**official Mma Thread**

Tyson still can't finish anyone and he wasn't really trying to either. Aurelio just doesn't have good striking or takedowns and doesn't have very good athleticism either. He had a real nice guard, but Griffin was being smart and being very passive when he did get in his guard and didn't allow himself to get caught in anything.
Post fight Griffin even made the comment Aurelio had never been finished so he didn't want to tire himself out trying. He's not endearing himself to geting a chance at the title. If anything, his chance is less now.
Overall, it was one of the most boring cards ever, so hopefully the next one is much better.
Certainly the biggest let down for me in recent memoryThis card did nothing to get me excited about future match-ups in MW or LW divsion
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I thought Forrest won, but it was just barely. I think it was mostly because he was the aggressor and way more active. Rampage landed bigger, harder shots, but there were just so few of them... He was basically waiting for Forrest to come in close enough and then land a little combo and repeat. I think the judges must have deferred to the part of the rules about 'octagon control'.I think Forrest thought he lost also as soon as he heard it was unanimous. It looked like if they said it was split, then he felt good about it, but when he heard those scores, he thought he lost for sure. Closest fight I've ever seen though I think. The rest were a borefest though.

I just read about the undercard. It seemed pretty explosive. Too bad they didn't have time to show any of those fights. Or maybe they did, I don't know. I left immediately after the main event.

Well I got crushed on this UFC card. I really don't even want to give my thoughts. I will tell you who I bet on though.-Rampage-Almeida-Aurellio-Stevenson-LytleFirst time in history I have lost on a card. Not sure what to make of it. Very depressing.

Nothing really worth betting on this card imo. If I was to put a lot of money on one thing, it would probably be Stevenson. I think Cote will beat Almeida. Almeida looked good in his first fight back against a chump, but I think Cote will be too much for him right now. It will be Cote circling and staying off the ground, grinding out a boring decision. Gurgel might be a good bet, but sometimes it seems the guy doesn't show up. Miller doesn't impress me at all though.
I guess I was the only guy who thought Cote would win :)I should have bet this card though. I had pretty much everything but the main event and the Miller/Gurgel fight right. Not that great of a card though compared to some of the recent ones.
I think Forrest thought he lost also as soon as he heard it was unanimous. It looked like if they said it was split, then he felt good about it, but when he heard those scores, he thought he lost for sure. Closest fight I've ever seen though I think. The rest were a borefest though.
It could have been the opposite. I think Forrest thought he won, but couldn't believe he won by that much. He thought it should have been scored closer than it was.
Well I got crushed on this UFC card. I really don't even want to give my thoughts. I will tell you who I bet on though.-Rampage-Almeida-Aurellio-Stevenson-LytleFirst time in history I have lost on a card. Not sure what to make of it. Very depressing.
Did anyone win on this card? No one that I know of. However, two of those fights easily could have gone the other way.
Did anyone win on this card? No one that I know of. However, two of those fights easily could have gone the other way.
Not me. If I may say, I only had 2 fights until reading Performity and then laid my biggest bet on Almeida, sealing my loss. Otherwise, bets on Forrest and Lytle put me in the green
I think Forrest thought he lost also as soon as he heard it was unanimous. It looked like if they said it was split, then he felt good about it, but when he heard those scores, he thought he lost for sure. Closest fight I've ever seen though I think. The rest were a borefest though.
It should have been obvious to both of them (it was to Rampage) after hearing the first score of 48-46 and no name after, that Forrest had at worst, gained a majority draw.

I still hate Koshchek. At least he did turn it on later in the fight and make it interesting. But all I can remember of him is taking people down and humping them for 10-15 minutes. I'm sure i'll never like him. Side note: he didn't throw a punch until 1:40 into the fight (1 kick)...just backpeddled the whole time. God that was frustrating. W00t Forrest. I still say Round was easily 10-8. Rampage did nothing. Rules quote: 1. A round is to be scored as a 10-10 Round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;2. A round is to be scored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.I simply would not call that round a close margin. Whether the strikes all connected and were devastating or not.

I still hate Koshchek. At least he did turn it on later in the fight and make it interesting. But all I can remember of him is taking people down and humping them for 10-15 minutes. I'm sure i'll never like him. Side note: he didn't throw a punch until 1:40 into the fight (1 kick)...just backpeddled the whole time. God that was frustrating. W00t Forrest. I still say Round was easily 10-8. Rampage did nothing. Rules quote: 1. A round is to be scored as a 10-10 Round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;2. A round is to bescored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a close margin landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.I simply would not call that round a close margin. Whether the strikes all connected and were devastating or not.
This is what separates my view on it. Yes Forrest was on top and clearly the round was his but I recall Rampage defending pretty much everything from the bottom and don't recall many if any damage being done from Forrest. Perhaps I'll change my opinion on it when I see it again though. At the end of the day the word is that the judges giving round three to Forrest was the difference maker more than anything.
This is what separates my view on it. Yes Forrest was on top and clearly the round was his but I recall Rampage defending pretty much everything from the bottom and don't recall many if any damage being done from Forrest. Perhaps I'll change my opinion on it when I see it again though. At the end of the day the word is that the judges giving round three to Forrest was the difference maker more than anything.
I think the difference for Round 2 was this and Rampage stated it in his post fight he was resting his leg.. Rampage at no time while on his back improved his position, nor did he make it back to his feet. Forrest was working enough even if it didnt do damage to not warrant a ref standing them up so in the judges eyes he was in control and won the round. If Rampage got back to his feet or worked more from the bottom, elbows, submission, or even bear hug forrest for a stand up the round could have gone to him and maybe alter the outcome of the fight.

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILER FOR ME AT 86i thought the ME was really solid fightRampage def won round 1, but I think..based solely on his recovery, that the initial shot rampage dropped forrest with in the 1st really wasnt all that it seemed...Round 2 was a forrest round for sure, and in my opinion..even before the mount, forrest was winning the round..the round simply solidified the round in his favor, and I gave it to him 10-8I think Rampage wins round 3, but only because he did more damage, and I could definitely see judges scoring it a tie.Round 4 was up in the air for me, Forrest had rampage in that triangle, and while I havent seen a good replay of it...appeared to have it locked in pretty tight. Rampage seemed pretty slow to posture up for the slam, and even when he finally did find the strength to slam him, forrest was able to release and avoid it. Rampage was on top for a bit after that so I could see it going to Rampage, but I really wonder how close Rampage was to tapping in that spot. Knowing him, he likely wasnt going to tap..but it seemed like he was def feeling its effect for a short time after.Round 5 went to forrest for me, Rampage really didnt do much in the way of offense and I felt like Forrest landed some strikes, although they were pretty weak and didnt do much damage.

is grappling not groundwork? In my opinion, forrest outstruck rampage in rd.2 before the fight went to the ground, and clearly got himself in a dominant position for nearly 3 full minutes to close the round...How is that not an overwhelmingly dominant grappling performance. I'm aware that forrest didnt land anything big from the mount, but it could definitely go 10-8 from a judges point of view based on the factors everyone has listed.
I think the difference for Round 2 was this and Rampage stated it in his post fight he was resting his leg.. Rampage at no time while on his back improved his position, nor did he make it back to his feet. Forrest was working enough even if it didnt do damage to not warrant a ref standing them up so in the judges eyes he was in control and won the round. If Rampage got back to his feet or worked more from the bottom, elbows, submission, or even bear hug forrest for a stand up the round could have gone to him and maybe alter the outcome of the fight.
Bingo...resting and not even TRYING to get to his feet or fight back. He literally just laid there trying to avoid big damage. I think with a little time left in the round he finally threw his hips up in a futile attempt to get Forrest off, but that was the first sign of life he had shown in minutes. I do believe Rampage's trainer also said he'd retire if Forrest beat Rampage (in the hype show). Add that in with the "i'll give him my purse if it goes the distance" and we've got a couple of overconfident people who probably should've kept their mouths shut!
I do believe Rampage's trainer also said he'd retire if Forrest beat Rampage (in the hype show). Add that in with the "i'll give him my purse if it goes the distance" and we've got a couple of overconfident people who probably should've kept their mouths shut!
If your stepping in a cage to fight and your not confident, then you have no business being there in the first place.
If your stepping in a cage to fight and your not confident, then you have no business being there in the first place.
Duhhh - I didn't say don't be confident. But don't offer up your purse and say you will retire when neither of you have the least bit of intention of following through with it. That's just gay.
Duhhh - I didn't say don't be confident. But don't offer up your purse and say you will retire when neither of you have the least bit of intention of following through with it. That's just gay.
Rampage said it the heat of the moment he'd bet his purse that it wouldn't go to the judges who knows if he never intended to follow through with it. Forrest never said "okay let's bet". As for the second round I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong and really need to see it again. While the round was clearly Forrest's; Rampage actively defended himself, nullified any damage continually locked him up but after I see it again I may have a different take it is all kind of subjective.
Rampage said it the heat of the moment he'd bet his purse that it wouldn't go to the judges who knows if he never intended to follow through with it. Forrest never said "okay let's bet". As for the second round I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong and really need to see it again. While the round was clearly Forrest's; Rampage actively defended himself, nullified any damage continually locked him up but after I see it again I may have a different take it is all kind of subjective.
Yea so? I didn't say they made a bet and he should pay it. I said they woulda been better off keeping their mouth shut in those instances. Reading comprehension FTW.
Yea so? I didn't say they made a bet and he should pay it. I said they woulda been better off keeping their mouth shut in those instances. Reading comprehension FTW.
And if they didn't trash talk at all then they wouldn't be doing the job promoting the fight.
And if they didn't trash talk at all then they wouldn't be doing the job promoting the fight.
I definitely don't mind the trash talking, part of the game, hypes it up. Your statement is obviously true, if they aren't confident they will win they shouldn't be in there. But you have to draw the line somewhere. Making wacky statements about i'll do this i'll do that is retarded if you are just running your mouth for the hell of it.
I definitely don't mind the trash talking, part of the game, hypes it up. Your statement is obviously true, if they aren't confident they will win they shouldn't be in there. But you have to draw the line somewhere. Making wacky statements about i'll do this i'll do that is retarded if you are just running your mouth for the hell of it.
And taking what they say in the heat of the moment (I'll bet my purse on it) as a statement of fact is just silly. You know he was pissed over his fighter losing that decision, he is competitive and didn't take the loss very well. Not to mention if Forrest didn't have one hell of a chin Rampage is right, at least 2 or 3 shots he landed knock out most fighters.
And taking what they say in the heat of the moment (I'll bet my purse on it) as a statement of fact is just silly. You know he was pissed over his fighter losing that decision, he is competitive and didn't take the loss very well. Not to mention if Forrest didn't have one hell of a chin Rampage is right, at least 2 or 3 shots he landed knock out most fighters.
Okay well again you have a reading comprehension problem. So we'll just agree to disagree.
Okay well again you have a reading comprehension problem. So we'll just agree to disagree.
Maybe you should explain yourself more clearly then. I just reread our posts and I can't for the life of me figure out what your talking about other than some apparent dislike of Rampage and his trainer and you have some need to rub a questionable loss in their face like they are reading this.Meh... there will be a rematch, if Rampage wins probably a third fight too.

I don't dislike either of them - all I said and think is that statements like the one they made are a little bit ridiculous and far fetched. I can certainly accept the 'heat of the moment' argument and I don't dislike them for the comments. I just bet they wish they didn't fly off the cuff with those statements. It feels like WWE when people throw stuff like that around.

I don't dislike either of them - all I said and think is that statements like the one they made are a little bit ridiculous and far fetched. I can certainly accept the 'heat of the moment' argument and I don't dislike them for the comments. I just bet they wish they didn't fly off the cuff with those statements. It feels like WWE when people throw stuff like that around.
It's not a reading comprehenision issue fwiw I've been reading most of my life. I see your point but think this fight had far less of the pre fight verbal jarring than most. Rampage said what he said in the heat of the moment and even then it was far from an outlandish ego driven statement. Even his trainer was pretty respectful with his comments saying something along the lines of liking Forrest and thinking he's a great fighter but feeling like Rampage would keep the title for a long time to come. I would be very surprised if either of them had even a moment of regret for their statements after the fight.Either way as fight fans we should all be pleased at the likely hood of the rematch down the line.
They were both really respectful to each other during and after the fight and I don't think there was the same level of fake hatred you see between a lot of the fighters in the main events which seems more WWEish to me. I think that's why those comments got so much play. In the prefight interviews they were showing I thought both of them were hilarious.