DN makes a good point about the interview parts being too short. The ALan Keyes interview was like 30 seconds.That being said, still one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I have never laughed harder in my entire life then I did during the wrestling scene, I'm not going to say why because I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but if you have, you know what I am talking about.

Reports are about 75% of this movie was staged? Anyone know if this is true?
Hmmmmm. Gonna see it tonight. My expectations are much lower now thanks to all thats been said already, which is a GOOD thing in my opinion. Overall I've been more dissappointed with most movies lately.
DN makes a good point about the interview parts being too short. The ALan Keyes interview was like 30 seconds.That being said, still one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I have never laughed harder in my entire life then I did during the wrestling scene, I'm not going to say why because I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but if you have, you know what I am talking about.
insta-classic IMO.supertouch gets my vote for best icon and nick. HR 4 EVR!!!!!
Supposedly the frat boys were suing claiming they thought the release they signed only said they wouldn't sue if they got hurt in the RV. Apparently the producers of the movie took them out and got them hammered before filming the scene, either way they looked like idiots.
insta-classic IMO.supertouch gets my vote for best icon and nick. HR 4 EVR!!!!!
i love the bad brains.
  • 2 weeks later...
I've followed news about Borat since it screened at the various film festivals and haven't heard any reports about anything being staged. Where are these so called reports?We've also seen a number of folks coming out to sue and others explaining how they were dupped by Cohen and company so all of those scenes are not staged (that covers most if not all of them).Also, at the Toronto film festival Larry Charles said nothing was staged. However, a certain person who appeared at the end of the movie (don't want to give it away) said that part was setup.
I've followed news about Borat since it screened at the various film festivals and haven't heard any reports about anything being staged. Where are these so called reports?We've also seen a number of folks coming out to sue and others explaining how they were dupped by Cohen and company so all of those scenes are not staged (that covers most if not all of them).Also, at the Toronto film festival Larry Charles said nothing was staged. However, a certain person who appeared at the end of the movie (don't want to give it away) said that part was setup.
idk if it was staged they did a pretty good job but the part when hes in NYC def. was not staged, the naked part running through the hotel might have been, and then ending was defintley staged.But I thought it was hillarious

the movie isnt really "botat" at all really.i have been watching borat for almost 6 years back when he was some dude from albania (cant remember the name) who evolved into borat when it was on british tv. that is the best of borat.the borat in the movie and on the HBO version is just the same stuff from the british show but done poorer.like when he makes out with his sister and says 'she is my sister', on the british one he goes through a line of women like 'this is my wife, this is my other wife, this is my girlfriend, this is my mistress, this is my sister (at this point he looks around randomly trying to not make it obvious that he is doing her) and it is alot funnier.

lol the entire cinema was packed and didnt know what to expect and just sat there as the theme song played without laughing, but as soon as the music hit i just burst into laughter for about 5 mins
idk if it was staged they did a pretty good job but the part when hes in NYC def. was not staged, the naked part running through the hotel might have been, and then ending was defintley staged.But I thought it was hillarious
it is not staged and will never be staged. the dude was arrested 93 times during filming, thats not staged.the way they do it (say in pamela's case) they ring the venue and her agent before hand and tell them that there will be a reporter from Kazakhstan there to film it and if thats ok, they either say yes or no. this is how they get the camera's into the venues and near the celebs and such.lol "agreement not necessary" haha

did you knew that the first part of the movie..where he said he was in kazakstan..in fact he was in a romanian village...and the people there sued him...because they didn't know he was making fun of them :club:

did you knew that the first part of the movie..where he said he was in kazakstan..in fact he was in a romanian village...and the people there sued him...because they didn't know he was making fun of them :club:
thank you for that History CHannel moment in movie facts