• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I'm so bored right now.. I've been sitting at my dad's house waiting for a refrigerator to be delivered for almost 3 hours now.
Yet you obv have internet access and aren't pwning morons at 200nl??

Due to my boredom, I'm looking at really old threads and finding some funny stuff..Jordan's first post ever 11/26/04:I used to play online quite a bit, mixed with live play, but I recently decided to just drop online poker for the most part. I dunno about the outdraws. That just seem to happen. It may seem like more cause online you play more hands, but the thing I dislike the most about online play is not being able to look at your opponent. For me, online play has taken a big part out of the game, so I'm pretty much finished with it for the most part. I may put down little deposits here and there from time to time if I want to play in some tournaments or qualifiers some, but other than that I think live is the best bet at being a better poker player. However, playing multi tables online is a great way to make a solid hourly rate...or negative hourly rate. - Jordan LOLMy like 3rd post ever 01/21/05The problem I have with playing NL online is simply my inability to focus on the game in front of me. I have a much easier time seeing a player's weaknesses and using my strengths to exploit them in live games.

Yet you obv have internet access and aren't pwning morons at 200nl??
I'm stupidly superstitious about where I play.. I hate playing without my realtimeHud and my PT running at my computer. I considered downloading PS and playing some HU sngs but if they came with the fridge in the middle of my sng I'd be screwed
Due to my boredom, I'm looking at really old threads and finding some funny stuff..Jordan's first post ever 11/26/04:I used to play online quite a bit, mixed with live play, but I recently decided to just drop online poker for the most part. I dunno about the outdraws. That just seem to happen. It may seem like more cause online you play more hands, but the thing I dislike the most about online play is not being able to look at your opponent. For me, online play has taken a big part out of the game, so I'm pretty much finished with it for the most part. I may put down little deposits here and there from time to time if I want to play in some tournaments or qualifiers some, but other than that I think live is the best bet at being a better poker player. However, playing multi tables online is a great way to make a solid hourly rate...or negative hourly rate. - Jordan LOLMy like 3rd post ever 01/21/05The problem I have with playing NL online is simply my inability to focus on the game in front of me. I have a much easier time seeing a player's weaknesses and using my strengths to exploit them in live games.
A few months ago, Jordan was looking through his old blogs and sending me little snippets of them. It was hilarious to see how bad he was back then and how much he wrote about it at the time.

Can some of you HU guys look at your PokerEV and put on the filter that river action is a bet or a raise? I'm not sure if my graph is normal for people that play a similar style to me or completely crazy.

A few months ago, Jordan was looking through his old blogs and sending me little snippets of them. It was hilarious to see how bad he was back then and how much he wrote about it at the time.
Any snippets that might help out bad players like me? :club:
I'm doing that now with my own blog and found two fun hands from live poker 2 years ago..The KJh kid was on super tilt as his big stack and shrunk to just about $80. He limped, I limped 78s, Q raised to $10 and again the Borgota dealer raised to $40 yet again. The button player this time who was a big donk and had a big stack called the $40 cold. KJh kid called the $40 as well leaving himself $37 behind, I called $38 cold looool and Q called as well. So 5 way to the flop $200 in the pot. Flop comes Qx 7h 6h. KJh kid puts his last $37 in like I expected him to do. I think for a while and just call and see what everyone else does behind me. Q raises to $100 total. Borgota dealer has AA and folds. Other cold caller had suited connectors and folds. I tell Q I hate him and fold my pair of 7's. Here is the sick thing.. its now a $320 pot and Q has 45h for 5 high and the other kid has 810c for ten high. Ten high holds and takes down a hugggge pot hahaha.I hovered right around my starting stack of $300 when my first big hand came up. Four players limped in, SB called and I checked my option with the 56h. The flop came down Kh 6x 2h so I had middle pair + FD. SB checked, I checked, EP limper checked, and a guy new to the table with about $200 behind bet $20 into the $12 pot. The kid behind him called, everyone else folded and it was to me. Both players had about $200 total behind so I decided to try and pick up the pot there and made it $140 total. Big overbet but I'll do this a lot with big hands as well as big draws. The original better thinks forever and eventually folds a set of two's, LOOOOOOL. The next kid to act thinks for a while too and calls with A8h. So I got a set to fold and ace high to call, sick. Turn and river blank and I scoop a nice pot with one pair.

I'm glad that I didn't start keeping a blog until I was good enough that I probably wouldn't be disgusted with how I played any of the hands I posted. I could be wrong though, I don't go back and read my own stuff, at least not yet.

Ok, I think this is funny. Since I'm kind of trying to waste time at work, I read a few of my old blogs. I found this one:http://acidknight.blogspot.com/2007/06/for-love-of-game.htmlWith this passgeThere are a lot of ups and downs in this game. Half of the people I play with are here to have fun. They are good hearted and are playing because they enjoy it and they don't care if they lose the money. That's what the game is about after all - having fun. The other half of the people are mostly miserable and play for reasons that I can't understand. I know that some of them manage to eke out a living doing this, but it is no existence that I would ever want to live. I play becuase I love the game. I love the challenges and I love that if I make the right moves, I will get paid. I am constantly being asked, "why don't you play for a living?" To that I respond, "Because I don't want anything in my life to hinge on poker." My bills are paid whether I win or lose. There is never that stress on me that if I make a series of bad bluffs, that they'll reposess my car or something. I never want to be a professional player. The thing that I think people lost sight of though is, whether you're a professional player, a casual player or someone who's just playing for the thrill and a little gambling action, play becuase you love the game becuase that's all that poker is, a game. Pretty funny that just one year later, I'm all but certain to quit my job and start playing for a living sometime soon.Maybe I meant I never wanted to be a live professional player?

I'm glad that I didn't start keeping a blog until I was good enough that I probably wouldn't be disgusted with how I played any of the hands I posted. I could be wrong though, I don't go back and read my own stuff, at least not yet.
Ok, I think this is funny. Since I'm kind of trying to waste time at work, I read a few of my old blogs. I found this one:http://acidknight.blogspot.com/2007/06/for-love-of-game.htmlWith this passgeThere are a lot of ups and downs in this game. Half of the people I play with are here to have fun. They are good hearted and are playing because they enjoy it and they don't care if they lose the money. That's what the game is about after all - having fun. The other half of the people are mostly miserable and play for reasons that I can't understand. I know that some of them manage to eke out a living doing this, but it is no existence that I would ever want to live. I play becuase I love the game. I love the challenges and I love that if I make the right moves, I will get paid. I am constantly being asked, "why don't you play for a living?" To that I respond, "Because I don't want anything in my life to hinge on poker." My bills are paid whether I win or lose. There is never that stress on me that if I make a series of bad bluffs, that they'll reposess my car or something. I never want to be a professional player. The thing that I think people lost sight of though is, whether you're a professional player, a casual player or someone who's just playing for the thrill and a little gambling action, play becuase you love the game becuase that's all that poker is, a game. Pretty funny that just one year later, I'm all but certain to quit my job and start playing for a living sometime soon.Maybe I meant I never wanted to be a live professional player?
16 minutes.
Can some of you HU guys look at your PokerEV and put on the filter that river action is a bet or a raise? I'm not sure if my graph is normal for people that play a similar style to me or completely crazy.
2448540560082508277S600x600Q85.jpg

2villains were 30/18 and 40/10ish - missed value on the river? I hated the flop and didn't think it worth leading - any comments?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($9.90)BB ($14.40)UTG ($9.85)Hero ($15.25)CO ($6.75)Button ($12.10)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :ts , J :5c . 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, Button calls $0.35, 2 folds.Flop: ($1.20) K :club: , 2 :4h , A :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.Turn: ($1.20) 8 :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.River: ($1.20) T :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.Final Pot: $1.20Results in white below: Hero has Js Jc (one pair, jacks). CO doesn't show. Button doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $1.20.

2villains were 30/18 and 40/10ish - missed value on the river? I hated the flop and didn't think it worth leading - any comments?
You're only getting called by a K I think in that spot. So the check is fine.And pleasepleaseplease convert your hands. You will get some/more responses if you do this.
2villains were 30/18 and 40/10ish - missed value on the river? I hated the flop and didn't think it worth leading - any comments?Full Tilt Poker Game #7342278732: Table Lyman (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:57:10 ET - 2008/07/23Seat 1: thakid16 ($9.90)Seat 2: fishrob ($14.40)Seat 3: mc218 ($9.85)Seat 4: GiggidyFT ($15.25)Seat 5: Undertak3r ($6.75)Seat 6: Big Al6580 ($12.10)thakid16 posts the small blind of $0.05fishrob posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GiggidyFT [Js Jc]mc218 foldsGiggidyFT raises to $0.35Undertak3r calls $0.35Big Al6580 calls $0.35thakid16 foldsfishrob folds*** FLOP *** [Kd 2h As]GiggidyFT checksUndertak3r checksBig Al6580 checks*** TURN *** [Kd 2h As] [8c]GiggidyFT checksUndertak3r checksBig Al6580 checks*** RIVER *** [Kd 2h As 8c] [Ts]GiggidyFT checksUndertak3r checksBig Al6580 checks*** SHOW DOWN ***GiggidyFT shows [Js Jc] a pair of Jacksthakid16 stands upUndertak3r mucksBig Al6580 mucksGiggidyFT wins the pot ($1.10) with a pair of Jacksmc218 has been disconnected*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1.20 | Rake $0.10Board: [Kd 2h As 8c Ts]Seat 1: thakid16 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: fishrob (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 3: mc218 didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: GiggidyFT showed [Js Jc] and won ($1.10) with a pair of JacksSeat 5: Undertak3r mucked [Td Qd] - a pair of TensSeat 6: Big Al6580 (button) mucked [7s 9s] - Ace King high
The flop check is fine, but lead the turn or the river.
And pleasepleaseplease convert your hands. You will get some/more responses if you do this.
Aye, sorry, was in the middle of play - i'll go back n sort it
Aye, sorry, was in the middle of play - i'll go back n sort it
The flop check is fine, but lead the turn or the river.
I kicked myself when I didn't lead the river - nm
I used to play online quite a bit, mixed with live play, but I recently decided to just drop online poker for the most part. I dunno about the outdraws. That just seem to happen. It may seem like more cause online you play more hands, but the thing I dislike the most about online play is not being able to look at your opponent. For me, online play has taken a big part out of the game, so I'm pretty much finished with it for the most part. I may put down little deposits here and there from time to time if I want to play in some tournaments or qualifiers some, but other than that I think live is the best bet at being a better poker player. However, playing multi tables online is a great way to make a solid hourly rate...or negative hourly rate. - Jordan LOL
Oh my Pug, this tilts me so, so, so, so, so, so, so much.Basically, Jordan types as badly as he currently does by choice!?!Look at all those capitalized words and punctuated sentences!
Oh my Pug, this tilts me so, so, so, so, so, so, so much.Basically, Jordan types as badly as he currently does by choice!?!Look at all those capitalized words and punctuated sentences!
He's just on a whole other level that you can't quite understand.Just like Cwik's just leveling us with his spelling. Hons Sole.
I kicked myself when I didn't lead the river - nm
But the thing is that the ONLY hand that has a chance of calling you that you beat is one with a 10 in it. I think those type of players will check twice with a K like that a lot, and if they don't have it, they will fold.That is why check/call is a better line - hope they make a bet.

I think my first ever post was a strat question (LHE). Akishore responded with something like "fold flop, fold turn, fold river". But the best response was this:

But you played the hand SO BAD up to then then you deserve to be castrated, so my children don't have to deal with questions like this in 2035.