The Offical American Idol Thread

I'm really rooting for Chris Sligh, the dude just has crazy talent and is really likeable. You can listen to his band here: http://myspace.com/halfpastforeverbandand he also has a secret blog at http://chris-sligh.blogspot.com/ although I'm not entirely sure if it's really him since Idol contestants are not allowed to have any kind of blog and it could get him kicked off the show.He hasn't won but I'm already a huge fan.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Doolittle chick, BEST VERSION OF MY FUNNY VALENTINE...EVER!!!!You remember that feeling you had before you first had sex? When you had feelings of nervousness, anticipation, and excitement all wrapped in one? That's exactly how I felt when she was singing, minus the having a boner part. Let's face it, she can sing like nobody's business. But the girl is busted (notice I can be mean about her appearance because I too, am busted.). My apologies to any flat faced posters out there who might be offended.

Dr. Doolittle chick, BEST VERSION OF MY FUNNY VALENTINE...EVER!!!!You remember that feeling you had before you first had sex? When you had feelings of nervousness, anticipation, and excitement all wrapped in one? That's exactly how I felt when she was singing, minus the having a boner part. Let's face it, she can sing like nobody's business. But the girl is busted (notice I can be mean about her appearance because I too, am busted.). My apologies to any flat faced posters out there who might be offended.
I was just killing time before the Raptors game began but I caught My Funny Valentine. That was as good as it get's IMO. I've heard literally dozens of versions of that song and I used to study music. 10 out of 10 for sure!The next chick doesn't have much for chops but shiiiiiiiit...that biotch is smoking!! I'd like to pound a few notes into her.That is all.

It is all about the black girls this year, and that Doolittle woman is in a whole other league. She is phenomenal. I replayed My Funny Valentine, and will probably play it again tomorrow.It's a shame she has no neck, but I swear as soon as she starts singing, I stop caring.

It is all about the black girls this year, and that Doolittle woman is in a whole other league. She is phenomenal. I replayed My Funny Valentine, and will probably play it again tomorrow.It's a shame she has no neck, but I swear as soon as she starts singing, I stop caring.
She's amazing - she was better than Lakisha last week too - LaKisha is like a howatzer but Melinda knows how to color stuff and make it cool and sexy - she's fantastic
that was such a good set up for No Neck to post but I don't know if he's been in this thread.How do you have that American Idol My Funny Valentine? utube? recorder? and what WAS that chicks name?

That Anatella b_itch or whatever her name is needs to go... yea she is hot, but she is an untalented b_itch from Jersey. I like how Simon had an instant rebuttle when she threw out the Jennifer Hudson comment. Simon has been either asked about that millions of times, or he knew someone was going to make that comment, because he instantly had a comeback lol.

She's amazing - she was better than Lakisha last week too - LaKisha is like a howatzer but Melinda knows how to color stuff and make it cool and sexy - she's fantastic
Agreed, and Lakisha was great last week and really good this week.
That Anatella b_itch or whatever her name is needs to go... yea she is hot, but she is an untalented b_itch from Jersey. I like how Simon had an instant rebuttle when she threw out the Jennifer Hudson comment. Simon has been either asked about that millions of times, or he knew someone was going to make that comment, because he instantly had a comeback lol.
shhhh...otherwise girls are going to start thinking smarts and talent are more important than looking good.
I cannot believe Sanjaya survived this week. He is so horrible and does not belong in this competition.
QFTMFTAlthough the dude that did get voted off wasn't a major player in the competition, he was still better than Sanjaya by leaps and bounds. Which I think he proved with the final song he performed. I really think the American audience were voting for who they wanted off the show.

I thought it was funny how the girls couldn't sing when they got voted out... crybabies lol. But seriously that Anatella (or whatever) and Sanblahblah should be gone. The only reason Anatella is there is because of those BJ pictures that surfaced on the net... and who knows why that Sanjaja guy is still there. I know this would never happen, but the judges should vote off contestants until they get to the finals (final 12). The wrong people are getting sent home.

I thought it was funny how the girls couldn't sing when they got voted out... crybabies lol. But seriously that Anatella (or whatever) and Sanblahblah should be gone. The only reason Anatella is there is because of those BJ pictures that surfaced on the net... and who knows why that Sanjaja guy is still there. I know this would never happen, but the judges should vote off contestants until they get to the finals (final 12). The wrong people are getting sent home.
Sanjaya = very dorkishHe gets a huge pity vote but Sanjaya also brings high likability due his unintentional wierdness. He is also the most "real" person on the show, he completely acts how he would normally act. That being said...he really isn't that good, but he did sound great in the 1st round auditions.It is proven that after tonight, Antonella will at least make it to the top 12 because of those pictures, she was really horrible this week.Did anyone else notice that the two people who sung Micheal Buble's "feeling good" got the boot?
It is proven that after tonight, Antonella will at least make it to the top 12 because of those pictures, she was really horrible this week.
I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, but what are the odds that Antonella leaked those pictures herself? She was so bad 2 weeks ago, and then the pics came out. She wasnt going to stand out based on her singing. Nom such thing as bad publicity.
I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, but what are the odds that Antonella leaked those pictures herself? She was so bad 2 weeks ago, and then the pics came out. She wasnt going to stand out based on her singing. Nom such thing as bad publicity.
woah woah woah...any links?? boy am I glad I caught some American Idol this week. Best performance and hottest chick all in the same 15 min. span.

If you want to see the BJ pics just do a yahoo search, and the first couple websites at the top will take you there. I heard it was her X-boyfriend who she dumped right before the show was the one leaking the pics. (edit) apparently the BJ pics are fake, but she has numerous other pics of her out, such as one of her on the toilet which is pretty funny.

Sanjaya = very dorkishHe gets a huge pity vote but Sanjaya also brings high likability due his unintentional wierdness. He is also the most "real" person on the show, he completely acts how he would normally act. That being said...he really isn't that good, but he did sound great in the 1st round auditions.It is proven that after tonight, Antonella will at least make it to the top 12 because of those pictures, she was really horrible this week.Did anyone else notice that the two people who sung Micheal Buble's "feeling good" got the boot?
Nina Simone.But yeah, the dude sang it pretty damn good. The wanna be scat chick sucked balls. I love that song, but here are 2 facts:1. No one will top Buble's version.2. The majority of people that watch don't appreciate that style of music, and no one who sings it will EVER win American Idol. Hence that Nick guy getting voted off. Of course as Simon said he didn't have any charisma. Which is something that is needed to be a crooner.
Tonights show sucked. This is a pretty bad group of guys. The ones that actually can sign a little dont know know how to choose a song.
With the exception of last year, most people don't really shine until it gets down to the final 10.