Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

When I saw the Kunitz/Spezza play live I thought it was a charge. When they showed the replay I thought it was a weak penalty call.
Good thing it wasn't costly.</sarcasm>
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Fluery's gotta stop Ruutu. Big power play chance for the pens though.
That goal was just a terrible terrible defensive breakdown.Where was the 2nd defenseman? Why did nobody cover for him? Why did nobody back check to take Ruutu? Everybody on the ice missed their assignment on that one.

Fleury was weak tonight. Too many rebounds and that Ruutu shot needs to be stopped. Overall, the Penguins stunk up the joint...with the exception of He Who Must Not Be Named. The Senators played a very strong game but they better fasten their seltbelts because in the last few minutes Pittsburgh showed what's coming.6 points for me in this game :club:

Like, I don't think the Pens played a horrible game. They got their chances, and they buried 4 goals. Sid and Malkin showed up, big time. The PP clicked, and looked good for a couple goals, anyways.One of the Sens goals was a complete fluke bounce off the boards on a dump in.Fleury will need to be better, of course. The Neil goal, and the Ruutu goal, he needs to have. The defense on the Ruutu goal was putrid. The two forwards coming back did nothing at all, and that includes Staal, which is surprising. I see a bounce back game on both fronts tomorrow.Our physical game was pretty good too, and that should help us throughout the series, as well.Not in panic mode yet, not even close.

Was a great game...I feel dirty cheering for Ottawa, especially guys like Alfie and Neil..But we have a mission ..Good luck in game 2

Like, I don't think the Pens played a horrible game. They got their chances, and they buried 4 goals. Sid and Malkin showed up, big time. The PP clicked, and looked good for a couple goals, anyways.One of the Sens goals was a complete fluke bounce off the boards on a dump in.Fleury will need to be better, of course. The Neil goal, and the Ruutu goal, he needs to have. The defense on the Ruutu goal was putrid. The two forwards coming back did nothing at all, and that includes Staal, which is surprising. I see a bounce back game on both fronts tomorrow.Our physical game was pretty good too, and that should help us throughout the series, as well.Not in panic mode yet, not even close.
This is why I don't post recaps. I would have pretty much wrote the same thing. That Ruutu goal really bothered me. It was all set up by a Staal missed shot. He had Cooke and Kennedy going to the net he threw it through the crease and automatically created an outlet for the Sens with all our forwards trapped. Our shutdown third line definitely didn't have a good game as they each were a -2 on the night. Not good for guys that took 3 of the top 4 spots on the Pens in the +/- category. Spezza and Alfredson didn't do much which is good but they should be able to shut down the scrubs.I expect Fluery to bounce back in a big way on Friday but he certainly looked shaky all game yesterday. He could have used some better defense and luck though and had he gotten it we might be talking about what they need to do take a 2-0 lead instead of tying the series at 1.

Zach isn't gonna like this but Mark Madden is preaching that the Pens scratch Kennedy to make room for Mike Rupp. He doesn't think the Pens were physical enough and Rupp's the answer. Maybe that moves Craig Adams or Max Talbot up to the 3rd line?

Kennedy has been pretty meh lately.For a guy who shoots all the time from the perimeter, every time he has the puck, his shot is just awful.I like Rupp, I wouldn't mind seeing him in.I thought the Pens were plenty physical, though.

i don't like MM, but I kinda agree with this. I think Dupuis could bring the same amount of intensity that Kennedy does, if Rupp doesn't immediately fit into that line. He can actually put the puck in the net a bit more, too.

Rupp's not playing? are you guys really that deep?just a guess here, but...Guerin-Crosby-KunitzFedotenko-Malkin-PoniCooke-Staal-KennedyTalbot-Adams-Dupuiswow, I had to put that down to see it.....that is a pretty deep team. Too bad you couldnt find a better scorer than Poni at the deadline.I like Rupp, I think this shows you could take an injury or two to anyone other than Crosby/Malkin.

Guerin was non-existant last night. They should consider moving someone up in his place.
I think Guerin has been way unfairly criticized this year, but I still wouldn't care if he just got scratched instead.He's even more useless in the bottom 6 than he's been in the top 6.
i don't like MM
"I wouldn't call myself the top sports talk show host in Pittsburgh, but I am in the top 1."- Mark MaddenHistory Will Be Made
For Serge/Fenix...th_86197_deadpenguin_122_415lo.jpg
How about Fedotenko, who hasnt scored a meaningful goal in many, many months.
Can you really justify scratching him though? And just like Guerin is he any help playing in the bottom 6?
How about Fedotenko, who hasnt scored a meaningful goal in many, many months.
Fedotenko has a tendency to pick it up in the playoffs though. He's no Claude Lemieux, but still, I WOULDN'T SIT HIM.
Can you really justify scratching him though? And just like Guerin is he any help playing in the bottom 6?
Fedotenko is a WAY better bottom 6 player than Guerin. He's physical and plays with energy. He's not exactly a scorer, so I don't know how he has a rep for being top 6. He had like 30 points this year, lol.They mentioned during one of the games last night though, that Fedotenko was getting sat for Mike Rupp tonight.
Fedotenko has a tendency to pick it up in the playoffs though. He's no Claude Lemieux, but still, I WOULDN'T SIT HIM.
I agree.Damn, its just one game so far into the playoffs.
Obviously the Pens don't agree with you. FEDOTENKO SCRATCHED, RUPP TO DRESSI'm not sure if I agree but I certainly hope it works.http://www.rockyourjersey.com/submit.php - I'm rocking this in Charlottesville, VA. 0010.png

I am guaranteeing a Penguin win tonight.. :club: Most of the series will go 1-1...Thats just how things go.

Lots of panic going around after one game. I would say SJ is the only team that should panic and maybe Washington. But I don't think the Pens should panic much.Interesting though that all the games played so far have been 1 goal games.