**official Mma Thread**

Should be some good fights tonight. Got Volkmann +400 when it came out, so when line changed so much bet Thiago so now freerolling him. And Caol Uno opened -600 and is now -170. Sotiropoulus opened at -280 and is now -650. Some laziness on Bodog's part I assume. I don't think they will be the first ones to open the prelims again for quite a while...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I'm excited for tonights card. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Tito fanboy as sad as it seems. I really do hope he comes back and can make a charge at competing with the best in LHW. I'm not expecting much from him though. I see him losing on points tonight.

I don't hate Tito. He sells fights and all. I just don't think he's nearly as competitive now as he was. Forrest should be able to keep it on the feet and win an entertaining slugfest, but who really knows.Nog/Cane is still being overlooked. I love this fight.

Tito/Forrest was fun, but all the 'I was so hurt' bs is old. Wouldn't mind them being TUF 11 coaches, tbh.Kos looked good on the ground, but he still seemed to want to stand and only shot there when he was getting torn up standing. Why in the blue hell was Phil Baroni brought back to the UFC?

Tito/Forrest was fun, but all the 'I was so hurt' bs is old. Wouldn't mind them being TUF 11 coaches, tbh.Kos looked good on the ground, but he still seemed to want to stand and only shot there when he was getting torn up standing. Why in the blue hell was Phil Baroni brought back to the UFC?
to get beat up. He looks good in his shortsYeah, you can't play that "I'm hurt" card, even if it's true. Kos, I'm not sure what he was doing with that eye/knee thing. He seemed to be winking the wrong eye and the knee missed.
Missed this card my first in a long time. How did Amir look? Suprised little Nog dispatched Cane so quick.
Amir looked great, but I think it's somewhat misleading, as Baroni just stood there and took shots from him for 3 rounds. Amir picked him completely apart, though. Ditto on the lil Nog fight.

Lil Nog went nuts, looked really good.Amir, yeah, Baroni landed some good shots first few moments, but after that it was all over, Baroni could do nothing. I mean, you can say he came in to job and make Amir look good but, who the hell looks at a Baroni win now as a real win?

great fights on saturday, was very happy forrest won, dont like kos so was dissapointed he won but after crying about a fake poke/knee to the wrong eye made my hate for him grow, little nog was expecting the win but not in that fashion, amir vs baroni was an easy win for amir, did anyone watch the wec wed. so how about aldo kids a beast at 22

great fights on saturday, was very happy forrest won, dont like kos so was dissapointed he won but after crying about a fake poke/knee to the wrong eye made my hate for him grow, little nog was expecting the win but not in that fashion, amir vs baroni was an easy win for amir, did anyone watch the wec wed. so how about aldo kids a beast at 22
rewatch... pretty sure the poke was before the knee or the open hand after the knee.
rewatch... pretty sure the poke was before the knee or the open hand after the knee.
yeah i just did after somebody pointed that out to me earlier today, either way my hate for kos still lives on
LOL at Tito and his cracked skull and bulging disk receiving no medical suspension. Forrest is suspended up to 6 months with a broken foot.
LOL at Tito and his cracked skull and bulging disk receiving no medical suspension. Forrest is suspended up to 6 months with a broken foot.
He was cleared before the fight... if it was a big enough issue he wouldn't have been able to fight. And a cracked skull there... the skull is so think... that means swelling, nothing more. Bulging disk and yet he's begging to coach TUF and isn't getting fixed. Just a complainer.

Watched the Griffin/Ortiz,Nog/Cane and Sadollah/Baroni fight so far. Not so hungry for an immediate rematch of Ortiz/Griffin but something that can maybe happen a little down the road. Forrest is still a contender at lhw and Tito is not. I would hate to see a year passing by for Forrest with only a third Ortiz match to show for it. As for Ortiz I think maybe Jardine or maybe Rich Franklin two fighters in his same position at lhw. Maybe the winner of Hammil Jones for Forrest. Amir looked great even though he really hasnt improved on his striking defencs since TUF. Good news for him is he has always been able to take some shots and recover. Baroni was a good target for Amirs Muay Thai. Still is pretty raw but I have really been a fan of him since TUF. He needs baby steps, maybe a rematch with Hendricks.

UFC 106 was a good event. Tito did very well, especially since he could not have been 100%. The only reasons why he didn't fight at all in the 3rd was either injury or he got paid off to let Forrest win. I'm surprised the Marcus Davis fight has not been talked about more, he was definitely outclassed. He could not really handle the size difference and it cost him.

It's quite something to see the change in Forrest Griffin's mood and general outlook on life from his first interview after his loss to Anderson Silva, to immediately after his win over Tito Ortiz at the weekend. This article includes a new video interview Griffin did with Dave Farra after his fight at the weekend, and one with Farra after UFC 101 to help compare the difference in his mood! I copied it from here: http://www.fightofthenight.com/featured/wh...riffin-is-back/========================================What a difference a win can have on a fighter, particularly one as emotionally charged as Forrest Griffin.The jaded, world-weary version of Griffin that emerged after Anderson Silva humbled him at UFC 101 surprised many fans who were used to seeing a completely different side to the star. He left them in no doubt that he had taken the defeat very personally and that it had left a serious dent in his self-confidence and general outlook on life.One man who knew how to get the fighter out of his depression was UFC president Dana White.“When these guys lose, you gotta get back on the horse. Especially Forrest. Forrest is a real emotional guy, and he didn’t take that loss easily. He wasn’t Forrest after that fight, and I think it’s better to jump right back in there and fight again rather than sit around and commiserate until you fight again,” White told reporters ahead of his next fight some three and a half months later.He would prove to be right. After Griffin avenged an old loss to former champion Tito Ortiz in the main event of last weekend’s UFC 106 event, the relief and renewed confidence gained from getting back to winning ways was plain for all to see.How long that lasts may very well depend on how long he can maintain his winning form, but for the mean time it appears that a demon had been exorcised and the old Forrest Griffin is back.Don’t take my word for it though. Watch the first interview Griffin gave after his loss to Silva at UFC 101 below, and then contrast it with a new interview, again with Dave Farra for mma30.com, on the night of his victory at UFC 106.—A few weeks after his loss at UFC 101 in August:

A few hours after his win at UFC 106 in November:

Interesting rumours floating around about Shane McMahon buying into the company. As much as his name being attached may cause some backlash from an international marketing perspective this could give them a big boost globally.

Interesting rumours floating around about Shane McMahon buying into the company. As much as his name being attached may cause some backlash from an international marketing perspective this could give them a big boost globally.
My first reaction to hearing this a couple of weeks ago I was like no way you want him involved. But hearing about how he has been key in the global expansion of WWE behind the scenes he might be right for the company in a behind the scenes roll. Apparently he wanted his dad to buy Pride when it was on the block but Vince wanted no part of MMA. If he invests a signifigant chunk of his net worth as rumoured he will highly motivated to see the UFC succeed long term. I am curious to see the valuation of the UFC.
My first reaction to hearing this a couple of weeks ago I was like no way you want him involved. But hearing about how he has been key in the global expansion of WWE behind the scenes he might be right for the company in a behind the scenes roll. Apparently he wanted his dad to buy Pride when it was on the block but Vince wanted no part of MMA. If he invests a signifigant chunk of his net worth as rumoured he will highly motivated to see the UFC succeed long term. I am curious to see the valuation of the UFC.
Apparently he had also wanted to buy the UFC years ago when Dana and the brothers were looking into and Vince talked him out of it. Dana also met with Carl Demarco last week used to be the President of WWE canada both he and Shane have been touted as the ones that negotiated most of WWE international TV and merch deals over the last decade.

Well since this is a poker forum I will ask. Has anyone signed up for the UFC poker room? They say 100k a month in cash and prizes. Could be some soft tourneys and some trips to UFC events are apprently available. Just wondering about field sizes and stuff to see if its worth a shot.

Well since this is a poker forum I will ask. Has anyone signed up for the UFC poker room? They say 100k a month in cash and prizes. Could be some soft tourneys and some trips to UFC events are apprently available. Just wondering about field sizes and stuff to see if its worth a shot.
I signed up the other week to play in their bounty tourney. (At table with Dana get it all in with him while ahead and get over called by KK- booo). Software is a little lame but from the little I've seen the play is very soft. The prizes etc look ok but the play will be like typical freerolls i assume.