Wpt World Poker Open In Tunica

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"SlowWe half-expected that we'd be done by the end of this level, but we were wrong. The pace of play has ground to a complete standstill, as none of these players want to miss playing on a televised final table. With Young Cho holding on to all the chips and not doing anything utterly crazy, it's become difficult for the pros to take over the game. "Everybody is getting anxious for some action.....

I would have thought DN would be able to take advantage of this "Bubble" type situation. To make a TV FT would be really big for most of these players. I'm surprised he has not been able to take advantage of this, must be really card dead.

"Pham takes pot from NegreanuWednesday, January 24, 2007 06:48 PM PST In middle position, Daniel Negreanu raises to T48,000. Kido Pham in the big blind calls.The flop comes 489. Both players check. The turn is the 10. Both players check. The river is the 5. Pham bets T120,000 and Negreanu goes into deep thought. Out loud, he says, "Why so much? You checked the flop. I checked the flop. You checked the turn. I checked the turn. You bet T120,000 on the river. I just don't get it." After a few more minutes of analysis, Negreanu finally says, "It's not worth thinking so much. Take it."Pham picks up the pot and mucks his cards. "

Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpOn a flop of JclubJspade8heart, Robert Thompson bets $100,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls. The turn is the 3club and Thompson moves all in. Negreanu calls all in for just under $500,000 and shows QclubJdiamond for trips. Thompson turns over KclubQdiamond and is drawing dead. The river is the Aclub and Daniel Negreanu has doubled up.Robert Thompson is left with only $12,000 in chips.

"Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpOn a flop of JJ8, Robert Thompson bets $100,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls. The turn is the 3 and Thompson moves all in. Negreanu calls all in for just under $500,000 and shows QJ for trips. Thompson turns over KQ and is drawing dead. The river is the A and Daniel Negreanu has doubled up.Robert Thompson is left with only $12,000 in chips. "Thompson busts shortly after and DN is in the TV final! :club:

"Daniel Negreanu Doubles UpOn a flop of JJ8, Robert Thompson bets $100,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls. The turn is the 3 and Thompson moves all in. Negreanu calls all in for just under $500,000 and shows QJ for trips. Thompson turns over KQ and is drawing dead. The river is the A and Daniel Negreanu has doubled up.Robert Thompson is left with only $12,000 in chips. "Thompson busts shortly after and DN is in the TV final! :club:
Talk about a gift, Thompson might be running for the Mississippi after that blowup.
With the crazy WPT final table structure. That 1m chip lead that Cho has is nothing.
Uh, the joke (I use that word liberally) was the typo in DNs stack. The $1 million chip lead is substantial.