Anyone Else Have Their Full Tilt Chat Cut Off For Insulting A Pro?

I think Logic411 has as much time on his hands as do the same people he seems to bash on a routine basis. He sure has been paying a lot of attention to this thread. But it has been fun watching you guys go back and forth lol :club:
This Judas here happens to be my brother, who also happens to be a Kool-Aid drinker. Of course, he cares so much about public opinion on here he refers to me as though he knows not who I am. Typical poster, sorry to say. Let the Kool-Aid go my brother.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because I think comparing a golfer to a poker player is like comparing a Ferrari to a pine cone.
Am I the only one stuck forever in saying Pine Cone like the guy in Ice Age?PIIINNE COONNNE?Oh yea, and the OP is rascist.And logic411 has some good points.
This Judas here happens to be my brother, who also happens to be a Kool-Aid drinker. Of course, he cares so much about public opinion on here he refers to me as though he knows not who I am. Typical poster, sorry to say. Let the Kool-Aid go my brother.
you love going againist the grain on here. So i havent acknowleged you as of yet but now that you have "outed" us, yes.. Logic411 is my brother, i brought him to this forum and he has been a black sheep to me ever since lol. But i love the guy, and he makes good points, but he does have a lot of time on his hands. and yes... sometimes Kool aid is good on a warm summers day.
I have no tolerance for racist people. Ban Devorzon for life.
thats really not a racist thing he said. like not even a little and like not even at all. you've all boarded the 7:30 express to looneyville if you think otherwise.
yes-it seems like he would be awesome to hang out with just for fun
I hope you're being serious? I can't tell if this is sarcasm.. I was born without the ability
I like this post
Thanks, I think you've made some pretty good points. There is a large difference between racism and making simple comments that deal with race. It would have been a lot better and politically correct had the OP used the word minority instead of black. Anyway.. I don't think Phil Ivey is overrated, even a lot of the pros say that he is the best player. I don't think they say it because he's black. People do say the tiger woods thing a lot, and you really can't blame them too much. I think it's almost human nature in a way. Tiger woods is the one standout black player in golf... Phil Ivey, the only really good famous black poker player I think of.Seriously though, I don't think that arguing on an internet forum will really settle either side on this. But whatever, I'm going to bed
I was waiting for you because you ALWAYS get involved. Me superior??? Not by far. However, I've yet to fall into your little world where I fear going against the majority. I know for a fact, that people on here wait to see where the tide is going before they get involved. That is cowardly. You and your buddy Jeepster seem to be the reigning tag team of public opinion, therefore I will absolutely not be suprised to see a comment coming from you. My point stands. Don't be so quick to pull the racist card or the ban card, because speaking your mind is what the internet was made for. Try to think a little, or if you really want to be adventurous, think independently. BTW, my son's hair is more difficult for me to manage..........."Because he's Black!!!!"
Umm, maybe you find your son's hair difficult to manage not because he is black, but because YOU are not smart enough to figure out how to care for a child's hair.Does an army barber have a more difficult time with a black man's hair than with a white man's hair ? No. They shave everyone's hair really short. How difficult is that to manage ?
Umm, maybe you find your son's hair difficult to manage not because he is black, but because YOU are not smart enough to figure out how to care for a child's hair.Does an army barber have a more difficult time with a black man's hair than with a white man's hair ? No. They shave everyone's hair really short. How difficult is that to manage ?
Hey slick, next time join me when I try to take my son to get a haricut at the local mall and ask for a fade. Don't talk about something you obviously have no experience with. I have to take him to specialized barbers, because the "normal barbers" don't "feel comfortable" with "his type of haircut".
Here come the ban nazi's again. Though his comment may be racist, it is not definitely so. Perhaps he is making a sociological point, referring to society's want for positive black role models thereby elevating people whom they would not normally do so. Or perhaps he's some Hitler worshipping Neo-Nazi? Point is, who are you to decide when there is definitely some room for interpretation?
wtf???Jen Harman's overrated because she's a woman. That Doyle is too damn old to think much less play well. He's overrated.OP stated that in his opinion Ivey is "overrated". Why would one consider Ivey to be overrated? Because he's black. OP's own words. They call that line of thinking racist in my liberal neck of the woods. FWIW OP doesn't know what the word "sociological" means much less have the ability to initiate thought provoking converstation on the topic of race.Going against the grain for the sake of not being one of the sheep does not make one a free thinker. You need to think before you can think freely.I'll take some more kool-aid tyvm.
Hey slick, next time join me when I try to take my son to get a haricut at the local mall and ask for a fade. Don't talk about something you obviously have no experience with. I have to take him to specialized barbers, because the "normal barbers" don't "feel comfortable" with "his type of haircut".
His style haircut is NOT the same as "his hair type BECAUSE HE IS BLACK." Saying that the local barber is not familiar with how to do a fade is not the same thing as you saying you find it difficult to manage his hair. Sounds like you are the one with a predetermined negative view here.
His style haircut is NOT the same as "his hair type BECAUSE HE IS BLACK." Saying that the local barber is not familiar with how to do a fade is not the same thing as you saying you find it difficult to manage his hair. Sounds like you are the one with a predetermined negative view here.
Psst, them saying that is another way for them to say they can't do black peoples hair. Wake up to reality. Predetermined view? It's not a view, it's a fact. Do you have any african american children?

The most ridiculous thing is I got my posting privelages banned because I made the "overated because he's black" remark. I was just going to let it go but had to start this new account to reply to the ridiculous responses I got from my original post. 113 responses and nobody even answered my question. BTW, I got an email from FT today saying I'd get my chat privelages back in a month. I'm guessing Phil Ivey must've got offended and reported me. What a dork. No personality or sense of humor.

The most ridiculous thing is I got my posting privelages banned because I made the "overated because he's black" remark. I was just going to let it go but had to start this new account to reply to the ridiculous responses I got from my original post. 113 responses and nobody even answered my question. BTW, I got an email from FT today saying I'd get my chat privelages back in a month. I'm guessing Phil Ivey must've got offended and reported me. What a dork. No personality or sense of humor.
To directly reply to your concerns:All of the Full Tilt players whose names appear in red are bombarded by chat from complete idiots while they're playing at Full Tilt. Basically, you showed up at Phil's house, talked some smack that was more aggressive than what he was used to hearing, and he didn't feel like putting up with it. He shouldn't have to talk to you or debate anything with anyone or put up with any negative talk on a personal level while he's playing for more than most people earn in a year.
I think the reason your chat was banned is because your comment was insensitive, racially and just generally. It's like saying Muhammad Ali was overrated because he's black - it's just plain not true. Phil Ivey is one of the best poker players in the world, case closed.

I like to make a comment concering the first page before reading everything.Are you all that naive that you think OP was serious about his overrated because he's Black comment. gosh, the PC is gross here. mcpickl made a lighthearted remark about the joke not funny and op says they don't have joke critiques there. Obviously, sarcasm/humor and then his overrated remark Some of you all have no joke meters. Not that it's funny, but it's not racistok... now I"ll read the rest and perhaps be wrong...Edit after reading to this point:He got BANNED! wow. that is freakin nuts. As it turnd out the overrated comment was not a joke (hopefully, saying there are no joke crtiques was sarcasm ) The explanaton that media are quick to compare him to Woods and thus de facto over rate him is not out of line. Had the OP seriously said "Being black, one would not expect that Phil Ivey would be able to add up the chips. It's surprising he ever wins" That would be racist.I am surprised he wasn't joking; but it's still not racist. It's observation.

I think the reason your chat was banned is because your comment was insensitive, racially and just generally. It's like saying Muhammad Ali was overrated because he's black - it's just plain not true. Phil Ivey is one of the best poker players in the world, case closed.
My chat was banned because I made a comment about Phil Ivey's personality. Not even a particulary nasty one. I said that "overrated because he's black" only on this forum when somebody asked who he was, and apparently got my account banned because of that. It's my opinion that he's overrated, that's all. I just expressed my opinion of him and I get banned. And you still can be one of the best of something in the world and still be overrated. I only added in that "because he's black" comment because of the Tiger Woods comparisons.
I'd be curious to see how many of your 38 masterful posts aren't in defense of some random idiot saying something stupid. You seemed to love chiming in about ripptyde and jmoney, and now you're doing it again. Why defend someone who's obviously an absolute incapable of posting anything worthwhile in the first place? Can you really argue that banning people who make ridiculous threads about ridiculous topics would be detrimental to the forum in some way? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon of morons who love to call the mods, and those who support them, nazis?
remember your backer posts. Recall the remarks in there. Good thing we knew you were joking, not being racist.ok...on to the 3rd page...wow,.. unreal guys unreal... quit screaming racism.. on to page 4
My chat was banned because I made a comment about Phil Ivey's personality. Not even a particulary nasty one. I said that "overrated because he's black" only on this forum when somebody asked who he was, and apparently got my account banned because of that.
Oh yeah, well I guess they were just sick of people making fun of the pros. Seems a little overboard though to ban your chat for that. And while you are entitled to your opinion that he is overrated, your opinion is wrong. Maybe somebody can post some cash-game statistics for Ivey...
My chat was banned because I made a comment about Phil Ivey's personality. Not even a particulary nasty one. I said that "overrated because he's black" only on this forum when somebody asked who he was, and apparently got my account banned because of that.
General Rules

Any post that contains offensive viewpoints towards any race, religion or sexual preference will not be tolerated.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...mp;f=7&id=5

free speech bitches, make fun of everyone.
Some people may be offended that Borat constantly talks bad about Jews, but they probably don't realize that Sacha Baron Cohen is Jewish.
General Rules

Any post that contains offensive viewpoints towards any race, religion or sexual preference will not be tolerated.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...mp;f=7&id=5

I understand that rule. But how can anyone with half a brain think what I was saying as racist? How is that offensive? Come on people, give me a break. As I said before, Tiger Woods is/will be known as the best golfer of all time. He dominates the sport like no other athlete has ever dominated a sport before. Now, calling Phil Ivey the next Tiger Woods, because I can only assume that he's young, BLACK, (and an excellent player), means to me that he's overrated, because other great young players such as Dagistno, DN (maybe not so young anymore), Patrik Antonius, and Eric Molina who are never called the next Tiger Woods simply because they aren't black. Comparing someone to Tiger Woods is the ultimate compliment. You can't get any better than being the "Tiger Woods" of anything, in my opinion. So the press calls Phil Ivery poker's verison of Tiger Woods. And it's only because he's black. So to me this means he's overrated because he's black since in my opinion he doesn't dominate poker, or even come close to dominating poker the way Tiger has dominated golf.

let it go Ezz.many posters here are irrational concerning these issues.amazing rush to be on the PC side of this. You won't change their minds.given golf is a lot more skill than poker relative to luck.. no one can ever dominate poker, in like fashion