January Goals

Oh hi.I crushed this month, waaaay above expectations.So far, profit is at ~$4k.I've even decided to head for Vegas.Actually, I'm gonna take my gf for a trip to somewhere warm for reading week (budget spring break we have in Feb), and basically, flight+hotel in Vegas is cheaper than anything else, and well, ya, obv I pushed for it, since I've never been.Feb 19 - Feb 23 if any of you donks are down there, I'd love to meet up, play some pokah, etc.Stayin at the Trop, haven't booked it yet, just waiting on a withdrawal, and I kinda want to finish the month at AP before withdrawing from there.Either way Trop, Feb 19-23. Hit me up.I'm PHUCKING psyched.Cheers.- Zach
Congrats Dude, that's beyond awesome. Don't blow your whole roll while you're there though. :club:
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January started out great, but the end of the month kicked me in the azz, lol.I was up almost $300 at one point, now I'm down for the month, approximately $150.I made the switch to AP for rake back and bonus. I gave 1/2 limit a try. It was pretty much imposible to get a full ring 1/2 limit game going, or get in on one. So I play 6-max. Good grief, either you are supposed to play draws like they are the nuts, or the tables I played over the weekend were full of donks. Every freakin draw was played by capping each street, multiway. I lost with a set of A's to a donk capping every street until he hit his flush on the river. In fact, I had AA 6 times over the weekend playing 1/2, managed to win with them once, lol. It was pretty freakin sick. I did manage to clear $50 in bonus, but even with that I was down $150 playing 1/2. Me thinks I need to refine my approach to limit.So, I've switched back to $25nl, but I'll never be able to clear the bonus at that level, and rakeback may not be worth it at that level either. I'll wait and see how much rake back will be, but I suspect I'll be better off at Stars.Looking forward to a better February.

Got some live poker in over the weekend. Won some decent money playing 5/10 NLHE for the first time (max buyin was $400...which was odd). Then lost a nice huge chunk playing 20/40 LHE. Then won a bunch back playing more 5/10 NLHE. Then dusted off a nice bit playing a big rebuy MTT.

Got some live poker in over the weekend. Won some decent money playing 5/10 NLHE for the first time (max buyin was $400...which was odd). Then lost a nice huge chunk playing 20/40 LHE. Then won a bunch back playing more 5/10 NLHE. Then dusted off a nice bit playing a big rebuy MTT.
Let me get this straight, you played a MTT ... and didn't win???Shame on you. :club:
New #2 goal: Earn $20,000 in the month of January.
Looking pretty solid on this one unless I hit a huge downswing in the next couple days. Up ~$30K at the moment. Also, my first goal technically said "play over 15,000 hands 2-tabling LHE" so I guess I won't reach that either since I've been playing almost exclusively PLO. However, in the spirit of the goal (overall hands played), I've made it as I'm at about 16K hands on the month. The only goal I won't reach is "lose less than $1,000 in live play" as I've been kind of a donkey in that regard. -$3,500 I think.In news not directly related to January Goals, I talked to someone I play cards with around town who had reservations at the Wynn and was looking for someone to share a room with, so now I'm going down to Vegas from February 6th through the 13th. Had been planning on going next month anyway, so it should be a fun time.
Let me get this straight, you played a MTT ... and didn't win???Shame on you. :club:
Yeah, well...when you can't get 88 to hold against A4 on a JJ4 flop (Turn T, River T), it's hard to win. :D

I don't remember if I stated a monetary goal at the beginning of the month or not, but I've had a pretty good month so far. I'm up about $330ish in 2 live sessions and currently up about $320ish online (though my BR hasn't grown much since I had to withdraw $200 early in the month. I've also cleared almost $200 in rakeback. I've gotten in about 9k hands so far and I'm hoping to get to 10k in the next couple days. All in all, a pretty solid month for me so far.*edit* Just looked back at my stated goals for the month. Check, check and check. My winnings and rakeback are right in line with goal, and I've played almost twice the number of hands I wanted to. I also reached Silver status in the FullTilt Ironman. I ought to just take the last two days off so I don't blow it. :club:

My goal in january was to make 1000$. Well I won 8000$ after the first few days. Since then I've played about 3hrs/week and have won a couple hundred dollars probably. I'm still thinking about my february goals since I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play.