New Challenge (old Challenge)

How many do I need for a significant sample?
More
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

My graph of 10 Nl is far this month.july-1.pngI'm concerned about my loss in non-showdown pots. Simo said that we should only be losing in non-showdown pots at a rate of -3bbs/100 but I'm losing in non-showdown pots at a rate of roughly -6bbs/100. What are some specific plays and adjustments that I can make to correct this?
It's not a problem at all if you're winning at a reasonable rate. It will just become harder to maintain the winrate at higher limits because people won't pay you off as lightly (along with other reasons).
It's not a problem at all if you're winning at a reasonable rate. It will just become harder to maintain the winrate at higher limits because people won't pay you off as lightly (along with other reasons).
thanks for the answers guys, and i'll work on playing more hands. :club:

Moving tomorrow and just finished my final poker session pre-move on a big loss :club: Oh well, it's pretty hard for me to feel bad when I ran so good for so long this month. Finished just short of the 4k VPPs to hit the golden whatever status on PS, but I don't wanna play anymore today. My internet won't be back until the 29th, so I'm gonna consider this the end of my month. I don't have a pc and my windows partition broke, so I don't have graphs or anything (sorry), but I probably played less than 10k hands and made a number I'm pretty happy with (but it would've been much better if I didn't play today). I'm pretty unhappy with how little I've played and I guess I'm also unhappy with my behavior, given I played way higher than I normally do but kept doing so on the basis I was riding a heater (lol). August goals:- Go back to grinding. In early 2008 I was putting in up to 5k hands a day and was happy with not just the results but the work habit I was showing. I think I'm gonna try to aim for 100k hands in August, which is 3.3k hands a day avg and will probably require me to put in ~4k/day as I'll miss a few days.- Spend 3 days in AC playing my solid nitty game and not play any pit games (I can count cards, but unfortunately a short session can tilt me, which turns out to affect my poker game).- Grind PLO. I brought this up a few pages ago in the challenge thread, but I was playing 400 and 600PLO and it's very likely my game isn't good enough to keep making money once I stopped winning every hand I played. So I think I'm going to aim to play 50k hands of 50PLO and so long as I've been winning, 50k hands of 100PLO. This probably won't be too difficult given how tight I play, but the annoying part of this would be finding good games at the times I play (early).- Lose weight. I have a standing weight loss bet with a friend and while I've hit the mark 2 months in a row, I just barely hit it after dehydrating myself and not eating the last few days. It's becoming clear to me he had a pretty big edge when this started because while I'd win 2-3 months the last 8-9 will be pretty difficult without a lot of work.

what i didn't get is why fgators kept playing and still posts on 2p2. did he get better or is he still doing that
that didnt last long
oh, i didn't see your text before it 1k post!
Congrats!Now change your title to something sexy... like "Poker Forum Veteran " or " Poker Forum Veteran "
100k hands. Yes.
I'm gonna come very, very close this month. If I hadn't taken a trip to visit my friends in Austin, I would have made it for sure.
I'm gonna come very, very close this month. If I hadn't taken a trip to visit my friends in Austin, I would have made it for sure.
Hi.I wouldn't laugh at you. I know it's possible. I know people do it. I know you also play a nauseating number of hands each day on a regular basis.I'm laughing at him saying he's gonna do it, that's all.
Hi.I wouldn't laugh at you. I know it's possible. I know people do it. I know you also play a nauseating number of hands each day on a regular basis.I'm laughing at him saying he's gonna do it, that's all.
eh, i am pretty used to putting in a lot of hands/day, or at least i was january-march 2008. if i don't, i guess i don't, but it's a goal. i'll even post a graph once i'm done. it's possible nutpeddling @ plo is a lot harder so i'll have to run less tables, but i dunno - i was doing 5k hands/day up to 50nlhegoing to bed now. probably won't have internet tomorrow, so good luck everyone
100k hands at nlhe, possible.100k hands at plo, especially for someone who doesn't know the game all that well, IMPOSSIBLE.
ok, i'll see how it goes, not a big deal

Only played about 20 hands with him and he is like 64/28/4.5...not that that really matters with such a small sample size. He bought in for 35 or some odd number like that so I automaticaly assume hes not very good. Over the 20 hands I had been 3-betting him a lot though and raising almost every button. Thoughts?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($29)Hero ($49.05)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jheart.gif, Aclub.gif. Button raises to $1.5, Hero raises to $5.5, Button raises to $9.5, Hero ???Is this an insta muck or a fistpump shove? I don't think calling here is an option because he's pretty much shoving any flop.

And a hand that came up tonight. I just seem to keep hitting these spots where I have a hand like 88-JJ and someone shoves their stack into like a a .50c pot.Villain was running at 26/13/1.3 over 50 hands.I'm new with PT3 stats so I don't know how these numbers factor into my decision.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 ($8.05)CO ($9.85)Button ($11.75)SB ($9.25)BB ($9.45)Hero ($23.30)UTG+1 ($10.60)MP1 ($10.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif. Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $8.05, 4 folds, Hero??
meh, thanks for the insight guys...was my question too vague or something?