**official Mma Thread**

Looks like Houston has added some wicked leg kicks to his repertoire. I just hope this wouldn't be on the televised card. We'd really be getting ripped of a fight because you know this one could be one of the fill in's.
I think it will be deffinatly be televised and wouldnt be suprised if the card gets a million buys because of it.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

This show is really making Rampage look bad. What a shitty coach. If I was Dana White I'd seriously kick his ass off mid-season. I don't want to see one team get dominated the whole season. Most of the fights have sucked ass, the only reason the show is getting viewers is because of Kimbo. The fight tonight was horseshit.

Looks like Houston has added some wicked leg kicks to his repertoire. I just hope this wouldn't be on the televised card. We'd really be getting ripped of a fight because you know this one could be one of the fill in's.
I'm sure it would be televised. But on a PPV it'll open up plenty of time as it never goes out of round one, so it'll make the opportunity for prelims to be aired. I would imagine with Kimbo there it would be a comain or a part of a three fight co-main. Which is so awkward with Alexander being 0-3 in last 3 UFC fights.Edit: With Alexander/Kimbo on 107, either Alan Belcher/Wilson Gouveia or Paul Buentello/Todd Duffee will be thrown on prelims. This puts me on eternal life tilt. Re-edit: Where the **** is Goran Reljic? I know he got hurt but... it's been a year and a half and we haven't heard a thing.

Lyoto Machida wants five fights, then Brock LesnarSaturday, October 17, 2009 | Print EntryPosted by Jake Rossen/Sherdog.comLyoto Machida makes me proud to be a fan and observer of this sport. He's respectful, appreciative and the ignition for the most talked-about platform shift in fighting sports since Royce Gracie began choking out people with his thighs. Tweet, tweetDon't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »Speaking with Sherdog.com's Marcelo Alonso, Machida explained that if he defends his belt five times, he wants an opportunity to face Brock Lesnar."My focus is on my class, but in the future I would like to do a couple of [heavyweight] fights, like Brock Lesnar," Machida said. "I respect Brock Lesnar as a fighter, but I know I can fight with him. Brock Lesnar is a big challenge for me because he's a big guy, very strong, very fast. For me, I like the challenge." Painfully ambitious guy. Lesnar-Machida, if it ever happens, could represent the largest-scale style-versus-style match in the sport's history. There's probably no way Lesnar could tag Machida standing, but I would have a hard time imagining Machida could get out from underneath Lesnar. That's not a character flaw: He couldn't out-grapple a Kodiak bear, either, but I don't hold it against him.Said before but maybe worth repeating: Machida is a new incarnation of Rickson Gracie, a near-mythical fighter whose value comes from a seemingly flawless execution of a house style. Thankfully for fans, Machida is actually interested in fighting.

I wonder how long the UFC can keep him on the sidelines with their shitty contract rules.
Not at all. Them freezing him and waiting till the end of his contract was him doing TUF, that's why he didn't want to do it so bad. He is a free agent now, and could fight in December on the SF card if he signs there. Would still like to see him in the UFC, even if it's at 205.

Some interesting stuff.-Earlier this week, the 104 Countdown show was listed as being on ESPN on Wednesday night, but has since been pulled.-UFN 20 was announced late, and will be on a Monday night.-Monday Night Football ends two weeks before that.Any shot an announcement comes through sometime soon?

Bellator will air live on FSN and delay recap on NBC and Telemundo. Interesting they left ESPN. Could be that better options opened, or that ESPN might have decided to either get rid of MMA or go bigger into MMA (UFC?) Anyway, will be cool to watch live fights every week, even if it is Bellator. http://mmajunkie.com/news/16544/bellator-s...d-telemundo.mma

jon fitch vs thiago alves at ufc 107 this one should be interesting to see if alves has learned anything from the gsp fight
Good fight. If Fitch wins he should get another shot. If Thiago wins he probally has to get another win or 2 before he is there again. If Thiago wins a fight with AJ would be a good #1 contender match up. I think Fitch takes this though.
Good fight. If Fitch wins he should get another shot. If Thiago wins he probally has to get another win or 2 before he is there again. If Thiago wins a fight with AJ would be a good #1 contender match up. I think Fitch takes this though.
yeah im leaning towards fitch to, just cause of his wrestling and the way gsp distroyed alves with his i see fitch doing the same and if fitch does win he probably would get a title shot just because there really isnt anybody else in that weight class that has done much or made much noise

I don't see Fitch beating him like the last fight, but I can see a 3 rd easy decision for him. Fitch can take one hell of a beating, as we saw in the GSP fight. I think he'll just control the fight from the beginning.

I don't think Fitch will have deserved it over the Swick/Hardy winner.
yeah im leaning towards fitch to, just cause of his wrestling and the way gsp distroyed alves with his i see fitch doing the same and if fitch does win he probably would get a title shot just because there really isnt anybody else in that weight class that has done much or made much noise
GSP destroyed Fitch's wrestling as well...This 107 card is nuts... and in Memphis they don't think they are going to sell many tickets, so they are super cheap. $350 for floor.BJ/Diego, Kongo/Mir, Kenny/Guida, Fitch/Alves.
I don't think Fitch will have deserved it over the Swick/Hardy winner. GSP destroyed Fitch's wrestling as well...This 107 card is nuts... and in Memphis they don't think they are going to sell many tickets, so they are super cheap. $350 for floor.BJ/Diego, Kongo/Mir, Kenny/Guida, Fitch/Alves.
No doubt. I`d be all over that card if I was close
I don't think Fitch will have deserved it over the Swick/Hardy winner.
Deffinatly they will get the first shot at GSP. I am thinking mid 2010 for Fitch(if he wins). After Swick/Hardy winner its pretty much rematches for anyone legitimate in the division with the exception of AJ(who still needs a win against a top 3 ww imo).

On Okami tomorrow... Also, lines opened at Forrest -105, 24 hours later already -155, don't see why people like Tito in this at anything better than like +175... and bet Swick at -160 as well.

Anthony Johnson six pounds over, should just go to 185 after this. Pathetic, but not many seem surprised. Kevin Iole says he was ten pounds over a few hours ago. Fight with Yoshida still on.Neer (156.5) and Tibau (157) both miss weight as well, both agree to fight.Shogun 204.5, Machida 202.5