January Goals

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too lazy to make a blog. It's just a lot easier to get on here whenever something interesting happens, and it probably gets wider readership anyway. I would post more hands though if it wasn't such a huge pain in the *** to convert from Bodog.Here's the biggest hand I lost last night though. Maybe should have just called the initial flop bet on the rainbow board, but that's borderline. Then, once I raise I'm committed.Important stacksHero: $4,206.79SB: $15,731.23(4 handed)Hero is Button with 7 :icon_dance: 8 :) 7 :D J :icon_dance:Preflop: CO folds, Hero raises to $35, SB reraises to $115, BB folds, Hero calls $80.Flop: 9 :icon_dance: 6 :D 7 :)SB bets $240, Hero raises to $960, SB reraises to $3,120, Hero is all-in for $4,091.79, SB calls $971.79.Turn: Q :club:River: K :heart:SB shows: T :icon_dance: K :icon_dance: T :D 8 :D (straight, ten high)Hero shows: 7 :icon_dance: 8 :icon_dance: 7 :) J :icon_dance: (three of a kind, sevens)SB wins $8,421.58

I'm too lazy to make a blog. It's just a lot easier to get on here whenever something interesting happens, and it probably gets wider readership anyway. I would post more hands though if it wasn't such a huge pain in the *** to convert from Bodog.Here's the biggest hand I lost last night though. Maybe should have just called the initial flop bet on the rainbow board, but that's borderline. Then, once I raise I'm committed.Important stacksHero: $4,206.79SB: $15,731.23(4 handed)Hero is Button with 7 :icon_dance: 8 :) 7 :D J :icon_dance:Preflop: CO folds, Hero raises to $35, SB reraises to $115, BB folds, Hero calls $80.Flop: 9 :icon_dance: 6 :D 7 :)SB bets $240, Hero raises to $960, SB reraises to $3,120, Hero is all-in for $4,091.79, SB calls $971.79.Turn: Q :club:River: K :heart:SB shows: T :icon_dance: K :icon_dance: T :D 8 :D (straight, ten high)Hero shows: 7 :icon_dance: 8 :icon_dance: 7 :) J :icon_dance: (three of a kind, sevens)SB wins $8,421.58
im by no means a plo expert but when he makes that kind of reraise doesnt he always have a straight there?

Yeah, he almost certainly does. I'm still 42% to win the pot by making a boat or hitting my gutterball though, so I have to get my money in. That's what I was saying about being "committed" after the initial raise.

Yeah, he almost certainly does. I'm still 42% to win the pot by making a boat or hitting my gutterball though, so I have to get my money in. That's what I was saying about being "committed" after the initial raise.
Smash sez "bottom set is for suckers" and "good luck"I don't understand why a raise to 1k "commits you" to spending your last 3k here.It's almost like my AA hand in the NLHE forum. You didn't like my reraise in that one, I think when he pushes over me there, he's saying he has me beaten, and I think that when he re-ups your thousand here, he's telling you the same. You didn't have to stuffyour last 3 in there, you did so on the gamboool.

1) I don't have bottom set, I have middle set.2) My exact equity against villian's exact hand is 42.4%. $8,421.58 *.424 = $3,570.75. $3,570.75 - $3,131.79 = $438.96. Thus, by going all-in here instead of folding, in the long-term I make an extra $439. Yes, occasionally I'll be up against top set instead of a straight, and that will make my equity worse, but I still have an open-ender there, so my equity's still about 30%. Also, in my best-case scenario (against a low straight with my backdoor flush draw live), my equity could be as high as 58%. The point is that in the long run, it balances out to where 42% is a pretty fair estimate, and the amount I make on a push vs. a fold is non-trivial and amounts to about half a buy-in.As for the biggest pot I've ever played, it was $9,200 a week or so ago in that same 5/10 game. I rivered the second-nut boat, bet less than half the pot and villian tried to bluff me all-in.

So I kind of decided to withdraw all but $200 today. I left that in there just to play around with.Started playing some underrolled PLO and ran that up to $650. Either they play bad or I play bad and get lucky. I'm fine either way.Here are a couple highlights.CryptologicPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$18 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with [As] [2c] [6s] [Ac] 2 folds, MP1 raises to $3.5, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero raises to $17.5, MP1 calls, 2 folds.Flop: [Qs] [3d] [6d] ($42, 2 players)Hero bets $42, MP1 calls all-in $35.75.Uncalled bets: $6.25 returned to Hero. Turn: [Ks] ($113.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $113.5)River: [4s] ($113.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $113.5)Results:Final pot: $113.5MP1 had [5h Kh Kd Ad]That scared me! I didn't even see my flush until the pot was pushed to me.CryptologicPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with [Kc] [6h] [Ah] [8s] 2 folds, CO raises to $7, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.Flop: [Th] [7h] [Ks] ($22, 3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets $22, Hero raises all-in $69.5, CO folds, Button calls.Turn: [6d] ($161, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $161)River: [3h] ($161, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $161)Results:Final pot: $161Button had [Ac 3d Jc Qd]CO was on mega-tilt after getting outdrawn for a 200BB pot. I was calling his raises with anything remotely playable.

1) I don't have bottom set, I have middle set.
Sorry, my bad. I enjoy your reasoning on your hands, sessions, etc.You play at limits and amounts that I don't have the stomach for...Don't know how you do it. The swings you go through would have me in thehospital. Or Best Buy, purchasing a new laptop every other week cuz the other one is in 900 pieces.

lost 65 BB in SHLE today, then I went to NL holdem and built up a 200 bb stack only to have it slide across the table when someone called an allin with an open ended straight/ flush draw after the turn and hit it on the river. Somedays I hate this game.

lost 65 BB in SHLE today, then I went to NL holdem and built up a 200 bb stack only to have it slide across the table when someone called an allin with an open ended straight/ flush draw after the turn and hit it on the river. Somedays I hate this game.
I feel your pain almost exactly. Lost 50BB at 6-max 3/6 LH, then went to 6-max 2-4 NL...Sucked out hard on a guy and managed to build a nice stack, otherwise it would have beena very ugly day. I had AQ, raised PF, flop 8 8 Q, I bet, he calls, Turn A, I bet, he raises, I push, he calls, turns over 8 7 for the trips, river ACE!! Woot!
If you're gonna play SHLHE, get used to -65BB days. They happen often and can get much worse. That's why I can't play that game much anymore.

After a mediocre start to the month and three weeks of languishing in the no-cash desert of MTTs, I won three today. After Sunday, my rolls on Stars and FT had dropped to $100 and $200 respectively, so I decided to play some MTT SNGs to rebuild a bit. Played a $5.50 45-man, $5.50 27-man, and $5.50 18-man. Won the 45-man and 27-man tournaments to give me a bump in BR and confidence. I knew I've been playing well and just needed to win some flips.So anyway, after that was done, I got ready to quit, but the 30k on Bodog was starting, so I decided to sign up and lazily play it (single-tabling) while watching TV. First couple breaks were uneventful...but then I started rushing...and people started dumping their chips to me. I was top 3 in chips soon after we hit the bubble, and I was chip leader with 12 left. By the time we were down to 5, I had like 60% of the chips in play (3 times second place). I did experience some hiccups heads-up, but I never got too far behind, and took it for my biggest payday ever ($7.5k). I'm pretty damn pumped.

As for the biggest pot I've ever played, it was $9,200 a week or so ago in that same 5/10 game. I rivered the second-nut boat, bet less than half the pot and villian tried to bluff me all-in.
Just wanted to amend this. Just won a $14,000 pot on Bodog. Just hope it doesn't all turn into play money in two weeks. I'd convert the hand, but I don't know if I want you all to see my awful preflop call. It would totally contradict everything I wrote out a few posts up. The vast majority of the money went in on the flop when I had top set + FD, but still.Addendum: Just realized I'm sitting with 1/3 of my BR (14K) and someone has me covered. This game is sick.
Just wanted to amend this. Just won a $14,000 pot on Bodog. Just hope it doesn't all turn into play money in two weeks. I'd convert the hand, but I don't know if I want you all to see my awful preflop call. It would totally contradict everything I wrote out a few posts up. The vast majority of the money went in on the flop when I had top set + FD, but still.
Pooooooooost it~~~!!!!

I have even less desire to post it now that I've lost most of it back. I'm stuck for the night again. If I get even, I'll post it, but that's going to be tough. Only two card games going now.

So I kind of decided to withdraw all but $200 today. I left that in there just to play around with.
That kkot was you?Remember bundy2 who bought in 40$, whinning and steaming like hell , slowplayed nut flush on turn , lost to straight flush on river , said lol and went straight to bed?<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal was to turn freeroll winnings ($4.50) into $250.00 by the end of the month playing NL $0.02/$0.05 and $0.05/$0.10 Full ring. Then to turn that into $1000 and go from there. Hopefully by doing this I will learn more about discipline, bankroll management, grinding, and slowly moving up in limits when bankroll allows me to. I'm tracking my results in my blog and would appreciate any advice, especially on confusing hands I might post.I started 6 days ago and currently my bankroll is up to $154.55 after a great day yesterday in which I made $76 grinding these micro stakes.

Well, I put it in another three hour session this morning, and got back what I lost last night plus $1,000. Whoo, up for the 24 hour period! Better than that though, I consciously tightened up my game and saw it yield good results. I was going over last night's session in my mind, and realized that I was playing way too many hands for too much money out of position and firing at too many pots. Did a slow grind upward this morning with much less variance. Since I got unstuck, I tried to look for my big pot from last night, but the Bodog HH thing was down and I couldn't find it.Edit: Nevermind, did find it. Here's a real rough manual conversion.Hero is MP with A :club: J :icon_dance: 3 :icon_dance: J :diamond:Preflop: UTG calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, Hero raises to $55, Hijack raises to $200, 3 folds, BB calls $190, UTG calls $190, MP1 is all-in for $686.82, Hero calls $631.82, Hijack calls $486.82, BB calls $486.82, UTG calls $486.82Flop ($3439): J :) 5 :icon_dance: T :icon_dance:BB is all-in for $1,322.74, UTG folds, Hero calls $1,322.74, Hijack is all-in for $4,709.35, Hero calls all-in $3,324.94Turn ($14,054): T :diamond:River ($14,054): A :heart:BB shows 7 :D 5 :club: 5 :) A :club: (Fives full of tens)MP1 shows T :club: 7 :icon_dance: 9 :heart: 7 :icon_dance: (Three of a kind, tens)Hero shows A :D J :icon_dance: 3 :icon_dance: J :D (Jacks full of tens)Hijack shows K :D K :heart: 9 :) 4 :club: (Flush, ace high)Hero wins $14,054.

Goal was to turn freeroll winnings ($4.50) into $250.00 by the end of the month playing NL $0.02/$0.05 and $0.05/$0.10 Full ring. Then to turn that into $1000 and go from there. Hopefully by doing this I will learn more about discipline, bankroll management, grinding, and slowly moving up in limits when bankroll allows me to. I'm tracking my results in my blog and would appreciate any advice, especially on confusing hands I might post.I started 6 days ago and currently my bankroll is up to $154.55 after a great day yesterday in which I made $76 grinding these micro stakes.
That's quite impressive at those stakes. Good Luck.
That kkot was you?Remember bundy2 who bought in 40$, whinning and steaming like hell , slowplayed nut flush on turn , lost to straight flush on river , said lol and went straight to bed?<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol. I wasn't really paying attention. All I remember is this one guy got a nice bad beat and steamed off at least 6-700 immediately after. I think I want to start playing PLO for real. I guess I made a bankroll for $25PLO last night.Oh yea, GO COLTS!
lol. I wasn't really paying attention. All I remember is this one guy got a nice bad beat and steamed off at least 6-700 immediately after. I think I want to start playing PLO for real. I guess I made a bankroll for $25PLO last night.Oh yea, GO COLTS!
I am always at $25 tables. Welcome!