**official Mma Thread**

lol, chris you hit it on the head with him acting the heel and it still pisses both of you off, so he's definitely doing something right. I can garuntee you that Tito was able to sell more PPVs by acting the heel and its what made tito the draw that he was
I don't think he's acting. The guy seems about as bright as a puppy.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I don't think he's acting. The guy seems about as bright as a puppy.
and just like that he has you worked. I've followed this guy for years, he's a ton more bright then you are giving him credit for

Its funny how the UFC's HW division goes from bland to exciting overnight. I think they should get Brock fighting every 4 months to get more expirience. He needs to add some more pound to go with his ground.

and just like that he has you worked. I've followed this guy for years, he's a ton more bright then you are giving him credit for
I officially challenge brock to an iq test. I'll lay him a few points just to be nice...........
I officially challenge brock to an iq test. I'll lay him a few points just to be nice...........
He'll counter by offering you a fistfight. He'll spot you a 5 second headstart, just to be nice. You'd be smart to take it. He is an animal.Buuut, he can't be that dumb. Worked his way through the U of Minnesota, got signed and made millions in the WWE, retired with his body in tact, married what used to be an attractive woman and is now making $250k a fight with what I hear is a $250k win bonus.He may not do calculus, but I'd venture a guess that he ain't a complete moron.
He'll counter by offering you a fistfight. He'll spot you a 5 second headstart, just to be nice. You'd be smart to take it. He is an animal.Buuut, he can't be that dumb. Worked his way through the U of Minnesota, got signed and made millions in the WWE, retired with his body in tact, married what used to be an attractive woman and is now making $250k a fight with what I hear is a $250k win bonus.He may not do calculus, but I'd venture a guess that he ain't a complete moron.
I'm gonna have to counter with an extra 15 seconds. Need to start the SUV and get it up to 60.Lots of guys who are not bright make money in fighting sports.

Pretty sure that goes beyond the unspoken boundaries of the male on male ass slap. I am also pretty sure GWB was thinking of doing the exact same thing heregrabbertp2.jpgI'll admit I dozed off a couple of times during the fights. Didn't care for Lesnar's antics and I agree with Steve..guy doesn't seem like there is much going on upstairs. I wasn't impressed with the progress he has made as I kind of expected a little more pound to his ground. It looked like he was a little scared to throw the hammer fists for fear of hitting the back of the head again. However, I look forward to his progress as he is truly explosive for his size. I just hope it's not too late with the age thing. GSP dominated as expected. He looked like he got tagged a couple of times by Fitch and if he lets BJ get in there he is going to get clipped again.Maia looked good on the ground...as expected, but he really needs to add some standup to compete with the big boys.Florian fought a smart fight and there wasn't much Huerta could do. He pretty much chased Florian around the whole fight. If it were Pride, Florian would have had his fight purse taken away. Of course if it were Pride he wouldn't have been able to run like he did. Huerta looked a lot more gassed than in past fights as well. Layoff ftl. One comment on my upset of the night pick. I picked the bum in the UFC version of bumfight.

Didn't care for Lesnar's antics and I agree with Steve..guy doesn't seem like there is much going on upstairs. I wasn't impressed with the progress he has made as I kind of expected a little more pound to his ground. It looked like he was a little scared to throw the hammer fists for fear of hitting the back of the head again. However, I look forward to his progress as he is truly explosive for his size. I just hope it's not too late with the age thing.
? he's only 31

this idea to have the GSP vs BJ Penn fight, a "supercard" event, on New Years eve is a horrible idea. It may just be a rumor, but it would be very silly if this actually happened.

this idea to have the GSP vs BJ Penn fight, a "supercard" event, on New Years eve is a horrible idea. It may just be a rumor, but it would be very silly if this actually happened.
It would actually be on the 27th not the 31st but I think it will take place at Montreal either in Novemmber or January and have Forrest fight in the ME on December 27th.
Ummm. I suppose I would rather watch a rematch of Tank vs Kimbo now that I think about it.......

-- After UFC 87: Seek and Destroy, $60,000 bonuses were awarded for knockout of the night, submission of the night and fight of the night. Robert Emerson needed only 12 seconds to dispose of Manvel Gamburyan in devastating fashion to pick up the $60,000 bonus for knockout of the night. Demian Maia used a rear naked choke to tap out Jason MacDonald in round 2 of their fight to get submission of the night. The 5-round main event of Georges St. Pierre and Jon Fitch won fight of the night, with each fighter getting a $60,000 bonus. Although Fitch showed a lot heart during the fight, GSP dominate all 5 rounds to retain the UFC Welterweight championship.-- Brock Lesnar is receiving a lot of praise for his first UFC win over Heath Herring at Saturday night's UFC 87 Pay-Per-View. At the post-show UFC 87 press conference, UFC President Dana White told the media, "I'm telling you I'm blown away by his [Lesnar's] performance tonight. One of our guys said it looks like he's hitting people with lunch boxes. The guy's a phenomenon. I didn't think he could come in here with no fights and compete at this level. He proved me wrong. He's a monster. I don't know what guys are going to want to fight him."-- Also at the UFC 87 post-show press conference, Dana White all-but-confirmed that a Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn rematch is in the works and will likely take place at UFC's final show of the year on December 27th.

It would actually be on the 27th not the 31st but I think it will take place at Montreal either in Novemmber or January and have Forrest fight in the ME on December 27th.
I know Mir/Big Nog is happening then, so coming off TUF I think that would be a fine ME. I don't think BJ/GSP will happen in December, I heard something about GSP saying he wanted time off. And Forrest I guess has Chuck next if he wins, and Chuck will need more than three months to prep IMO.
I know Mir/Big Nog is happening then, so coming off TUF I think that would be a fine ME. I don't think BJ/GSP will happen in December, I heard something about GSP saying he wanted time off. And Forrest I guess has Chuck next if he wins, and Chuck will need more than three months to prep IMO.
historically the December show is ussually the most stacked card of the year(pretty tough to do this year with 84 and 87) and I think the card needs a little more pop than Nog/Mir. The speculation has been the GSP/Penn fight but thats just been from the fans. Dana said last week that another Montreal show is in the works so it will probally happen then sometime in the new year. The show on superbowl weekend will almost deffinatly be in Vegas so might not happen till late Feb early March.
historically the December show is ussually the most stacked card of the year(pretty tough to do this year with 84 and 87) and I think the card needs a little more pop than Nog/Mir. The speculation has been the GSP/Penn fight but thats just been from the fans. Dana said last week that another Montreal show is in the works so it will probally happen then sometime in the new year. The show on superbowl weekend will almost deffinatly be in Vegas so might not happen till late Feb early March.
Time it around affliction and have a double card Penn/GSP , Griffin/Liddell that would surely hurt any show Affliction has.