January Goals

I would work up to 2/4 and 3/6 and 5/10 and so on.I mean, I got back into limit with 750 on Dec 9th, and have made more than enough to play 5/10 full. In LHE, if you can put in hands, you can work up to the next level in a week, even at 1.25 BB/100, which I seem to run at over 30k.I was kinda wondering why you were still playin at 1/2, especially since bonuses and rakeback barely clear there, on most sites.Also, try Tribeca. Victor Chandler has a good sign up bonus going now, and then you can just move to other Tribeca sites and do the same thing.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add some more info about tribeca:1) These games from 1/2 to 5/10 (never tried 10/20, but prolly sucks too) are some of the worst on the net. I'm talking old school PP bad.2) Currently, until the 31st, you can sign up and get a 500$ bonus at AS MANY tribeca sites as you want. It is equivalent to 80% rb. However, it does not clear quickly at full, but very quickly at SH. There is a way to go about signing up at multiple sites on the same network though...This is a great place to play if your playing between 2/4 and 5/10. Lol, just stay the **** off my tables, I like them nice and fishy :club:

I'm thinking about going back to full-ring exclusively because 6-max is becoming very frustrating for me and I'm not winning much. I'm playing a lower limit at 6-max than at FR and I'm winning less in BB/100 and less in cash. However, I'm obviously able to get in less hands per table hour at FR and I can't always find enough full-ring tables to play 4-5 tables and play it exclusively. Does anybody have thoughts on this. I'm a bit concerned that cutting out the 6-max will hurt my rakeback because I'll be getting in less total hands, but it's also at a lower limit than the full-ring so I'm not sure about the effects of that. Zach, Abba your thoughts? Anyone else?

Cinci,I hate SH. Unfortunately though, I need to learn to love it. With the way LHE is going these days, Full Ring is pretty much dead on most sites where you can get RB and bonus, etc. Furthermore, you get WAY less in terms of benefits for playing FR.I think it's pretty much something we gotta suck up and learn, or accept.This what guys like Abba, pp24, aim786, etc have been trying to beat into my head.- Zach

Cinci,I hate SH. Unfortunately though, I need to learn to love it. With the way LHE is going these days, Full Ring is pretty much dead on most sites where you can get RB and bonus, etc. Furthermore, you get WAY less in terms of benefits for playing FR.I think it's pretty much something we gotta suck up and learn, or accept.This what guys like Abba, pp24, aim786, etc have been trying to beat into my head.- Zach
Maybe I'll change my tune after a few thousand more hands of 2/4 FR, but right now I think that it's -EV for me to be playing 6-max. I've been playing 1/2 SH and 1 BB/100 just ain't gonna cut it at that level. Now, at higher levels it's probably better to play SH, but since I can't comfortably play shorthanded any higher than 1/2 right now and I'm killing 2/4 FR right now, I think I need to stick with that until I can grow my roll a little bit more. FWIW, FullTilt still has a decent number of FR games going and while they're not great like Party used to be or a live game, they still do have donkeys and exploitable players. I think right now, I'm probably best off continuing with FR until I can play at least 2/4 or 3/6 SH, maybe even 5/10. At that point, the effect of the rake on my winrate will likely be lower and I'll be making a not insignificant $/100 figure even if I can only win 1 BB/100.

Pretty shaken after today.Dropped 2200 really quick playing a mix of HU and sh and just running like ****.Then played a lot of 10/20 at breakeven to slightly down forever.Take a break come back and literally drop 1800 in 300 hands at 10/20. Really killed me. To make it even worse I battled back to 9600 at one point but after another brutal swing dropped back to 8100 for a total loss of 4250 on the day.Back to the drawing board tomorow, maybe some 5/10 or something.

Ive had an ok past few days. Roughly how i expected the 'average' day to be. Just need the real ZOMG I RAWK days to kick in.Almost exactly even at the tables for January. But $3k in bonus/rakeback/arp. <3

Abba, if you don't like your rakeback deal, why don't you just move up and play 10/20 and 20/40 on Bodog? You've certainly got the roll for it, and I guarantee you could beat those games for at least 2 BB/100, probably higher. All the "rakeback" you're used to getting, you could just get in the form of lower rake at the higher limits. Also, they do have a 10% deposit bonus if you want to clear some bonus money while you're checking it out. Most of my play's been 30/60 or higher lately, so I really wouldn't mind if you came to Bodog. Never mind that I've been sleeping 14 hours a day and hardly putting in any hands.
They dont allow canadians.Ive wanted to join there for a while.

-$500 today.There were two 5/10 full tables going on AP tonight.Does anyone notice a trend? I can't win a session of 5/10 to save my life.I'll spare you guys the details, but they may end up in the blog someday....Ok, teasers:Finally connect when I have AxKd.Flop AdKxTd, turn Jd, river Qx.... villain shows K8d... Drawing to THREE outs to CHOPPPPPPPPPPP. That's more frustrating than losing...Or this one... 8s7s, on a flop of 6s5c4s... how I manage to lose this one is beyond me. I played my relative positon soooooo sexily, built a HUGE pot on the flop and turn, and it goes turn 5d, river 5h... Villain has AA.Or TT < T7... this one just annoyed me because he coldcalled from the button, and I 3-bet from the BB, and obv he flops a flush draw, which is 100% to connect vs me these days.So many other just retarded suckouts. Such a garbage day. I've had losing days in 4 of my last 5. I won $275 last night, and I felt like my downswing was over, but noooooAnywho... bed time!- Zach

That is so disgusting. Just when I was thinking about going back there. I have to find a new site. Crypto is making me insane. Any ideas for a $1/2 player?
I've been looking for a new site and think Everest might be it but haven't tried it yet as I'm still looking for RB, posted about it here.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=84902

Cinci6tabling 3/6 6max @ AP nets you $100 per hour if you run at 1.6bb/100.$30 in rake$30 in bonuses@ 5/10 you get$10 in rake per table$20 in bonus per hour (since they changed teh bonus system)and for that reason, I love 6max.

wait.. what.. how!?
Send me a PM with your email and ill see what i can do...The guy I used to go through doesnt work there anymore but Im reasonable sure you can still get it...Ill try and get u a sent something by the end of the weekend

I think I have too much gamble in me. I always want to play just a little outside of my roll. Not that it went bad or anything today. I ground out a $1200 profit or so. It's just that I'm drawn like a moth to the flame to this game:12linepj3.pngI've only put about 1/4 of my January Stars HE hands in at 1/2, so it's not like I'm playing it all the time, but it's so tempting to sit down when there's somebody tilting and spewing a little. That's the problem with quickly rebuilding your BR by taking shots. It makes taking shots seem like a good idea even when they're probably not. (Note: My BR's a little under 40K right now, so I don't even have 200 BB at 1/2.)I think I just really need to spend some money right now. I've been too sick to leave the house except to get food for the last two weeks, so I haven't really had anything for entertainment except for poker. That kinda leads toward treating it like it's all a big game instead of a way to earn money. And of course, it's always fun to move up levels when you're just playing a game. Oh, one more thing that makes me like playing 1/2, it's just so much more fun playing aggressive opponents than passive ones. I love when I can get thin turn 4-bets in that I couldn't possibly do in a mid-limit game.

I think I have too much gamble in me. I always want to play just a little outside of my roll. Not that it went bad or anything today. I ground out a $1200 profit or so. It's just that I'm drawn like a moth to the flame to this game:12linepj3.pngI've only put about 1/4 of my January Stars HE hands in at 1/2, so it's not like I'm playing it all the time, but it's so tempting to sit down when there's somebody tilting and spewing a little. That's the problem with quickly rebuilding your BR by taking shots. It makes taking shots seem like a good idea even when they're probably not. (Note: My BR's a little under 40K right now, so I don't even have 200 BB at 1/2.)I think I just really need to spend some money right now. I've been too sick to leave the house except to get food for the last two weeks, so I haven't really had anything for entertainment except for poker. That kinda leads toward treating it like it's all a big game instead of a way to earn money. And of course, it's always fun to move up levels when you're just playing a game. Oh, one more thing that makes me like playing 1/2, it's just so much more fun playing aggressive opponents than passive ones. I love when I can get thin turn 4-bets in that I couldn't possibly do in a mid-limit game.
Is the game consistently like 4-handed or less? Otherwise it seems like your VPIP is a bit higher than it optimal. Anyhow, glad it's going well for you.

lol apparently rake update was screwing me on Doyles room rakeback, but they made good and put all the money in my account which is awesome. Damn Iggy you really do have some swings huh? last month you were way down now you are at 40k. I wish I could run it up that quick. Here I am busting out $100 at a time.

Yeah, seems crazy to think that I was all the way down to $600 a month and a half ago. It's definitely nice to be winning again. As for the VPIP thing, I've got an average of 5.3 players at the table over that stretch. I generally play a little on the loose side, although my long-term VPIP with 4-6 players is only 36.24, so I've probably just been getting dealt a few more playable hands than normal over the last little while. I think optimal for me playing 6-max is probably around 34 to 35, as I do have a tendency to 3-bet a little bit light sometimes.

Thinking of moving sites, possibly to doyle's room. Saw an ad for 100% signup bonus in CP. Can someone tell me what the rakeback situation is like there? I play 2/4 6max or 3/6 FR these days...Anywhere better I should be looking at?

Yeah, seems crazy to think that I was all the way down to $600 a month and a half ago. It's definitely nice to be winning again. As for the VPIP thing, I've got an average of 5.3 players at the table over that stretch. I generally play a little on the loose side, although my long-term VPIP with 4-6 players is only 36.24, so I've probably just been getting dealt a few more playable hands than normal over the last little while. I think optimal for me playing 6-max is probably around 34 to 35, as I do have a tendency to 3-bet a little bit light sometimes.
You have way more money than me and are probably a better player...definitely more LAG, so take this with a grain of salt, but...I still think your VPIP might be a little above optimal. I know I've read that eventhe LAGGiest players on 2+2 were running VPIPs of around 30 at 6-max. I know you've posted before that you thought you were maybe a break-even player or so at 30/60 and up on Stars and I wonder if that might be because you're playing a bit too loose. Maybe if you could tighten up just a bit it might help? I dunno, something to think about. Like I said, I'm not trying to sound judmental or anything or say that I think you suck, I just wonder if you might be able to improve your results a little by tightening up a bit.

No offense taken at all. I probably do play a little too loose. Most of the winning players I see are in the 30-35 range. I actually got beaten down pretty good tonight (lost ~14K on Stars, ~12K total), so I'll probably leave the 50/100 and 100/200 games on Stars alone for a while and go back to my fish tank on Bodog.

So yea my bankroll was in shambles and I thought I was pretty screwed. Then in standard pokerstars fashion I go on the best run ive had in a while. +3728$ over the course of 1300 hands all at 10/20 6 max. Graph linked below.http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thankgodgo7.jpgAlso today I purchased a 1500$ bonus thing from pokerstars for 100k fpps. Just thought it would be a nice boost 2-3 days from now when I clear it.Also right around 50k vpp for the month so my quest for elite is going well thus far.

So sick. After losing 14K on Stars tonight, I get on the 5/10 PLO games on Bodog and a couple hours later, I'm almost even. Had to get in a few buy-ins, but I'm at $6500 on one table and $11,500 on the other. There's so much action in this game it's unreal.

So sick. After losing 14K on Stars tonight, I got on the 5/10 PLO games on Bodog and a couple hours later, I'm almost even. Had to get in a few buy-ins, but I'm at $6500 on one table and $11,500 on the other. There's so much action in this game it's unreal.
Sure sounds like its the game you should always be playing.Congrats on the run back to even, always one of the most satisfying things for me when I do something similar.

The last several days have been a real treat.Basically about +$500 every day, save for one exceptional day of +$1400.Almost all at 3/6 and 5/10. A very small bit of 10/20.$5,000 in the past 7 day stretch. Things are starting to look good again. Im now well above my former highest point before the 'crash'.