New Challenge (old Challenge)

i just got to my room at ballys, and its nice as hell. its a lot nicer than the room i had in caesars.is anyone else in vegas right now?
I'm at bill's across the street, you should come over and help me win this 4.40.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

i just got to my room at ballys, and its nice as hell. its a lot nicer than the room i had in caesars.is anyone else in vegas right now?
I stayed there over the summer and was impressed with their rooms as well. Have a good time

Playing in a cool live tourney at the Beau Rivage tomorrow. $5000 gtd prize pool. $30 entry goes to Toys for Tots. 2500 starting chips 20 min. levels. Optional $30 rebuy for 3000 more chips and $10 dealer appreciation for 1500 chips. So basically $70 for 7000 chips. Structure is not the worst I've seen but accelerates pretty quickly after 500/1000 which is the 1st level of the 3rd hour. Rebuy proceeds go to the Salvation Army. I would be amazed if this didn't have an overlay. Weekday tournaments there usually get around 50 players. Should be fun.

long session...+670 after 800 hands...just seems long cuz i was playing such a bad player at 600 nl and broke even with him after like 1.5 hours....maybe lost 100 or so....but he was just so bad and my image was so good...i just needed to flop anything good and him to have TP or something and I would get paid off real nice...i just couldn't make any hands...i c-bet 100% of the time vs him and opened a really wide range on the btn..he just never raised me and always either called or folded but he'd never bluff...never...and i called in some cheap spots just to ensure that i'm correct in my read....paying for information...it's frustrating not to win anything from him cuz he's just sooo bad...he quit me after 1.5 hours...which is understandable...it was a pretty long session and I was uber aggro vs. him so he probably was tired...400nl just seems so low to me now...i think that's a bad thing...Gabe

do you guys (who win/lose thousands in one day) ever tell your family about your day? Like i was a little upset but like didn't hit anything or break anything yesterday when I was down over 5k...but when I told my family about it, that I was down 5k at one point yesterday, they freaked! they started asking me all these questions...their reaction honestly scared me...it didn't hit me until then that wow...i was down 5k at one point yesterday...lol...crazy shit..soon enough I'll look back on this and laugh...just like I'm laughing at myself in the past that freaked when I lost 1k...so sick though..that's a healthy 1 month salary .... sry for talking about it so much, it's just I'm really new to losing several thousands in one day....

do you guys (who win/lose thousands in one day) ever tell your family about your day? Like i was a little upset but like didn't hit anything or break anything yesterday when I was down over 5k...but when I told my family about it, that I was down 5k at one point yesterday, they freaked! they started asking me all these questions...their reaction honestly scared me...it didn't hit me until then that wow...i was down 5k at one point yesterday...lol...crazy shit..soon enough I'll look back on this and laugh...just like I'm laughing at myself in the past that freaked when I lost 1k...
Don't ever get into specific numbers....period. I am very vague when I talk to my girlfriend, usually just good months, bad months, good days, bad days, etc.
do you guys (who win/lose thousands in one day) ever tell your family about your day? Like i was a little upset but like didn't hit anything or break anything yesterday when I was down over 5k...but when I told my family about it, that I was down 5k at one point yesterday, they freaked! they started asking me all these questions...their reaction honestly scared me...it didn't hit me until then that wow...i was down 5k at one point yesterday...lol...crazy shit..soon enough I'll look back on this and laugh...just like I'm laughing at myself in the past that freaked when I lost 1k...
I don't make it a point to tell my wife, but she knows I win and lose thousands in a day and is used to it by now, and I will tell her if she asks. I have enough history of winning that she has a good comfort level with it. If I had a gf, I don't think I would get into specifics ever. Its all relative kind of like you said at the end of your post. I remember back when I'd lose $500 and freak out myself, and of course your sig other is going to freak out even more! The more they hear you win and lose, the more immune to it they will become, just like the more immune you become to caring about losing larger and larger sums the more you do it.Mark

If you guys are serious<-------Will try to win Sunday Million for you. I'll never buy myself in because I was addicted to tourneys and they were sending me bust. I can't promise anything because I'm probably a loser at tourneys, but I'd try my best for you.

I don't make it a point to tell my wife, but she knows I win and lose thousands in a day and is used to it by now, and I will tell her if she asks. I have enough history of winning that she has a good comfort level with it. If I had a gf, I don't think I would get into specifics ever. Its all relative kind of like you said at the end of your post. I remember back when I'd lose $500 and freak out myself, and of course your sig other is going to freak out even more! The more they hear you win and lose, the more immune to it they will become, just like the more immune you become to caring about losing larger and larger sums the more you do it.Mark
Yeah I was at my dad's house the other day when I lost the $800. I was trying to be vague, but it was hard, especially when I was trying to tell him I'll never go broke because I only ever have 5% of my money in play. My dad's not an idiot so he worked out I had at least $4000 online if I was playing nl200, and got really worried at the amount of money I had online. I think I got through to him a little, and he's starting to understand I'm not crazy, but my stepmum would have nothing of it and is sure I'm going to go broke.
i must have a ballin' gf, cuz i told her i went on a 17k downswing last month and she was like, 'well you'll just win it back later'.loooooooool.yes, yes i will.- Jordan
woooow...17k downswing?? playing what??? if you don't mind me asking, what's your BR right now?
Used an airline credit and booked my WSOP Vegas trip today. May 28th-June 8th. Who else is gonna be there then?
Thinking about it, but I'll probably be there for the beginning of June (2nd/3rd or so) unless there's some pre-WSOP tourney series going on.I'm gonna send you a PM too.