January Goals

10/20 6 max is so soft its ridiculous. Anyone playing at AP or elsewhere is sacraficing a ton of value. I had 8 tables going all running between 37/10 and 45/20.I felt like I ran pretty poorly and still came out with a 250$ win over the course of a quick 1k hands.Also I tracked my VPPs cause im weird like that. (8:44:02 PM): 10313(8:51:58 PM): 10437(9:04:02 PM): 10630(9:37:26 PM): 11273(10:02:58 PM): 11819(10:02:58 PM): 11819So talking about a ton of vpps gained in a really short amount of time and about 1500-1600 in total over the course of 1k hands.Im at 560k fpps currently. Kinda been thinking im gonna try to up to a 1.5-1.6 mill and get a ncie car.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20/40 on Bodog is softer than 5/10 on FT and Stars. I see 40-50% flops seen there all the time. I think the difference in your winrate more than makes up for the value of FPPs/rakeback unless you're playing low limits. I agree that you can find some good games on Stars on the weekend though. If you get a real tilter or too, the Stars games can be just as good on a Friday or Saturday night. I'll probably be cruising the tables for a good 50/100 game tonight while playing my mid-limit games on Bodog.

Have I mentioned that I love Bodog? 205 hands into the new year and I'm up $2,100. Good to finally be getting some hands in after staying in bed pretty much all week. I'm going to try to keep manual records on Bodog this month, as that DWHG thing's hella buggy, and tends to make Bodog crash regularly.

got 2k hands in today and if not for some donk plays would have been up for the day..as is basically broke even...abbadaba...you mind sendin me the excel spreadsheet? mattnxtc@gmail.com ??? thanks

Just won the biggest pot of my life playing 5/10 PLO on Bodog. Played it like a total donkey too. Called a reraise for implied odds thinking the initial raise came from the button when actually it came from the SB and was likely AA. Also, the reraiser was on mad tilt and could have had anything. So then the initial raiser repots and the reraiser calls all-in. Thinking there's a decent chance that I'm up against two AAs and having good pot odds anyway, I call the 4-bet.Anyway, I make middle pair on the flop, call a large flop bet all-in, make two pair on the turn, and a boat on the river. $5200, SEND IT!(Edited to clarify the action; somehow forgot to mention that I got 4-bet PF.)

After being the suckiest suck that ever sucked, im going to make it easier on myself and reduce forecasts to 100k on the year, so i only have to earn about 2k a week. If i cant do that playing 12k hands a week, i should just give up on poker.I played 4k hands today at 5/10. What a ****ing reem fest. Still up $1,200 for Jan, but for the time ive put in... god. Not good.I cleared about $600 in bonus, arp and rakeback.

So Tribeca is effing insane. Due to the fact that I have to play SH there, and the fact that I'm fairly certain 75% of the players are actually monkeys hired as props, who slap the mouse with their nuts, there is somewhat of a higher variance, well, in my experiences, at least:2800ttah8.jpg

Tell me this isn't a sexy picture:sexyvg2.pngTo be fair, I'm only up a little over $5,000 here as I didn't start winning until my 5th buy-in, but still... I was rather impressed my results on this table.Also up about $2,500 on other tables from the same night.

I could play only 2 weeks last month and i could save enough money for a 5 days Paris trip including new year's eve.This month i will be able to play for 20 days tops.My goal is;To play as much as i can in 20 days,Win around 1200€ and visit Tunusia in early February.

Well, I guess I'm a professional poker player again. Put in a monster session last night, logging 13 hours before it was all said and done. Probably should have quit earlier as I did get really sloppy for a while around the 9 hour mark, losing most of my profits, but sucked it up and pulled back for a strong finish, ending the night up $7K. For those keeping score at home, that would be my best two cash game sessions ever back to back.

I am seriously thinkin I am jinxed at 10nl...went to ft to build up the roll and cannot win a hand to save my life...fortunately between rakeback and 50nl i am way up for the month...just got stacked 3 hands in a row when i was a 90% favorite...disgusting

I am seriously thinkin I am jinxed at 10nl...went to ft to build up the roll and cannot win a hand to save my life...fortunately between rakeback and 50nl i am way up for the month...just got stacked 3 hands in a row when i was a 90% favorite...disgusting
just be glad it came at 10NL, I am shooting for 6k hands in the next three days. I will post how it goes...

I need to stop playing at Tribeca the second I finish this bonus.The Tilt EV is through the roof.The play is sooooo retarded, and soooooo eratic that I don't know what's going on, and the CONSTANT swings are making me go insane, and threaten my overall wellbeing.Combine in the fact that it's 75% SH, and you see why I'm about to jump.I seriously don't think I've ever been this consistently tilted when I play before. I don't think it's affecting my play, but without a doubt, my sanity, and possibly my gf's.My goal is to clear the rest of the damn points (16k) by tomorrow, and I can return to the games of AP, which I think are better, for some inexplicable reason. Oh, and the RNG is 100% more ****ed than Pokerstars'.- Zach

I continue to suck at NL. I pretty much wiped out a nice little positive session at 1/2 Stud8 and some varied LHE by donking off $30 at FT's .25/.50 cap NL game and $20 at .5/1 HORSE. Like I said, I can't play NL to save my life, and I also tend to take beatdowns in Razz and O8.Need. to. stop. playing. those. stupid. HORSE. games.

My goal is to clear the rest of the damn points (16k) by tomorrow...
Done and done.Lost $160 on the day, but cleared the $500 bonus.BR update: $2600ish, meaning we cash out the first thousand in our robusto/financial independance plan.w00t.So, back at it tomorrow with about $1500.Read da blog, even if it is boring.Peace.- Zach

Somebody pinch me.......... maybe something a little harder is in order! It all seems a little surreal at the moment.I've cleared my first major goal, one I set almost a year ago, I've cleared the $1K mark for my BR. And, to make things even sweeter, I final-tabled back to back $10, 180's (although I only managed two 9th place finishes).I wanted to cleared the $1K mark by month end with a $200 profit for the month. So far I'm up just a little over $300.I took another shot at $50nl. Was doing very well but managed to donk it all back to end up even when I didn't follow the information one opponent was sending me. I had QQ and led out a pot sized bet on a flop that contained all lower cards than my Q's. Opponent re-raised me about 3x the pot which screams big strength, but I fell in love with my Q's and couldn't let them go. He flopped a set and I didn't improve. Prior to that hand I was up about $70 for the session. I finished even, but I proved to myself that if I use proper discipline (How can I think QQ is good it that spot?) I can win at that level.Continued good fortune for those that are doing well, and all the best to those that are struggling, keep up the good fight.

Cashed out $93 dollars in a .5/.10 home game I play in after football. Then lost heads up to Timwakefield in a $10 tourney, ******* held the deck on me. played 200 hands of my 6k and I am up $40 wooot.

A little late but...I deposited $150 on Stars on Friday with my goals being--End the month at $300-FT a 4.40 180 man-ROI at a decent number.-Post more hands in Tourn. Strat.Well, I took 2nd in a skipament (gambool) and won $27. Plus I took 8th in a 4.40 for my first FT on Stars. I'm playing well (finally) and hopefully will hit my goals.

Long day for me.Played 4800 hands at 10/20 and dropped 107 bb (-2145)Decided to drop down and play some 5/10. I tightened up a bit in the blinds and overall felt like I played pretty well. Won 120bb (1200) over the course of a little over 5k hands.So down day but definitely gonna just stick with 5/10 for a bit to get back in the swing of things before heading back to 10/20Also lots of FPPs. At 24k vpps so far this year, really hoping I can go elite but its gonna be a ton of work over the course of the year.602,500 FPPS so hopefully be able to get something sweet with those soon.

Zach - $150/hour to break even at the 10/20's on AP if you can 5 table.Get used to 6 max. The large majority of the donaters play 6max when you go higher up.
translation:? You make $150 an hour in rb and bonuses if u 5table 10/20 6max?