Story On Zeejustin

I guess I mean cheaters in the "sports" world. And specifically money. Directly. In relation to the "crime" on PP, I think it was a fair and swift punishment. As for the shadow question, I don't think anyone in the poker public will forget. I heard Phil Gordon say on his ESPN show that he never wanted ZJ on his show no matter what. That seems like a pretty harsh stance given the kid's age.
Who cares what Phil Gordon says, I used to like him but after some of the stuff he says, he sounds like an *******.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what Phil Gordon says, I used to like him but after some of the stuff he says, he sounds like an *******.
GORDON IS A D.OU.CHE. HIS EGO ANNOYS ME AND I THINK ZJ WOULD OWN HIM. I THINK I WOULD OWN HIM TOO, AND OTHER RANDOM PLAYERS AS WELL.................(ITS BEEN VIDEOTAPED). THE ONLY REASON THIS GUY IS FAMOUS IS BECAUSE OF HIS COMMENTARY ON THE WORST POKER SHOW EVER, HE IS A RABID SELF PROMOTER LIKE ANOTHER TALL GUY WHOS' NAMED PHIL. EXCEPT AT LEAST THAT PHIL HAS RESULTS TO SHOW HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GORDON ON THE OTEHR HAND HAD MONEY DID'NT MAKE IT IN POKER SO HAS A DEEP BANKROLL THAT HE CAN RUN THROUGH WITH HIS HOMERUN STYLE.

People in America tend to be pretty forgiving, which is why he's able to pursue his chosen profession now in relative peace. But, while it takes a lifetime to build a reputation it takes only a minute to destroy forever. For better or worse his poker past will follow him for as long as he puts himself in the poker spotlight. Using the Vijay analogy, Singh was suspended in 1985 while playing on the Asian Tour for what he claimed was just an honest mistake (he signed an incorrect scorecard and was accused of doctoring it). Golf was nowhere near what it is today in terms of size and international acclaim, and the Asian Tour is a pretty obscure backwater in the golfing universe. If Singh had gone back to Fiji and become a club pro, people would have forgotten. By staying on the tour and winning multiple majors, that stain has followed him. In an age where information travels even faster online, Bonomo can expect similar long memories.

When I see Vijay Singh doing well in a golf tournament I don't even remotly think of what he did in '85, however, I will always remember if someone brings it up. If ZeeJustin goes on to be a Hall of Fame caliber poker player I'm thinking the same will happen to him. Kids get caught steeling and go on to be very successfull adults. It all depends on how maturely he handles himself in the future and it definatly looks like he is going in the right direction.Good luck to you ZeeJustin!

I don't know too many other cheaters who have had to pay that kind of price...
I know a couple cheaters that have lost their roll and paid a much higher price. He got off easy. The fact a lot of people take it lightly doesn't change the fact it happened. Don't try and justify what he did by how "few" times his players sat together, the fact that time(maybe a year?) has passed, or that he's doing well live now. He should be stained forever. If that hurts his feelings, too ****ing bad. On the other hand, if it doesn't bother him, quit defending him. There's a lot of decent people out there that make mistakes and pay dearly for them, and having some money taken is the least of it. It's on his poker record like a felony as far as I'm concerned. Ask in 6 years.
Im with ZeeJustin right now, he says his real name isn't Zee.
stop lying JC.... everyone knows his real name is ZEE... i mean damn dna already posted his birth certificateswoh yeah i read the blog you made, very nice work i enjoyed reading it. i was however a little disappointed that i was given all the credit for that first huge score of 75k i was the one that gave you some ridicously goal to get to in the second hour on aim... just joking man but good wrap up for the year i hope you have a great year with no down swings this year.

Was what he did wrong? Yes, undoubtedly. But it's kind of a misdemeanor offense in the world of poker cheating. Chip dumping, sneaking chips, deck manipulation, card marking and colluding are all far worse. And rumors of just about all of those swarm around some of the biggest names. It seems to me that Zee created multiple accounts to hide his identity - and while that was against the site's rules it doesn't seem horribly wrong to me. Then he found out that he was able to login to multiple accounts at once and play in the same tournament. I actually believe that he did so to get multiple chances to go deep and not with the intention of playing multiple seats on the same table to build pots or dump chips. Still that's clearly not only against site rules but unethical.Honestly I think there should be some sort of proscribed penalty for people caught cheating with different penalties for different offenses. Still at this point of Zee manages to keep his nose clean I think he should be welcomed into all the tournaments he wants to enter. Yeah, his reputation will always have a dark spot but I don't think you can or should punish someone for life for what really amounts to a minor offense. If he gets caught cheating again I suggest we drag him out to the desert and break his kneecaps.

Was what he did wrong? Yes, undoubtedly. But it's kind of a misdemeanor offense in the world of poker cheating. Chip dumping, sneaking chips, deck manipulation, card marking and colluding are all far worse. And rumors of just about all of those swarm around some of the biggest names.
I have no idea if you are correct or not in saying this, but it is a very strong and potentially inflammatory statement. Could you please post some evidence/links to back this claim up?Also, to people who are saying he has paid a heavy debt for what he did, remember, in the old days people got shot that sort of thing.
I have no idea if you are correct or not in saying this, but it is a very strong and potentially inflammatory statement. Could you please post some evidence/links to back this claim up?Also, to people who are saying he has paid a heavy debt for what he did, remember, in the old days people got shot that sort of thing.
cue Russ Gregoriev! :club:
Listen very closely to some of the Circuit broadcasts around the time this whole Zee/JJ Prodigy issue came out....I won't ruin the suprise for you!
Pretty good article. What do you do? Ban the guy for life or accept his appology and move on?Is it even worth the time to keep bashing him? He's a hell of a poker player, obviously.http://www.bluffmagazine.com/zeejustin.asp
Didn't JJProdigy do the same exact thing? Why did his story fall off the planet but not Zee's?
Didn't JJProdigy do the same exact thing? Why did his story fall off the planet but not Zee's?
Holy Sh*t dude....Oh man I really hope you are kidding... My condolences to your account...
Evidence of rumors? That's kind of amusing.At any rate I believe Mizrachi is actually on record admitting that he did exactly what Zee did.Men the Master is long rumored to use pretty much every shady practice in the book in tournament play.And all of the old-time road gamblers - Doyle and that crew - have had rumors around them of various cheating. I can't provide evidence that any of that occurred mind you but the rumors have certainly been there.There are an awful lot of people in poker that would have an asterisk next to their name if they had done all their play online where records of these sorts of things could be checked.I view a lot of these rumors as roughly equivalent to the Lance Armstrong doping allegations. Nothing has ever been proven but there have long been rumors and many people will believe that he's dirty regardless of all the denials.
I don't really thing that guy did something so horrendous. He used multiple accounts and played in huge field tournies. Yes he broke the rules but did he gain such a huge edge that he victimized other players, I dont think so. If he was using multiple accounts and playing a cash game at like a 6max table or playing in the same sit and go then that is really cheating and should be looked at as such, but if he did not do that then I dont really have a big problem with it. Everyone breaks rules at times and I dont think we should hold this over the kids head anymore. It is clear that he is a great tourney player and should be respected as such.
I don't think you know what edge means.
is this a serious post?? Im not even gonna dignify that with a response.
Very serious. I'm not especially upset that you're choosing not to dignify it with a response, as I'm not into reading dogshit in text form.I don't think we need to crucify him, but, I think it's absolutely brain-dead to believe that what he did didn't take money out of other people's pockets.