Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Even though I wont be watching hockey ..Go PenguinsGo CrosbyGo TFK, Moomo, geeno, Gonchba, FleuryGO disco dan...GO LEMIEUXGO PITTSBURGH

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I guess this is the best place for this...Wings fans just crack me up. On the way in I was listening to The Ticket (our sports talk station) and I guess the discussion was about how OV doesn't show up for big games but players like Pavs and Crosby do. Which somehow got everyone in an uproar calling up saying Crosby sucks.Well after one call the radio host lost it. He hates Crosby for all the usual reasons but said that if you think he sucks then you better look in the mirror because you suck too. You can hate him but your an idiot if you don't think he is one of the top if not the top player in the NHL.Then he got a call.This dbag called in saying that Crosby sucked and that there are 5 Wings better than him. Hank - you can argue itPavs - you can argue itHolmstrom - WTF???Franzen - WTF????Lidstrom - Different position, can't compare.The Franzen thing made the guys head explode. He missed him saying Homer. This turned into phone call after phone call of Wings fans backing up this dbags statement which resulted in the host calling everyone an idiot and hanging up on each caller which I guess he is not really is allowed to do. It was hilarious.I hate this city.Oh and a sidenote. There is a serge in Hockeytown named Wingnut. Anyone who doesn't think the Wings will win each game they play for eternity is not a true fan.lol

Even though I wont be watching hockey ..Go PenguinsGo CrosbyGo TFK, Moomo, geeno, Gonchba, FleuryGO disco dan...GO LEMIEUXGO PITTSBURGH
Huh?As fun as it is to make fun of the caps, it's time to get our minds right. The Habs obviously are dangerous. Halak can be a brick wall, Gill can be a force, the munchkins can be a huge annoyance, but is that enough? Obviously I'm biased here but I think the Pens matchup against the Habs even better than the Caps did. They are proven playoff performers and are built for a 7 game series. Crosby is beastly...we haven't seen the best of malkin (his parents are in town after missing round 1 with playoff troubles, staal certainly be better, Fluery has shown flashes of brilliance and is certainly an upgrade over Theo/Varlamov, and I think our D as a whole has the potential to be much better than the Caps. The Pens also play a much different game than the caps. They don't rely as much on goals from the rush, goals from the power play, or just simply relying on scoring 4-5 goals a night. They certainly have the potential to break out and get a bunch but they are just as comfortable winning 2-1, 3-2, etc.The biggest threat to this series is over confidence. The Pens on paper are certainly better than the habs, but the series is played on ice...not on paper. They cannot for one second take the Habs lightly. Halak certainly has shown he can steal a game or 2 so the Pens really need to break him. I think it's pretty important for the Pens to take full advantage of their home ice. If the Pens can skate into Montreal with a 2-0 lead I really think it's going to be tough for the Habs to come back...i hope.
As fun as it is to make fun of the caps, it's time to get our minds right.
I am looking forward to this series. I think this and the hawks/nucks series are the two to watch for some exciting playoff hockey.

Gonna be a great seires, hopefully more so for the Habs.And, for the record, I think Crosby is better than Ovie. Crosby may not have quite as much strength or as much of a wristshot, but I think he's more intuitive and inventive in his puck handling, positioning and playmaking. His work ethic is better than Ovie's, too. These are things that help make the Pens that much more dangerous than the Caps. I hope the Habs are prepared for an onslaught.GO HABS GO!!!

I love the Penguins..Crosby is the bestest player in the whole world..Matt Cooke, i can even tolerate him..Fleury will outplay Halak OBV..Hal Gill is going to get "Hossaed", losing to his old team. I probably wont watch too much but I know 100% that the Penguins will dominate this series.***I assure you this isnt a reverse Serge Jinx post...Its totally sincere ...

Was listening to some sports radio today (rare occurrence for me) and mainly the hockey talk was about the upcoming match-ups for the Eastern Conference. The guys were talking about how Boston dodged a big bullet for now by drawing the Philly match-up. Got sidetracked on how to beat Pittsburgh (consensus was luck) and sidetracked even more on a conversation about Malkin. They were making a case for/against him being a future HOF. I thought it was interesting because I think it could go either way at this point in time. So I pose this, Malkin potential HOF or no?

Was listening to some sports radio today (rare occurrence for me) and mainly the hockey talk was about the upcoming match-ups for the Eastern Conference. The guys were talking about how Boston dodged a big bullet for now by drawing the Philly match-up. Got sidetracked on how to beat Pittsburgh (consensus was luck) and sidetracked even more on a conversation about Malkin. They were making a case for/against him being a future HOF. I thought it was interesting because I think it could go either way at this point in time. So I pose this, Malkin potential HOF or no?
Malkin still has a lot of work to do before HOF talk starts. Let's hope h doesn't start working this series.BTW....Crosby is a diver. He already dove in the pregame skate. Ridiculous!
Pens PP > Caps PP. Seriously though, it looks really good.
I'm sure the refs will provide them with many opportunities to practice.
I'm sure the refs will provide them with many opportunities to practice.
lol, I know this isn't a serious post, because you're not insane, or an HF Boards Conspiracy tard, but I'll take the bait anyways.The tripping call was obvious, the Gomez call was standard (although I wish they'd call more of that when useless scrums develop of of clean hits (although a clean hit that results in injury in game 1 of a playoff series probably isn't useless)).Malkin's penalty was just stupid, but before that Moore roughed him up on a play that could have been called, and Sid was also decked on a clear interference before that.Penguins probably got away with a thing or two, but I didn't notice.========================Good period for the boys. Great answer to the first goal. PP looks really good, lots of crisp passes, and they almost had 2 tap-ins before Staal's goal.