**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Mir/Carwin for 111 for interm title. Card already announced a GSP/Hardy match up so if it holds true 2 title fights on 1 card. And if Mir becomes champ do you think Lesnar if he comes back immediatly fights Mir again????

Mir/Carwin for 111 for interm title. Card already announced a GSP/Hardy match up so if it holds true 2 title fights on 1 card. And if Mir becomes champ do you think Lesnar if he comes back immediatly fights Mir again????
Some suggested that Mir not fight until Lesnar comes back and go to straight to Lesnar/Mir III, because they could build that up as the biggest PPV ever for UFC. They're afraid that that could be derailed for a while if Mir loses to say Carwin/Velasquez/Nogueira/Dos Santos, etc.For what's it worth, I'm glad Mir is fighting Carwin.
Some suggested that Mir not fight until Lesnar comes back and go to straight to Lesnar/Mir III, because they could build that up as the biggest PPV ever for UFC. They're afraid that that could be derailed for a while if Mir loses to say Carwin/Velasquez/Nogueira/Dos Santos, etc.For what's it worth, I'm glad Mir is fighting Carwin.
I am glad they arent holding up the title waiting/hoping for Brock to return. Personally I think it should be the winner of Nog/Cain vs the winner of Carwin Mir for the title but again the title is tied up for months and would not have been contested for a year by then. If Mir wins(I would take him right now only based on more to go on) It does kinda look a little shitty concidering how badly he was beaten by the champ that never lost the belt. I actually have no intrest in Lesnar/Mir 3 unless Mir can get a streak going here and beat more than just Carwin.Oh man I hope Jones kills Vera.

The Jones/Vera fight will be on the first Versus UFC card.I like the Mir/Carwin fight being for the title because it'll be five rounds. The winner can still fight the Cain/Nog winner if Brock isn't back in time. I hope Brock takes his time getting back, because he's going to be thrown in with the ebst in the word right when he gets back.

The Jones/Vera fight will be on the first Versus UFC card.I like the Mir/Carwin fight being for the title because it'll be five rounds. The winner can still fight the Cain/Nog winner if Brock isn't back in time. I hope Brock takes his time getting back, because he's going to be thrown in with the ebst in the word right when he gets back.
I hope Jones takes the fight to that passive ass Vera. Also, Directv needs to figure some shit out with Versus. I used to really enjoy watching the WEC cards and they fcked me out of that Cerrone/Henderson fight and this fight this weekend. also, Carwin has never been in the 2nd round so I wouldn't be too concerned with it going 5

Dana White's war on Mazzagatti continues. And he again wraps it up by praising Herb Dean (like he did in press conf. following 107). From his twitter:moron mazzagatti strikes again. Did you see the visher vs buck fight on WEC? I guess they will let this clueless **** ref till he hurts sum1We have no say what so ever with judges and refs. Kizer from the nsac picks them all. He is the one you have to comlain toCall information and ask for the number to the nevada state athletic comm and ask for keith kizer.Cerrone vs ratcliff!!! Great fight and herb dean is the best ref in the biz(since we are talkin refs)

Smith/Le was fun and whatever, but just doesn't mean anything. Still sour it was main event over Thompson/Melendez. I guess there will be Thompson/Melendez III.I'm losing faith in Coker and SF. With the last minute debacle that was Lawler here, and the Le/Smith ME, and the bad matchmaking for Jacare and King Mo debuts, plus Lashley and Walker on main card next show, and Lashley vs. del Rosario. Shows where they are really in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of intrest in Tomorows card here. Thiago Alves and Jon Fitch have agrred to have a rematch at 111. If that card holds(longshot) its looks fantastic. GSP/Hardy(huge mismatch I know but its always entertaining watching him do his thing), Mir/Carwin and now Alves/Fitch.

Hype quote of the show: "I'm going into the cage to kill or die." -- a melodramatic Thiago Silva, to Sherdog.com's Greg Savage(Silva earned a disclosed $58,000 for an August win over Keith Jardine -- good money, but not the dying kind.)

(Silva earned a disclosed $58,000 for an August win over Keith Jardine -- good money, but not the dying kind.)
Isn't that just their fight purse? Don't they get a lot of extra stuff from sponsors that isn't disclosed?
Isn't that just their fight purse? Don't they get a lot of extra stuff from sponsors that isn't disclosed?
Yea they get bonuses from the UFC too. The main eventers and co main eventers also get a cut of the ppv revenue. Even though it was officially reported as around 250k each the rumour is Brock Lesnar and GSP's final payday for UFC 100 was 4 million a peice. The guys early in the card are ussually fighting for what is reported though.

bought the card because I wanted to see the Main Event because I was positive it wouldn't go three rounds and it was going to be violent. Ummmm, no. Weird. I think Rashad is gun shy after the Machida fight. Thiago had him in the 3rd but gassed. Pity. Overall, it was a very solid card of fights. Lots of finishes. That inverted triange by Cole Miller was pretty sick. Gotta feel good to lock of Sub of the Night early on.Hazelet disappointed me a bit, but hey, my BJJ guys usually do against strikers, a la Maia, Palhares, etc. Arghhhh.Didn't Jake Shields pound out Daley?

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre recently spoke about making a run at the 2012 Olympic Games in freestyle wrestling, here are the highlights…On His Wrestling: "Right now I don't think my wrestling is good enough to be at an Olympic level," St-Pierre said at today's media gathering. "The takedowns that I use for mixed martial arts and the takedowns that are used in Olympic wrestling are totally different. The setup is different. It's a different sport. I'm a good wrestler, but to [compete in the Olympics], I would have to focus on wrestling and dedicate myself 100 percent for a period of time. I would not take my retirement now, but if I decide to do it, I would have to dedicate myself 100 percent I would say for a year-and-a-half or so."On The Negatives: "There is a lot of positive and negative about it," St-Pierre said. "The negative is my income. I won't have as much income as I would if I keep my career. It would diminish dramatically. That's the first thing. The second thing is I would have to give up my title, of course. I would have to stay away from mixed martial arts for at least a year-and-a-half because I need to qualify. People don't realize that to go to the Olympic Games, just going there, is pretty hard. It's not an easy thing. You need to qualify yourself for your country, and even if you qualify yourself for your country, it doesn't mean you're going 100 percent. You need to qualify yourself for the Olympic Games, itself. It's something really, really hard. That's the negative thing."On The Positives: "The positive thing about it is I'm not a poor guy right now," St-Pierre said. "I've got good money, and I'm the kind of person that everything I do in life, it's an experience. I like challenges, and I would not like the fact that when I get older, around 60 years old, I think about it and tell myself, 'Oh, I had the opportunity to do it. Maybe I could have done it. I don't know; I didn't try.' This would make me sad. I don't know if I can do it. It's a challenge. But, it's always behind my head. My life is always about experience. I like to do new experiences. I like challenges. But it's something that I need to sit down and think a little bit more before I make my decision."On Why He Is Doing It: "Even if I try it and don't make it, at least when I get older, I'm going to think about it, and I'm going to tell myself, 'You know what? I gave everything I had, but I didn't make it,'" St-Pierre said. "My mind would be clear. But if I don't try it, when I'm going to be 60 years old and thinking about it, I'll be like, 'Maybe I could have done it, but I'll never know because I never tried it.' I don't like things like that. It already happened before in another situation where I could have done stuff, but I didn't take the opportunity, and now days I always wonder if I could have made it. I don't want to be caught in that situation."On The Decision: "I have a decision to make, but I don't know if I'm ready to do it," St-Pierre said. "I just need to think about it right now. I'm going to have to make my decision pretty soon."Discuss

I think if GSP is still at the top of his game by then he will pass on the olympics. If he is making close 4 mill a fight now thats alot of money he will walk away from to properly prepare.UFC is still apparently talking to M1 about Fedor and Mousassi. Would be awesome but I am not holding my breath. Fedor/Lesnar if at all possible would exceed 2 million buys and be huge on the world stage aswell. MMA's version of Pacquio/Mayweather.

Probally make an example of a few people with some high profile lawsuits but it is way to big to go after everybody. I admit I watch streams on a couple of events a year that I feel are not ppv worthy buts still spent $400+ on events in 2009.