!12-17FR.jpgso...in 4 of my last 5 graphs, i have started out the session horribly, and had to climp out of a big hole. i HATE this! was talking to someone, and they suggested playing a lot tigher at the start, until i get better reads (pahud stats) on everyone. i think this is prolly really smart, so i will give it a try.
what are the requirements for supernova???
what are the requirements for supernova???
lol @ me still be awake :(supernova is 100k vpp in a year. i didnt start playing much on stars until early november/late october. i started then with around 15k vpp, so ive gotten almost 60k since then. gogogogo!! cant wait till its over. this is like actually having a real job :club:

loooooooooolDisneyland announces plans to close the "It's a Small World" attraction to deepen its water channel after the ride's boats start getting stuck under loads of heavy passengers. Employees ask larger passengers to disembark—and compensate them with coupons for free food.

loooooooooolDisneyland announces plans to close the "It's a Small World" attraction to deepen its water channel after the ride's boats start getting stuck under loads of heavy passengers. Employees ask larger passengers to disembark—and compensate them with coupons for free food.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolgabe,i noticed the more i played hu the more irritable i became.this was from though playing HU every day nearly for about 7 months str8. I'm really taking a break from HU play right now, as my attitude was def. affecting both how i played, and too an extent my attitude in real life situations. almost like numbing my real emotions. idk if that makes sense.if you feel like this, i'd def. recommend taking a break from hu play for a while. i think it will be better for you in the long run.- Jordan
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolgabe,i noticed the more i played hu the more irritable i became.this was from though playing HU every day nearly for about 7 months str8. I'm really taking a break from HU play right now, as my attitude was def. affecting both how i played, and too an extent my attitude in real life situations. almost like numbing my real emotions. idk if that makes sense.if you feel like this, i'd def. recommend taking a break from hu play for a while. i think it will be better for you in the long run.- Jordan
Nit it up in full ring maybe?I'm more of a 6 max fan myself though.

quick question... Since i've never really been a cash game player.. i've never qualified to be an ironman.... anyways... it looks like ill probably get to a silver or something this month... I noticed a year end bonus on hte promotion page... does that mean I will get an extra 50$ simply by qualifying for a silver ironman this month?thanks.

quick question... Since i've never really been a cash game player.. i've never qualified to be an ironman.... anyways... it looks like ill probably get to a silver or something this month... I noticed a year end bonus on hte promotion page... does that mean I will get an extra 50$ simply by qualifying for a silver ironman this month?thanks.
Never qualified either, but if it's the promotion I'm thinking of:I think $1200 was the maximum attainable bonus if you got the Iron level for the whole year.In a nutshell, yes, you get a free $50
Yes, you will get a free $50. Also, make sure to claim either part of the freeroll or bonus medals to take advantage of the promotion.

LOL, sickest flop ever? Too bad KJ was shortstacked.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $85.20CO: $103.90Button: $476.60SB: $358Hero: $564.70Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K :D K :club:UTG raises to $12, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises to $56, Hero calls, UTG folds, CO calls.Flop: 2 :D K :) J :D ($180, 3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, CO is all-in $47.9, SB raises to $168, Hero raises all-in $508.7, SB calls all-in $134.Uncalled bets: $206.7 returned to Hero. Turn: Q :D ($577.8, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $323.7, Sidepot 1: $508.2)River: 6 :) ($577.8, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $323.7, Sidepot 1: $508.2)Results:Final pot: $577.8SB showed Jh JdHero showed Ks KdCO showed Kh Jc

yea I def think I'm going to be taking a break from Hu...6max I'm feeling really confident in right now and I can 4table...and it's not that much stress and it's not nearly as tiring...so for now, i'll be playing 6 max.....i'm really feeling good about my 6max game right now....and i love 4 tabling on my new screen....ever table is pretty large unlike the way they used to be on my old screen...and the resolution is really good

So who checks down and who value bets here? Villain is pretty laggy but not out of line.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $553.50CO: $457.10Button: $587.20SB: $844.30Hero: $903.30Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K :club: K :D UTG folds, CO raises to $16, Button folds, SB raises to $56, Hero calls, CO folds.Flop: Q :) 8 :) 6 :D ($128, 2 players)SB bets $75, Hero calls.Turn: 4 :D ($278, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $155, SB calls.River: 5 :D ($588, 2 players)SB checks, Hero ???

So who checks down and who value bets here? Villain is pretty laggy but not out of line.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $553.50CO: $457.10Button: $587.20SB: $844.30Hero: $903.30Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K :club: K :D UTG folds, CO raises to $16, Button folds, SB raises to $56, Hero calls, CO folds.Flop: Q :) 8 :) 6 :D ($128, 2 players)SB bets $75, Hero calls.Turn: 4 :D ($278, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $155, SB calls.River: 5 :D ($588, 2 players)SB checks, Hero ???
he's likely got AQ there. There could be an arguement made for checking and for betting...really depends on opponent.
lol @ me still be awake :(supernova is 100k vpp in a year. i didnt start playing much on stars until early november/late october. i started then with around 15k vpp, so ive gotten almost 60k since then. gogogogo!! cant wait till its over. this is like actually having a real job :club:
Hey dueces I have been lurking this thread every so often and I get the feeling you are playing too many hands/day. I remember a couple days ago where you played 10k hands but only made like 227$, after being at a high point of 900ish. Your last 600 or so hands was all downhill. As an outside observer, I think you may want to re-evaulate when you quit playing sometimes. You say its like a real job, and even though it can be at times and should be by setting up certain hours to play, and limiting yourself to a certain amount of play. I dont know if you do this (I havent read a post that says you do), but if getting Supernova is your only goal, regardless of how much you make then I am off base here. But if making money is your goal, you may want to think about the volume you are playing. Just a thought.btw if you get Supernova is it only good til then end of the year, or do you get it next year too.

zimmer def value town that river with KK. gab heads up takes a lot of getting used to as it is way swingier then 6 max, but once you get used to it, i think its the most fun by far, as the rush of winning so much $ so quickly cant be topped. just take a few days off from it then start it up again, unless you would rather play 6 max, which is obviously fine too.

Hey dueces I have been lurking this thread every so often and I get the feeling you are playing too many hands/day. I remember a couple days ago where you played 10k hands but only made like 227$, after being at a high point of 90oish. Your last 600 or so hands was all downhill. As an outside observer, I think you may want to re-evaulate when you quit playing sometimes. You say its like a real job, and even though it can be at times and should be by setting up certain hours to play, and limiting yourself to a certain amount of play. I dont know if you do this (I havent read a post that says you do), but if getting Supernova is your only goal, regardless of how much you make then I am off base here. But if making money is your goal, you may want to think about the volume you are playing. Just a thought.btw if you get Supernova is it only good til then end of the year, or do you get it next year too.
Pretty sure he is only worried about making supernova at the moment. and yes it is good for all of next year too. (well as long as you continue to play)

On the topic of bonuses on stars:With the amount of SNGs Hevad Khan plays, would the bonuses and things he gets from stars cancel out the 38k loss he's made in them? I know it's hard to say precisely, but he's played like 18k SNGs, hopw much in bonuses would you expect him to get from that?