New Challenge (old Challenge)

This happened immediately after the 8 2 hand. Pretty much plays itself out. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($53.90)Button ($56.70)Hero ($216.50)BB ($44.60)UTG ($54.40)Preflop: Hero is SB with ac.gif, kc.gif. UTG raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.5, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.50.Flop: ($9.50) ad.gif, qh.gif, ks.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $4, Hero raises to $11, UTG calls $7.Turn: ($31.50) qd.gif(2 players)Hero bets $16, UTG raises to $38.9, Hero calls $22.90.River: ($109.30) kh.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $109.30Results in white below: UTG has As 3c (two pair, aces and kings). Hero has Ac Kc (full house, kings full of aces). Outcome: Hero wins $109.30.
3bet should be a lot bigger pre imo--
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Matt as a general rule calling preflop in 6 max is not good esp at 50nl. FOLD>RAISE>CALL
I understand that, but I dont like 3 betting utg, I like to get in cheap in that spot, if I hit huge I can check raise them and bet the turn heavy if theres no bad cards. It really is the only time I ever call in 6 max, usually if I'm playing I'm raising.Although everyone knows good things happen when you shoot it up pre-flop with the 8 deuce :club:
I went on a heater and pissed a lot of it away so I'm trying to play with better BR management. I dunno if its looser than I normally would. I'm a pretty LAG player. Have you ever played with me? I dont think you can comment on if I'm a loose or tight playerThe first hand I wouldn't of played it that way @ different stakes i'll admit that though. But to answer your question, I'm looking to improve my game and try to keep it consistent.
+82hand +KJ hand = Jopke acct?
I understand that, butI dont like 3 betting utg, I like to get in cheap in that spot, if I hit huge I can check raise them and bet the turn heavy if theres no bad cards. It really is the only time I ever call in 6 max, usually if I'm playing I'm raising.Although everyone knows good things happen when you shoot it up pre-flop with the 8 deuce :club:
You constantly do this regarding some very basic concepts of poker. Please stop. Anything you would say afterwards is contrary to millions and millions and mil lions of hands put in by players far superior to you, all stastically proving that, in the long run, calling sucks as an option over 95% of the time. It's a fact, like me saying the Bears are 5-8. It's impossible to dispute.
You constantly do this regarding some very basic concepts of poker. Please stop. Anything you would say afterwards is contrary to millions and millions and mil lions of hands put in by players far superior to you, all stastically proving that, in the long run, calling sucks as an option over 95% of the time. It's a fact, like me saying the Bears are 5-8. It's impossible to dispute.
I'm not disputing anything you said. If you ever watched me play a session, you'd see I raise almost every hand that I decide to play. I was more interested in the betting of the hand post flop but whatever.
I'm not disputing anything you said. If you ever watched me play a session, you'd see I raise almost every hand that I decide to play. I was more interested in the betting of the hand post flop but whatever.
This is my last reply to any of your hands, as not only do you argue with anyone that gives you advice, I also suspect that you just get a kick outta playing like a retard an posting the hands here. In the 82 hand. If for some retarded reason I got a muscle twitch an accidently bumbed the call button. I lead out on that flop oh.....like 175% of the time.However if I again got some kind of retarded muscle twitch and accidently checked the flop. I do actually like the size of your check raise.half pot bet on turn is way to smallsame bet on river is absolutly terrible also.other then that though I liked how you played the hand. And I will be continuing to check and see if there is a seat at one of your tables everytime I log in to play a session.
This is my last reply to any of your hands, as not only do you argue with anyone that gives you advice, I also suspect that you just get a kick outta playing like a retard an posting the hands here. In the 82 hand. If for some retarded reason I got a muscle twitch an accidently bumbed the call button. I lead out on that flop oh.....like 175% of the time.
Never argued with you once. You cant seem to read so please dont reply. You're telling me to play the way I normally play and refuse to believe me that I play that way based on one hand. Thanks for reminding me though.
Never argued with you once. You cant seem to read so please dont reply. You're telling me to play the way I normally play and refuse to believe me that I play that way based on one hand. Thanks for reminding me though.
sigh
Why post the hand then? Just to elicit a response out of people?
i think the biggest mistake is preflop. UTG raise 4x to $2 and you repop to 9x or $4.5. your reraise serves basically no purpose. the villian is never going to fold anything in his range, so you gain nothing there. you are def. helping a solid player define your range. Also, i think its pretty well known that AK plays a lot better when you see all 5 cards, which is why most players will try and get as much $$ in pre as possible. (that way ur "pot commited" postflop.
I was more interested in the betting of the hand post flop but whatever.
You cant seem to read so please dont reply.
This is my last reply to any of your hands
This is not easy but I am a man of my word
OK, today made this decision easy.You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Ex_Matt. · View this post · Un-ignore Ex_Matt
This post serves less of a purpose than the ones I catch flack for :club:
i dont mind this (if your refering to Matts AK hand) bbut min raising just seems all kinds of messed up.
It was the same guy from the previous hand and I didnt wanna scare him away in case he was weak. I figured he woulda been on tilt and played the hand like a maniac if he hit anything at all, (which he did). Not the conventional way of playing but thats how I decided to play it.

Sigh.......this thread goes to shit every time he decides to post. I mean, what do you possibly say to someone who plays horrible, horrible poker but every time anyone tries to give any advice just goes into "I think on like 5 different levels" mode? Its pretty obvious he isn't here to learn but just to be an attention whore.

I'm with Stupidkid, joke account surely.Please Matt, stop being an attention whore, it's obvious from the way you behave and respond to posters who are trying their best to help that you're not looking to improve at all. Like Cubs fan said, i guess you get a kick out of playing badly then arguing with people who point that out.To everyone else in the challenge thread, please don't get into strat discussions with him from now on, this will be my last post on the subject and i hope it will be everyone elses as well. This is a great thread, don't ruin it by feeding the attention whore.

Hero calls FTW!Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $381UTG+1: $443CO: $1087.90Button: $464.70Hero: $400BB: $400Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A :club: 9 :)2 folds, CO raises to $8, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, 2 folds, Button calls.Flop: 8 :D Q :D 9 :D ($92, 2 players)Hero bets $74, Button calls.Turn: 5 :D ($240, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.River: 4 :) ($240, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $185, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $610Hero showed Ad 9cButton showed 7d Td

Sigh.......this thread goes to shit every time he decides to post. I mean, what do you possibly say to someone who plays horrible, horrible poker but every time anyone tries to give any advice just goes into "I think on like 5 different levels" mode? Its pretty obvious he isn't here to learn but just to be an attention whore.
This is exactly it, everytime someone gives some sort of constructive criticism to matt he simply replied with "normally i play differently" "this guy was super tilty" etc

This is posted to show that I'm a donk. With this opponent I have literally no fold equity on the turn, any hand that he bets the turn with, he is happy to get it in against me. I should either bet/call, or check call. Oh well I run goodPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $100UTG+1: $115.70Hero: $139.55Button: $155.50SB: $160.30BB: $113.80Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :):D2 folds, Hero raises to $3, Button raises to $10, 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: :D:):D ($21.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $16, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($53.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $36, Hero raises all-in $113.55, Button calls.River: :club: ($280.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $280.6)Results:Final pot: $280.6Hero showed 7s AsHe had TT

This is posted to show that I'm a donk. With this opponent I have literally no fold equity on the turn, any hand that he bets the turn with, he is happy to get it in against me. I should either bet/call, or check call. Oh well I run goodPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $100UTG+1: $115.70Hero: $139.55Button: $155.50SB: $160.30BB: $113.80Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :):D2 folds, Hero raises to $3, Button raises to $10, 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: :D:):D ($21.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $16, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($53.5, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $36, Hero raises all-in $113.55, Button calls.River: :club: ($280.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $280.6)Results:Final pot: $280.6Hero showed 7s AsHe had TT
I'd put in a huge checkraise on the flop. Nothing has you dominated and against 77-KK you're a favorite. Get as much money in on this flop as you can.

just made a vid playing HU vs a CR member...it was at 200nl since we were just doing this for educational purposes...it was fun...i ended up winning a buy in in a one hour session....no commentary on the vid though...we just played...gonna watch the WPT now...

why didnt you check raise the flop? i think i c/r this flop 100% of the time