Dear Nikki

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, she should only have to pay for dates that don't end in sex.That's how I've always viewed it.Breakfast is an interesting case. You should argue that it's a separate date and not a continuation of the original date.But you should also at least ask to see one of her paystubs, just to be safe.
LOL
I use a very simple rule on dates: the person that asked the other person out, pays.If I ask the guy out, I pay the bill. And that happens, yes, I do ask guys out.
This.
This girl didn't even attempt to pay her share and I wasn't really thanked at all for paying the checks.
If I ask a girl out, I have absolutely no problem paying for everything and I don't even have a problem with her assuming I'm going to pay for everything. But even if she assumes that and is still too lazy to offer a simple thank you after the meal/drinks/whatever then I would pretty much decide then and there that she is inconsiderate and has no manners. It wouldn't take long for something like that to ruin it for me. In your situation, I guess it comes down to how much of a thank you was implied by the bolded part in my quote above.

Seriously, "sexually-active physicist". That's like "honest used-car salesman", or "artistic Brittany Spears song".LLY is not going dumping her any time soon, even if she craps on his floor.

First, yes this is a bad sign. Two chances to say a simple, "thank you" and she didn't. Hope this isn't the norm for her. Second, what do you think is fair? Do you think it should be 50/50 all the time? Or maybe she should pay for every third, fourth or fifth date. It also depends on both of your incomes. For example, if one person makes for example 80k/year and the other is 20k/year, then it would not be fair to go 50/50 all of the time. In this example the total is 100k and the person earning 80k should pay for 4 dates and the 5th one should be on the person who earns 20k. If I were you, I would go on a few more dates with her and see what happens. She might offer on the 3rd or 4th date. If nothing, not even a thank you or an attempt, then seriously think of dumping her or at least talk to her about it. Also, all of the dates don't have to be where you spend a lot of cash. Hope this helps and good luck. owise1
How romantic
you're complaining? she didn't reach for the check but she did reach for YOUR PENIS AMIRITE WHO'S WITH ME?
VNH
If I ask a girl out, I have absolutely no problem paying for everything and I don't even have a problem with her assuming I'm going to pay for everything. But even if she assumes that and is still too lazy to offer a simple thank you after the meal/drinks/whatever then I would pretty much decide then and there that she is inconsiderate and has no manners. It wouldn't take long for something like that to ruin it for me. In your situation, I guess it comes down to how much of a thank you was implied by the bolded part in my quote above.
I guess you're right. I asked her out and planned it and all, so I guess it makes sense that I should have to shell out the change. That means that if I want to ask her out some more, we're going to end up going to lots of museums, parks, and other things that are completely free, and we'll eat lots of bread at dinner.
Seriously, "sexually-active physicist". That's like "honest used-car salesman", or "artistic Brittany Spears song".LLY is not going dumping her any time soon, even if she craps on his floor.
...pretty much.
I guess you're right. I asked her out and planned it and all, so I guess it makes sense that I should have to shell out the change.
But it still doesn't excuse the lack of a thank you.
But it still doesn't excuse the lack of a thank you.
I think that's the real question -- what kind of appreciation are we expected to show? Is it just a question of social graces, where she really appreciates it and just doesn't say it, or does she just expect to be treated like a queen and think no thanks is necessary? The answer to those questions seems to be key to this... And also, if it's no social graces, how much does that matter to you? To me, it doesn't matter much; to some people it matters a lot.
I think that's the real question -- what kind of appreciation are we expected to show? Is it just a question of social graces, where she really appreciates it and just doesn't say it, or does she just expect to be treated like a queen and think no thanks is necessary? The answer to those questions seems to be key to this... And also, if it's no social graces, how much does that matter to you? To me, it doesn't matter much; to some people it matters a lot.
He's not big on social graces, think he'll slip on down to the oasis.
To me, it's just good manners. If she appreciates it but doesn't say so, what's the difference? I have no idea what she's thinking, especially on a first date. And stuff like that matters to me. If I take a girl out and pay for the date I don't necessarily expect her to gush over it and act like I'm the greatest guy ever for picking up the tab, but a simple thank you takes no effort and no time. There's no excuse, in my mind, for not doing it.
To me, it's just good manners. If she appreciates it but doesn't say so, what's the difference? I have no idea what she's thinking, especially on a first date. And stuff like that matters to me. If I take a girl out and pay for the date I don't necessarily expect her to gush over it and act like I'm the greatest guy ever for picking up the tab, but a simple thank you takes no effort and no time. There's no excuse, in my mind, for not doing it.
I totally agree. It's just rude not to say "thank you". Whatever the reason is for it.

edit:nevermind, sobered up:)I'm obviously a bit intoxicated and my shoulder fell alseep while we were watching Manchester United win their match.and LLY: thats pretty rude but there are a 1,000,000 reasons why she didnt say it, this one time

When you write that NOT starved for attention thing.. Maybe you are smothering her. I get that "locked in the cage" feeling all the time.. but then again I have commitment issues.. however I still do get that feeling all the time and it drives me up a wall. Maybe back up off her for a bit.
So, uh, you ever seen "Same Time, Next Year?"
  • 3 months later...

to whom it may concern:"Sometimes during penetration, a penis or other object inserted in a vagina does hit the cervix. This may be an indication that the woman is not physiologically aroused enough; when she is more aroused, her vagina will elongate and her cervix, the neck of the uterus, will lift up and move out of the way. Other times, contact with the cervix can happen if a penis is larger than average or if the thrusting is too deep. Communicating with a partner about the discomfort — "Ouch, that's a little too deep" — and changing sexual positions may be helpful.""Because the cervix is part of the uterus, if the cervix is impacted during sex, the whole uterus is moved. This can be uncomfortable. Usually position changes can help alleviate this discomfort. Being on top allows you to control depth of penetration and is the position that works best for many women in your situation. Discomfort may be a sign of prolapse, or dropping, of the uterus, a condition that most often occurs after childbirth, In such cases, one option is surgery -- either resuspension of the uterus or a hysterectomy, depending on the severity of the prolapse, your age and your desire for future pregnancy."

to whom it may concern:"Sometimes during penetration, a penis or other object inserted in a vagina does hit the cervix. This may be an indication that the woman is not physiologically aroused enough; when she is more aroused, her vagina will elongate and her cervix, the neck of the uterus, will lift up and move out of the way. Other times, contact with the cervix can happen if a penis is larger than average or if the thrusting is too deep. Communicating with a partner about the discomfort — "Ouch, that's a little too deep" — and changing sexual positions may be helpful.""Because the cervix is part of the uterus, if the cervix is impacted during sex, the whole uterus is moved. This can be uncomfortable. Usually position changes can help alleviate this discomfort. Being on top allows you to control depth of penetration and is the position that works best for many women in your situation. Discomfort may be a sign of prolapse, or dropping, of the uterus, a condition that most often occurs after childbirth, In such cases, one option is surgery -- either resuspension of the uterus or a hysterectomy, depending on the severity of the prolapse, your age and your desire for future pregnancy."
nice copy and paste!
nice copy and paste!
"The primary function of quotation marks is to set off and represent exact language (either spoken or written) that has come from somebody else."
to whom it may concern:"Sometimes during penetration, a penis or other object inserted in a vagina does hit the cervix. This may be an indication that the woman is not physiologically aroused enough. Communicating with a partner about the discomfort — "Ouch, that's a little too deep" — and changing sexual positions may be helpful."
Now this is an explanation I can get behind, and which fits perfectly into my well-considered opinions regarding my sexual "prowess." Nikki:Please list all the possible reasons a woman would prefer her cervic be hit with a penis (or other object) during penetration.
Now this is an explanation I can get behind, and which fits perfectly into my well-considered opinions regarding my sexual "prowess." Nikki:Please list all the possible reasons a woman would prefer her cervic be hit with a penis (or other object) during penetration.
come on, you know you can take the biggest of biggest.
I can't imagine one, cuz it hurts like a motherfucker. The possible reasons:1) She likes to be hurt like a motherfucker.The end.
"The primary function of quotation marks is to set off and represent exact language (either spoken or written) that has come from somebody else."
indeed...i was merely commenting that i liked it. yours is ok too.
God dammit.
The funniest part of all this is that she probably hasn't even come close to showing just how dirty she really is. You're only a week in...imagine what she'll request in a month.And stop being such a pussy. Hurt the girl if she wants you to.
The funniest part of all this is that she probably hasn't even come close to showing just how dirty she really is. You're only a week in...imagine what she'll request in a month.And stop being such a pussy. Hurt the girl if she wants you to.
I concur.