Phil H On Poker After Dark

Has anyone else unbelievaby annoyed with Phil Hellmuth these past ffew weeks on Poker After Dark. Certainly there was that one instance where he stopped the game because people kept talking while he was thinking. Then there was last week where he kept saying he had the table set up so perfectly and it was only a matter of time before he trapped Ivey. Then, this Monday, the hand where he had QJ and turned two pair and everyone folded to his bet and he went on and on and on about how it was so unbelievable that nobody had anything that hand because if someone did he would have gotten all of their money. is this just me?

Has anyone else unbelievaby anoid with Phil Hellmuth these past ffew weeks on Poker After Dark. Certainly there was that one instance where he stopped the game because people kept talking while he was thinking. Then there was last week where he kept saying he had the table set up so perfectly and it was only a matter of time before he trapped Ivey. Then, this Monday, the hand where he had QJ and turned two pair and everyone folded to his bet and he went on and on and on about how it was so unbelievable that nobody had anything that hand because if someone did he would have gotten all of their money. is this just me?
Yah hey. There's this poker player named Phil Helmuth. He acts like an *** at the table. Get used to it.
Has anyone else unbelievaby anoid with Phil Hellmuth these past ffew weeks on Poker After Dark. Certainly there was that one instance where he stopped the game because people kept talking while he was thinking. Then there was last week where he kept saying he had the table set up so perfectly and it was only a matter of time before he trapped Ivey. Then, this Monday, the hand where he had QJ and turned two pair and everyone folded to his bet and he went on and on and on about how it was so unbelievable that nobody had anything that hand because if someone did he would have gotten all of their money. is this just me?
lol.
Watch Season 1 of HSP where Phil has KQ. Flop comes K-Q-x. Phil leads out, Barry Greenstein raises all-in with his set of Queens and Phil quickly calls.That always makes me feel good.
The funny thing is how excited he was to get his money in with top 2. I've never seen anyone push chips in faster. Hysterical.
The funny thing is how excited he was to get his money in with top 2. I've never seen anyone push chips in faster. Hysterical.
That clip is on Youtube.He's hamming it up, yes. He takes too long to fold, yes.I'd rather watch that then the week with all world champs and nobody said a word for a week. It's tv, dead air doesn't work. I don't care how good the poker is.This week and last week have been really entertaining.Avoid the Noid. Pizza pizza.

I think it is good when Hellmuth is such a baby. Its very entertaining. He can ramble on and on and then Ivey puts him in his place with two sentences! Check my signature below. I think it is best when you have a few talkers and a few stoic types. Too many talkers isn't good either cause they talk over top of each other. Matusow and Hellmuth together are usually entertaining.As far as the quieter shows I actually did enjoy the heads up between Hansen and Huck Seed. They didn't talk alot but when they did it was about how the hands were played. I found it very interesting.

I think it is good when Hellmuth is such a baby. Its very entertaining.
I have to agree. Phil Hellmuth makes for great TV. If I know he's gonna be on I try not to miss it. He seems to me mellowing a bit in his old age.
He's hamming it up, yes. He takes too long to fold, yes.I'd rather watch that then the week with all world champs and nobody said a word for a week. It's tv, dead air doesn't work. I don't care how good the poker is.This week and last week have been really entertaining.
You and I are agreeing alot lately
the best part of the show IMO so far has been how Tony G and Matusow were like two little kids. Seems like these guys respect each other and don't really talk smalk to one another and pretty much focus on guys like Hellmuth.
I think it is the same "Professional Courtesy" that keeps sharks from eating each other.

I like all Phil's BS about how the stakes mean nothing to him. He wants Laak to take a piece of his 10K bet with Doyle because "it's too small to remember". Doyle shut down that BS right quick. It's amusing. The week with the mute champions was not.

I absolutely loved these past two eps of Poker after Dark though..The whole table is hilarious and having so much fun, and its good to see that these guys don't lose sight of the fact that thats the reason we all started to play in the first place. Phil Laak is hilariousOh, and the lady commentator, I forgot her name, but shes smoking..Unfortunately,shes dumb as rocks and has no idea how to conduct an interview..The smartest thing that came out of that broads mouth was the producers di ckAs far Hellmuth, sooooooooo standard...Hes always like that..

The best part about Poker After Dark is they just allow the audio to roll at the table. Guys like Hellmuth and Matusow make for great entertainment. The poker is ood obviously but for me it's really second to the interaction between the players. On other shows everyone is so serious and non-talkative. The fact Shana talks to the participants during the action is a big plus. I thought week 3 was the absolute best poker (as far as entertainment value) on TV to date.

oh, and another thing, and I realize I run the risk of losing Balloon Guy's support here, but whoever doesn't like Antonio has no sense of humor. I've enjoyed watching him every time he's been on a tv table for the last 2 years I've been watching poker.He's respectful, funny, chatty, and self depricating. I really enjoy watching him.I realize the Rocks N Rings thing was over the top, but I suspect it was half done as a goof. I also realize he's renting himself out for parties, which is kinda cheesy. But hey, I gather he's a big time gambler and partyer. So why not have the partying pay for some of your gambling? Bottom line, I like the guy.

Oh, and the lady commentator, I forgot her name, but shes smoking..Unfortunately,shes dumb as rocks and has no idea how to conduct an interview..The smartest thing that came out of that broads mouth was the producers di ck
You disparage Shana Hiatt? Blasphemer. The poker gods will surely strike you down. The woman is a goddess among mere mortals.Anyone else like Laak's comment to Shana - When Antonio acts like this he either has AA, KK or some trash he's going to throw away. I've seen Antonio pull that move several times on televised shows and Laak is spot on. Though I'm sure the pros have picked up on it it's a bit rude of Laak to point out a tell on national TV.