New Challenge (old Challenge)

I need help, I was late because I was on the phone and I actually said "Sorry I'm late, I'm a calling station and couldn't find the hang-up button."This is when I know it's been too long since I've last played (almost 48 hours, being underrolled for everything sucks)

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I need help, I was late because I was on the phone and I actually said "Sorry I'm late, I'm a calling station and couldn't find the hang-up button."This is when I know it's been too long since I've last played (almost 48 hours, being underrolled for everything sucks)
wat

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($36.45)UTG ($44.20)MP ($42.80)Button ($25)SB ($34.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25. Hero raises to $1, UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold.Flop: ($3.25) 8club.gif, 7spade.gif, 7diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $2.5, UTG folds, Button calls $2.50.Turn: ($8.25) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5.5, Hero calls $5.50.River: ($19.25) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $16 (All-In), Hero ????No stats, only villains 3rd hand.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($36.45)UTG ($44.20)MP ($42.80)Button ($25)SB ($34.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25. Hero raises to $1, UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold.Flop: ($3.25) 8club.gif, 7spade.gif, 7diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $2.5, UTG folds, Button calls $2.50.Turn: ($8.25) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5.5, Hero calls $5.50.River: ($19.25) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $16 (All-In), Hero ????No stats, only villains 3rd hand.
instafistpumpcall?
The problem on the flop here is that there's nothing he can legitimately be bluffing. If he had 9T, he wouldn't fire turn and river. If he had 89, he'd probably slow down as well? Would he play TT/JJ this way? 7x is logical, as are 88, 56, and even 99. I think I might find a fold if villain is decent.
The problem on the flop here is that there's nothing he can legitimately be bluffing. If he had 9T, he wouldn't fire turn and river. If he had 89, he'd probably slow down as well? Would he play TT/JJ this way? 7x is logical, as are 88, 56, and even 99. I think I might find a fold if villain is decent.
Exactly my thoughts. IDK if villain is decent or not tho as this is only his third hand.
Exactly my thoughts. IDK if villain is decent or not tho as this is only his third hand.
The main reason I probably can't find a fold in practice though is that most people are idiots and float overs and spaz bluff when people check to them and they miss.
The main reason I probably can't find a fold in practice though is that most people are idiots and float overs and spaz bluff when people check to them and they miss.
Exactly. I think this is some stupid float/bluff or TT/JJ enough that we have to call against an unknown.
I'm still a little lost as to how to adjust post flop play correctly at the moment :club: - I think that's what i'm gonna try and work on the most.Which stats in PT tend to define calling stations?
I pretty much turn into a station when I want to play a small pot against bad players, because the love to minraise and "valuebet" small.

Just played a small session, and was never as satisfied with my play ever. Up about 1.5 BI :)Bull, the discussion you had back when you started 10NL 6max is AWESOME. I really enjoyed reading it, and I think it also helped me spot a few leaks in my game. The things, like rarely calling pf, almost always cbetting, giving up a lot of handswhen you face aggression from a player w/o a read etc. are really helpful. Thanks for linking back again :)Just a couple of linechecks now...This is a standard snapcall, right?UTG ($15.05)MP ($3.25)CO ($23)Button ($18.88)SB ($21.17)Hero ($11)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D, :icon_clap:. 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $0.9, MP folds, SB raises to $20.77Final Pot: $21.90----------------------------------------------How's my line here? In general my AF on the turn is a lot lower than on the flop and river, this is probably because I check for pot control a lot. This hand is a good example, I didn't wanna bet and fold to a reraise...standard? Villain was running 48.5/12.5/0.6 fwiwHero ($10.75)MP ($3.50)Button ($14.18)SB ($1.11)BB ($33.94)Preflop: Hero is UTG with :4h, :ts. Hero raises to $0.35, 3 folds, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.75) :icon_clap:, :icon_clap:, :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.55, BB raises to $1.3, Hero calls $0.75.Turn: ($3.35) :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($3.35) :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB folds.Final Pot: $3.35--------------------------------------3bet preflop? Reason not to was the UTG raise from an unknown player...How's the flop?Hero ($10)SB ($5.18)BB ($4)UTG ($13.49)MP ($1.21)CO ($29.18)Preflop: Hero is Button with :D, :5c. UTG raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds.Flop: ($0.85) :D, :3h, :D(2 players)UTG bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG raises to $11.7, Hero folds.Final Pot: $2.35Afterwards he claimed that he had AKdd, didn't really belive him though :club:

Also, Acid and I have the same phenomenon where we're running bad (or in his case, slightly above expectation) overall, but running really, really well in All In EV. Anyone have any idea why that might be the case?
I'm fairly certain that it's not really a product of anything other than running kind of bad in the sense that we get people to misinterpret our hand ranges/hand strength and we get them to call bets without the proper odds to outdraw us, and then they do, but fail to extract enough money to have made their earlier calls correct.As for being up huge in All-In luck, well, we're just awesome!!! :club:
Bull, the discussion you had back when you started 10NL 6max is AWESOME. I really enjoyed reading it, and I think it also helped me spot a few leaks in my game. The things, like rarely calling pf, almost always cbetting, giving up a lot of handswhen you face aggression from a player w/o a read etc. are really helpful. Thanks for linking back again :club:
No problemo.Hand 1: InstafistpumpcallHand 2: IPITS most of the timeHand 3: I 3bet it pre at 10NL. Fold to a 4bet or shove depending on the player. AK is a very good possibility for his hand. Being an unknown player is precisely the reason I 3bet it. At 10NL keep betting until they give you a reason not to.

Just finished a five hour 10NL session where I was down all night but grinded my way back to even.I started off 2 tabling since I had some moderate success doing so the night before but I just wasn't focusing and kept making sloppy plays so I switched back to 1 table half way trough the session and definitely felt like I started playing better after that.Here's tonight's graph:721.pngyea pretty much quit after getting back to even cause I'm super tired.

And a hand that came up tonight. I just seem to keep hitting these spots where I have a hand like 88-JJ and someone shoves their stack into like a a .50c pot.Villain was running at 26/13/1.3 over 50 hands.I'm new with PT3 stats so I don't know how these numbers factor into my decision.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 ($8.05)CO ($9.85)Button ($11.75)SB ($9.25)BB ($9.45)Hero ($23.30)UTG+1 ($10.60)MP1 ($10.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif. Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $8.05, 4 folds, Hero??

I don't have it on PT reports - What's a slantsky buck?
It's essentially internet monayyySklansky bucks/dollars are theoretical money won or lost based on the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.Pretty much, how much your expected value.
I don't have it on PT reports - What's a slantsky buck?
You get allin with AA against KK preflop for $100 each.You should win $200 80% of the time, and win $0 20% of the time. Overall, that's an expectation of $200 x 0.8 = $160.We can say you made $60 in Sklansky dollars. Your expected earnings are $60.If you lose the pot, you ran $160 below expectation (lost 100, should have made 60), and if you win the pot you ran $40 above expectation (should have won 60, actually won 100).
It's essentially internet monayyySklansky bucks/dollars are theoretical money won or lost based on the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.Pretty much, how much you're expected value.
Yes.Say you get it AIPF for $50 with AA vs KK. The pot is $100 and you will roughly win 80% of the time.Regardless of the outcome, you've made $80 Sklansky dollars because you got your money in as an 80% favorite in a $100 pot (.8x100 obv)In reality, you either win a $100 pot when your hand holds up or lost $100 when the guy with KK sucks out on you.Sklansky Bucks basically let you keep score of how well you're playing without being results oriented.
You get allin with AA against KK preflop for $100 each.You should win $200 80% of the time, and win $0 20% of the time. Overall, that's an expectation of $200 x 0.8 = $160.We can say you made $60 in Sklansky dollars. Your expected earnings are $60.If you lose the pot, you ran $160 below expectation (lost 100, should have made 60), and if you win the pot you ran $40 above expectation (should have won 60, actually won 100).
I love how you not only beat me to it, but independantly wrote up almost the exact same description as I did and even chose the same hands.
It's essentially internet monayyySklansky bucks/dollars are theoretical money won or lost based on the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.Pretty much, how much your expected value.
Yes.Say you get it AIPF for $50 with AA vs KK. The pot is $100 and you will roughly win 80% of the time.Regardless of the outcome, you've made $80 Sklansky dollars because you got your money in as an 80% favorite in a $100 pot (.8x100 obv)In reality, you either win a $100 pot when your hand holds up or lost $100 when the guy with KK sucks out on you.Sklansky Bucks basically let you keep score of how well you're playing without being results oriented.
This is really good guys, but he asked what is a slantsky buck.
This is really good guys, but he asked what is a slantsky buck.
Well spotted - I was indeed referring to a rare kind of Deer.Cheers for the explanation, makes good sense, would be interested to see what mine should beSeems kind of weak if it only calc's AA against KK tho :club:
Well spotted - I was indeed referring to a rare kind of Deer.Cheers for the explanation, makes good sense, would be interested to see what mine should beSeems kind of weak if it only calc's AA against KK tho :ts
Or they were being a rare kind of ass. :club:P7030579.jpg

Thoughts? Fairly early in the match and I have no previous data on himFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($51.55)Hero ($58.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with 5spade.gif, 6spade.gif. Button raises to $1.5, Hero raises to $5.5, Button calls $4.Flop: ($11.25) 7spade.gif, 8heart.gif, Aheart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6.5, Button calls $6.50.Turn: ($24.25) Kspade.gif(2 players)Hero ???