New Challenge (old Challenge)

Well then, you guys have your fun, and I'm going to:[X] WorkoutMark
If you worked out as much as you post about working out, we would be watching you on "American Gladiators". :club:
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

If you worked out as much as you post about working out, we would be watching you on "American Gladiators". :club:
pwned.jpgOk, I need to actually play poker sometime this afternoon.
fyp & QFMFT
I'd really like to watch you play, so if you could maybe post when you are starting a session I know you'd have my eternal and undying appreciation and maybe even my first born.

i really want to start playing since i'm sidelined from work with this infected toe however my computer is terrible and overheats constantly forcing it to shut off randomly all the time, and i know it will happen in the middle of big pots. can't hit the golf course because of the pain it causes my foot when i swing. i need another hobby?edit: can't wait to go back to school in less than 4 weeks

Something I've realized:This is the only thread that's worth reading anymore.But, I don't play cash games, so it's hard to post anything meaningful./observation
Its worth it just lurking, especially the last 2 pages of HU, these 2 pages have been the best in a while, no offense to the 10NL heads
i really want to start playing since i'm sidelined from work with this infected toe however my computer is terrible and overheats constantly forcing it to shut off randomly all the time, and i know it will happen in the middle of big pots. can't hit the golf course because of the pain it causes my foot when i swing. i need another hobby?edit: can't wait to go back to school in less than 4 weeks
Read a book.
I'd really like to watch you play, so if you could maybe post when you are starting a session I know you'd have my eternal and undying appreciation and maybe even my first born.
Mostly I can be found randomly playing at noon-1pm and then sporadically from 4:30pm until however long it takes me to get unstuck, but as late as 11pm.All times pacific. I play most days.
If I use HEM for a 15 day trial, will I be able to keep all those hands I play in both my PT2 and new HEM database?
I just set PT2 to move the HHs and tell HEM to leave them. Run HEM while I'm playing and later go to PT and import them.Apparently there is a way to export the HHs from PT so that you can re-import them into HEM/PEV but it looks like a real pain in the ass so I'll wait until I actually purchase HEM or PEV or PT3.
The problem is that this thread is now bigger and more populated than the NL strat forum, and tbh I think it's a step backwards in many ways. There are some great posters and players here, and that talent gets diluted in the mess of beats and brags (and more than a little variance).
Not to mention to various off track discussions. Like who really gives a damn about the Cubs.But this isn't a strat thread exactly and it's certainly more amusing than your average NL strat thread. I just wish that I'd occasionally get a response when I posted a hand in here for comment. Sometimes I think there's a lot more writing in the thread than reading.
Nice!So, while we're talking about HU:I was watching cwik play the other day and I realized that I win so many pots without showdown because I c-bet TONS of hands on the flop. I watched him play and he considered (although ultimately bet) checking back with A8 on J86 with a FD because he had "showdown value" and I thought to myself, would I ever check there? HELL NO! I wouldn't really even consider it unless my opponent had been c/ring the living crap out of me or otherwise forcing me to change what I'd been doing. I don't care about showdown value. I don't want to get to showdown against most people. I want them to have to consider that my flop bet means I have air, middle pair, top pair, a set, the nuts or a draw. I want them to make decisions so I don't have to (other than how quickly and how much to bet or raise). I think that I kind of realized that the major difference between the two of our styles is that when he makes a hand, he tries to show it down. When I make a hand, I play it like I play all of my other hands, the vast majority of which would be playing the board when we get to showdown. That's not to say that I don't check back flops against certain opponents, but it's not often with the whole mentality of "I'd like to show this down" or "I don't want to get raised here" as much as it is to keep him guessing as to what my hand ranges are.
I feel like I play similar in that respect, I almost never check the flop when I flop any pair because in general I'm not playing people who are check raising a lot.. I'm usually betting 2 or 3 streets for value with A8 on that flop... For discussion purposes here is my EV graph just from 1/2nlHU since February.2361153610082508277S600x600Q85.jpg

Also a few random PokerEV questions.. Say I have A8 flop comes J 8 2 with two diamonds I bet the flop get called turn is small blank I bet and get called and river completes flush and my opponent pots it and I fold. The money that I bet preflop, flop and turn does that all get deducted from my non-showdown winnings?

No he doesn't.
I don't but I don't think its a leak in my game although I guess it could be.. a few things contribute to this I think if I understand things properly (which I may not). 1. The majority of people I have played during this stretch of hands have been crazy euro donks which has lead to me playing a lot of showdown poker and letting them go crazy and bluff. 2. Almost all of the big pots I win involve me betting 3 streets for value with the last bet being all in on the river. After looking over a lot of my hand histories I very rarely get it all in on the flop. 3. I play a lot of shortstacks so there isn't usually a ton of room for me to double and triple barrel as a bluff so most of my hands are being played strictly to pick up the pot on the flop or to get to showdown for their short stack. Simo, lemme know if I'm off base on these things or if there is any way to verify my thoughts.
Also a few random PokerEV questions.. Say I have A8 flop comes J 8 2 with two diamonds I bet the flop get called turn is small blank I bet and get called and river completes flush and my opponent pots it and I fold. The money that I bet preflop, flop and turn does that all get deducted from my non-showdown winnings?
Did it go to showdown? Did you lose money?Answer your question? :club:
I don't but I don't think its a leak in my game although I guess it could be.. a few things contribute to this I think if I understand things properly (which I may not). 1. The majority of people I have played during this stretch of hands have been crazy euro donks which has lead to me playing a lot of showdown poker and letting them go crazy and bluff. 2. Almost all of the big pots I win involve me betting 3 streets for value with the last bet being all in on the river. After looking over a lot of my hand histories I very rarely get it all in on the flop. 3. I play a lot of shortstacks so there isn't usually a ton of room for me to double and triple barrel as a bluff so most of my hands are being played strictly to pick up the pot on the flop or to get to showdown for their short stack. Simo, lemme know if I'm off base on these things or if there is any way to verify my thoughts.
You are virtually break even in the non-SD pots recently. I mean, it's not like your green line is really diverging from your blue line. They kind of separated but haven't gotten any farther apart lately.
QFT. I'm 100% going to work out today though. 100%!!!!
But this isn't a strat thread exactly and it's certainly more amusing than your average NL strat thread. I just wish that I'd occasionally get a response when I posted a hand in here for comment. Sometimes I think there's a lot more writing in the thread than reading.
I promise to comment on the next hand you post that I see. But I do in general just skip over the HHs because I like this thread more because of the funny stuff posted.Mark
Did it go to showdown? Did you lose money?Answer your question? :club:
LOL just wasn't sure if it only counted the times that I won money without showdown without subtracting the times that I lost money without showdown. I'm slow with these things.. maybe I should just stick to running like god and not worry about this stuff lol

How come there's no smaller stakes HU than .25/.5 - is the rake too much of a killer at micro levels?

QFT. I'm 100% going to work out today though. 100%!!!!I promise to comment on the next hand you post that I see. But I do in general just skip over the HHs because I like this thread more because I was the one that actually did the challenge. ChuckSty who??? Biatch!!!!Mark
FYP