**official Mma Thread**

Tito signs with Afflictionhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1Allegedly makes him the fighest paid fighter in mma so +1.5 mill a fight. I sure hope Affliction has outs in this contract because I think Babalu beats him based on Tito's performance over the last few years. If he does win maybe a Fedor fight down the line???I am sure with the weight Ortiz cuts there close in size but I cant see him making it out of the first 2 minutes.
This is kind of funny. Tito is way past his prime. The guy is not a great fighter anymore. I see Tito hand picking his opponents to make himself look good. If Affliction keeps picking up fighters that are on the downswing of there career it's -ev. Obviously Fedor is still doing quite well. But Affliction could be in danger if they're banking on Tito. The fact that he sees himself as having a huge fan base with a 500k ppv buy is pretty funny imo. Ok, enough of this nonsense. We have a UFC that is coming up on Saturday. I'm pretty conflicted on Lesnar vs Herring.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

This is kind of funny. Tito is way past his prime. The guy is not a great fighter anymore. I see Tito hand picking his opponents to make himself look good. If Affliction keeps picking up fighters that are on the downswing of there career it's -ev. Obviously Fedor is still doing quite well. But Affliction could be in danger if they're banking on Tito. The fact that he sees himself as having a huge fan base with a 500k ppv buy is pretty funny imo. Ok, enough of this nonsense. We have a UFC that is coming up on Saturday. I'm pretty conflicted on Lesnar vs Herring.
I am pretty confident Lesnar is gonna win, I am just not happy with the price at this point.
I'm pretty conflicted on Lesnar vs Herring.
I originally was very much in the Lesnar camp in winning this fight. I wouldn't bet the fight due to the line, but I liked Lesnar.Then I saw Herring fight Nog and I may be changing my tune. He ROCKED Nog in that fight w/ a kick to the head and imo made a huge mistake by not finishing the fight. At the price of +230 (I think that was the last line I saw) I am starting to think that is the route to go. Again...w/ Herring at least we have seen him fight more than twice. With Lesner..we saw him land some blows but ultimately get submitted rather easily. Also...since 2002 Herring has lost to Fedor (TKO Cut), Cro-Cop (In 2003 When Cro-Cop was still good via strikes), Nogs Twice (Anaconda Choke and Decision), Sam Greco (Knee Injury...so sorta doesn't count in my book), and Jake O'Brien (Decision). I see 2 "bad" losses...and 1 of those was an injury. the rest were losses against the best of the best heavyweights. His wins are hardly impressive w/ the best being over Goodrich and Kongo. Last...of his 28 wins 16 are submissions. So how will Brock win? Well...it seems only Cro-Cop was able to beat him w/ strikes. (Fedor too I guess since the fight was stopped due to a cut) So can Brock KO him? Throw in that fact that well over 50% of his fights that he won were via submission...and I am really thinking that betting Herring is the "smart" bet.That's just my 2 cents!
I originally was very much in the Lesnar camp in winning this fight. I wouldn't bet the fight due to the line, but I liked Lesnar.Then I saw Herring fight Nog and I may be changing my tune. He ROCKED Nog in that fight w/ a kick to the head and imo made a huge mistake by not finishing the fight. At the price of +230 (I think that was the last line I saw) I am starting to think that is the route to go. Again...w/ Herring at least we have seen him fight more than twice. With Lesner..we saw him land some blows but ultimately get submitted rather easily. Also...since 2002 Herring has lost to Fedor (TKO Cut), Cro-Cop (In 2003 When Cro-Cop was still good via strikes), Nogs Twice (Anaconda Choke and Decision), Sam Greco (Knee Injury...so sorta doesn't count in my book), and Jake O'Brien (Decision). I see 2 "bad" losses...and 1 of those was an injury. the rest were losses against the best of the best heavyweights. His wins are hardly impressive w/ the best being over Goodrich and Kongo. Last...of his 28 wins 16 are submissions. So how will Brock win? Well...it seems only Cro-Cop was able to beat him w/ strikes. (Fedor too I guess since the fight was stopped due to a cut) So can Brock KO him? Throw in that fact that well over 50% of his fights that he won were via submission...and I am really thinking that betting Herring is the "smart" bet.That's just my 2 cents!
I still think Brock can win by strikes. I think the way it plays out is if/when the ref stops. I think we all expect Brock to take down Heath and give those punches/hammer fists. It just depends how much the ref will let him take early, then maybe Brock gases. Also, back to the Fedor stuff, in Randy Cotoure's book he says Fedor was offered 1.5M signing bonus and 2M$ per fight.

so the last GSP fight was the first time I had seen a complete MMA fight and I have been whatching alot of fights on the net and learning a bit about who were the bigs names in the sport. I check out a bunch of the title bouts and a few players careers and just tonight I whatched some of the firsts UFC's on youtube. The way this sport developed is so awesome, Royce Gracie dominated those and it was cool to see those fights. What i want to know is what fights do you reccomend I watch. I want to know about the ones that marked the history of the UFC, which fights are the 'epic ones', which ones are your favorite... Historic (like boxer vs jiu-jitsu)Best fightFavorite fight?

so the last GSP fight was the first time I had seen a complete MMA fight and I have been whatching alot of fights on the net and learning a bit about who were the bigs names in the sport. I check out a bunch of the title bouts and a few players careers and just tonight I whatched some of the firsts UFC's on youtube. The way this sport developed is so awesome, Royce Gracie dominated those and it was cool to see those fights. What i want to know is what fights do you reccomend I watch. I want to know about the ones that marked the history of the UFC, which fights are the 'epic ones', which ones are your favorite... Historic (like boxer vs jiu-jitsu)Best fightFavorite fight?
Some of my favorite fights from the last couple yearsWanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddel(just to of mma's biggest names slugging it out to the end, absolutely no ground work here)Jon Koppenhaver vs Jared Rollins(it was on the season six ultimate finnale, back and forth and a surprise unlikely ending, both guys left it all in the octagon)Forrest Griffin vs Stefan Bonner(this is the fight that is credited fro mma and th UFC taking off when they did)Randy Couture vs Tito Ortiz(nothing spectaclure but I just like watching Tito get his ass kicked for 5 rounds, Randy just smacked his ass like a baby the last 15 seconds or so of the fight.lol)All of Anderson Silvas Fights(they ussually dont last long but that guy is a nasty human being)One of the most spectacular 40 seconds or so fight is Kevin Randleman Vs Fedor Emeleinko in Pride. Fedor gets slammed head first into the mat and comes back to quickly submit Randleman. Also some hillarious color commentary by Rampage on the same clip.If you only watch a couple ppvs a year this weekends is one of the best of the year. GSP vs Fitch, Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring and probally what will be the best fight of the night Roger Huerta vs Ken Florian. Fitch has proven to be the no brainer #1 contender and has beaten everyone they have put in front of him but GSP is just in a class by himself.

I've seen proboably all but 3 or 4 UFCs; but obv can't recall allUnfortunately, I've seen less PRIDE or other orgs.Huerta vs GarciaWanderlei Silva vs RampageFrank Shamrock vs Igor ZinovievGuida vs GriffinGriffin vs EdgarMatt Huges vs Carlos NewtonSakuraba vs the GraciesSakuraba vs Wanderlei SilvaBas RuttenAntonio Rodrigo Nogueira "Big Nog"BJ Penn.I'd name a ton more but those were on the tipsome UFCs around 13? suffered from boring 30 min stalemates.Severn vs Coleman might be worth watching, early legends

“I don’t think he does (have legal issues) any more,” White said. “The reality is, once we got the diagnosis of what happened, they psychologically evaluated him for over 72 hours. The police were very involved in this whole thing. The place he went to, the police took him to. They diagnosed him and treated him and then he was fine. The reality is, had he been drunk or on drugs or just went out on a rage and terrorized like he did, I think it would have been bad. What he did was, he literally was sick and had delirium.“That car wreck? The reality is, he knocked her mirror off. The airbags didn’t open. There was no trauma done to her. You know what I mean? That one is out there like, ‘He hit her and she lost her baby.’ It was a week later. He knocked her mirror off her car. Rampage said, and he’ll tell you when you talk to him, ‘I care about everybody. I care about all life. I would never hurt anybody.’“That’s the way he is,” White said. “Now he’s in a situation where somebody’s trying to civil sue him and make some money. Absolutely not. Absolutely not, this is not a criminal thing. No way. I’m not lawyer and I’m no judge (but) this stuff will be worked out in the court.”

Performity agrees with me the Kenny and Brock is the play; although he is even more convinced.He gives Fitch no shot. Same as all you said; and implying Kos is better at all but JJJ that Jon, so why should St Pierre have a challenge

Performity agrees with me the Kenny and Brock is the play; although he is even more convinced.He gives Fitch no shot. Same as all you said; and implying Kos is better at all but JJJ that Jon, so why should St Pierre have a challenge
I can never seem to find the link to where he posts for upcoming fights.........Oh and are performify and performity the same person?
Brock's line improved, so I think a play there is right now.. here's what I'm on...-Brock -230-Florian -155-GSP -260
I agree with all 3 but am only betting GSP and Brock unless the line on Kenny drops to -130 range. Nothing else on the entire card really jumps out at me as a screaming value.
Also...since 2002 Herring has lost to Fedor (TKO Cut), Cro-Cop (In 2003 When Cro-Cop was still good via strikes), Nogs Twice (Anaconda Choke and Decision), Sam Greco (Knee Injury...so sorta doesn't count in my book), and Jake O'Brien (Decision). I see 2 "bad" losses...and 1 of those was an injury. the rest were losses against the best of the best heavyweights. His wins are hardly impressive w/ the best being over Goodrich and Kongo. Last...of his 28 wins 16 are submissions.
THe key part of this though, is that Herring usually uses arm locks or choke holds for submissions. I've watched Heath fight for a long time and I can't remember the last time he used a leg submission against anyone of a decent skill level(and w/o checking wiki, I literally can't remember when he last used a lower body submission). Brock should be able to defend against arm and choke submissions. Wrestlers when they start out are always susceptible to leg locks like Mir used
THe key part of this though, is that Herring usually uses arm locks or choke holds for submissions. I've watched Heath fight for a long time and I can't remember the last time he used a leg submission against anyone of a decent skill level(and w/o checking wiki, I literally can't remember when he last used a lower body submission). Brock should be able to defend against arm and choke submissions. Wrestlers when they start out are always susceptible to leg locks like Mir used
But after Mir I think he would have practice defense of leg locks
But after Mir I think he would have practice defense of leg locks
and you don't think he practiced leg locks before fighting mir? He's not going to get to a brown belt JJ level in several months in defending leg locks
and you don't think he practiced leg locks before fighting mir? He's not going to get to a brown belt JJ level in several months in defending leg locks
It's a lot easier to learn submission defense than it is to learn submissions. I don't like Lesnar as a person, but when I watched him fight, he was ridiculously explosive. That is one of the few times that I felt truly lucky to book a win. He got Mir to the ground twice if I remember correctly. The first time was a strike, the second time was a takedown, or vice versa. Either way, the guy is a beast. Now Bob Sapp was a beast as well. But Lesnar is athletic and seems to have true talent. He ran a 40 yard dash in 4.7 secs when he was 290 lbs. Herring is a tough guy. And he has been battle tested. But he has lost the majority of his big battles. I think that Lesnar is simply going to overwhelm Herring. Of course I could be wrong.....Anyway, here are my picks.GSPLesnar Huerta(Not sure about anything on the undercard/other fights)

I'm pretty excited for this card, wish i could have gotten up to Minneapolis this weekend to see it. I think Fitch is going to give GSP more problems than most of you seem to, but I wouldn't bet on it either way. I like Huerta over Florian, and I really don't care much about the Lesner/Herring fight. Neither guy gets me excited, but they might surprise me and put on a good show.

I'm pretty excited for this card, wish i could have gotten up to Minneapolis this weekend to see it. I think Fitch is going to give GSP more problems than most of you seem to, but I wouldn't bet on it either way. I like Huerta over Florian, and I really don't care much about the Lesner/Herring fight. Neither guy gets me excited, but they might surprise me and put on a good show.
I think that Fitch will be one of if not the biggest challenge for GSP to date. BJ Penn was a tough fight as well, but that was awhile ago. Fitch is not as good as GSP. But he has a ton of heart. I can't see Ftich quitting. Based on talent alone. Fitch is completely outclassed. But I always question the heart of GSP. It worries me when his corner says the GSP is not a blood and guts fighter. Then again, Anderson Silva is not really a blood and guts fighter either. I hope that Fitch doesn't dishearten GSP with the amount of punishment that he can withstand. Should be a great fight. I see this going the distance.

Unlike his last 2 fights I see GSP keeping this one standing where he has the big advantage against Fitch. If it does go the distance i beleive that would mean that Fitch wins.I see more of the same For Brock. i think he takes Herring down right away and pounds him out within a minute.Kenny Florian by RNC in the 3rd.

I think GSP will dominate Fitch. He's simply on a different level than Fitch. Fitch in a sense is tailor made for GSP, because he does nothing better than him. Fitch doesn't have amazing standup or KO power. He's grinding type fighter that outworks you. That's not going to cut it against someone like GSP who has rediculous talent and shows up in peak physical condition every fight. GSP will control where this fight goes and it'll likely be on the ground with GSP on top. We might even see GSP open up with more striking this fight, because I don't think he really will fear Fitch's standup. I don't see GSP losing this fight in any way.I see Florian beating Huerta. Florian's fought the better competition and is the more skilled fighter by far. Huerta has beaten nobody of any real significance and has looked vulnerable in just about every UFC fight he's been in. This is against lower tier competition as well. He's just nothing special to me and I don't think he's an elite fighter. Huerta is very tough though and this fight might go a decision, but I see Florian winning it.Herring versus Lesnar is interesting. I'm picking Herring here. Lesnar has proven nothing so far, him beating on Mir for a bit does nothing for me. Mir always takes a beating and hasn't looked good for a long time. I'm picking Herring mainly, because Lesnar will be tested this fight. I don't see Lesnar walking through Herring, so his cardio, his heart and his chin will be tested. I just think Herring has a good shot of pulling off the upset here, because of his experience and durability. He's also coming into this fight in good shape for once. I think this fight plays out with Lesnar starting out strong and really taking it at Herring, but I see Herring being able to weather the storm. Lesnar will then get tired and a bit sloppy and get caught.

BJ Penn was a tough fight as well, but that was awhile ago.
That was also when BJ took things less seriously, if they fought today I'd take Penn without a doubt.
I think GSP will dominate Fitch. He's simply on a different level than Fitch.
I'm fairly sure I heard that exact same thing being said before GSP's first fight with Serra. I think Fitch is a much better fighter than Serra.