the krablar: an introduction tothe besthand in poker

Holy shit, i just realized that K-3 was the hand i took a horrible beat against in a recent tournement. I had poket 5's with a few limpers infront of me, so i also limped in late position and the big blind checked to see the flop. It came K-5-3. Big blind comes out firing, 1 person calls between us, and i raise. He comes over the top, and i just call hoping he pushes on the turn figuring him for a strong king or maybe poket 3's. Turn comes a blank and he leads out for a big bet. I immediatly push all in and he calls. And guess what he has? KRABLAR!!! I smile and get ready to rake in a huge pot when what hits the river?? A FEKING KING!!! He hits his 2 outer on the river to make kings full over my 5's full and knocks me out in the first round.Now that is some Krablar power! :club:

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the first to spread word of the Krablar, that's for sure, but the first to do the dance was a friend of mine ( LordofPlague, if you've ever seen him on Paradise)'s brother.. he was the dance orginator.. I'm not sure if Lord or I were the first to do it in our local ( Olympia, Washington) card room, but I assure you, that's where it came from... in fact, I can't f*$%ing believe how much it's took off... This is cooler than when I liked Tenacious D way before they put out a CD...

I've keep seeing these Krablar threads and ignoring them because I didn't know what a Krablar was. Now that I have finally read one and found out it is K3, I have to tell you how shocked I am am that the Krablar happens to be my favorite hand. I always play it. I win with it so much, my friends get nervous everytime they see a K or 3 on the flop. I've never done the Krablar dance although I have been known to do the occasional victory lap around the table during home games.It's official now ... I definitely belong here.

I've keep seeing these Krablar threads and ignoring them because I didn't know what a Krablar was. Now that I have finally read one and found out it is K3, I have to tell you how shocked I am am that the Krablar happens to be my favorite hand. I always play it. I win with it so much, my friends get nervous everytime they see a K or 3 on the flop. I've never done the Krablar dance although I have been known to do the occasional victory lap around the table during home games.It's official now ... I definitely belong here.
Will you Marry Me?and please, start doing the dance, its THE most fun...
u guys only play K3 so u can do a little dance??? K3 is a bad hand, and if u can't see that u don't know what u r talking about.please enlighten me if i have missed something.
This is an excellent question...Yes, you have missed something.. king three is a TERRIBLE hand, terrible terrible terrible.... there is only ONE reason to play it, to make your opponents THINK you play terrible... that is why you do the dance.. to make sure they know... Now, between you and me, I think the spirit of the Krablar has gotten a little out of hand, and people have been playing in indiscriniatingly just because of the dance. Bad players just need any old reason to play bad... Really, the "Krablar" could be any hand that you make up some wierd thing to do with, to make your opponents think you suck... I definatly recomend tightening way up right after you Krab someone, because you are about to get action, My friend, believe me...
Haha, surprisingly the OP's post is worth the 10 minute read. Long live the Krablar indeed!
It took you 10 minutes to read this ? its a page in a book long
People bitched about how long this post was when It was first posted.. how long are people's attention spans, seriously...
u guys only play K3 so u can do a little dance??? K3 is a bad hand, and if u can't see that u don't know what u r talking about.please enlighten me if i have missed something.
This is an excellent question...Yes, you have missed something.. king three is a TERRIBLE hand, terrible terrible terrible.... there is only ONE reason to play it, to make your opponents THINK you play terrible... that is why you do the dance.. to make sure they know... Now, between you and me, I think the spirit of the Krablar has gotten a little out of hand, and people have been playing in indiscriniatingly just because of the dance. Bad players just need any old reason to play bad... Really, the "Krablar" could be any hand that you make up some wierd thing to do with, to make your opponents think you suck... I definatly recomend tightening way up right after you Krab someone, because you are about to get action, My friend, believe me...
thanks.
i gotta tell you, from what i can infer from the title of your post (it was really long so i didnt read it) i dont think this is going to catch on.
good call just.
He's so Sklansky, and not enough Caro, know what I mean?
  • 4 weeks later...

"Look Mom, I bet the Krablar" story, ( as if beating the Krablar is a hard thing to do) I've decided rather than respond to that twit, I'll dust off the ole Krablar post, and let people judge for themselves what the Krablar is and what it is not. It is a terrible hand. It is suposed to put your opponent on tilt. It is supposed to get you action on your future hands. that is why you dance, and that is why you play it. You don't play it on it's hand stregth, because it does not have any. A good hand wouldn't send your oppponent on tilt, nor would it get you any extra action.. and while doing a dance when you win with Aces would make you a jackass, doing a dance when you win with K3 makes you look insane.

"Look Mom, I bet the Krablar" story, ( as if beating the Krablar is a hard thing to do) I've decided rather than respond to that twit, I'll dust off the ole Krablar post, and let people judge for themselves what the Krablar is and what it is not. It is a terrible hand. It is suposed to put your opponent on tilt. It is supposed to get you action on your future hands. that is why you dance, and that is why you play it. You don't play it on it's hand stregth, because it does not have any. A good hand wouldn't send your oppponent on tilt, nor would it get you any extra action.. and while doing a dance when you win with Aces would make you a jackass, doing a dance when you win with K3 makes you look insane.
Follow the advice of the Krablar prophet, or suffer at the cruel fate the poker gods will deal you for abusing the power of the Krablar.
So, a friend of mine, his brother and I were at my friends house, watching him play. Me and his brother were flipping through the Super/system 1's "Hand Name list" We were up late, and pretty goofy, and for some reason King-3=King Crab struck us as really funny, particularlly since it's such a bad hand. So my friend ends up raising a pot with King Crab, and winning, and my friend's brother stood up, and did this hilarious dance, where he pinches his fingers, and dances back and forth horizontally, imitating a crab. Well, I thought this dance was freaking hilarious. So funny, that I promised I would do it if I got the chance at My local brick and mortar card room. So I'm playing 4-8, and the game is weak, and loosish... 4-5 people seeing flops, not a lot of preflop raising, or raising in general, some calling, but not an insane amount. A solid game. Well, I've been playing tight and aggressive, and I've gotten some what of an image as a rock at the card room, so I don't get the action that I want. Well, on this one hand, there were 4 callers, and me on the button with K-3 of spades. So I raise it up, the blinds call. The flop comes down King-queen-x, and two hearts, I think. Everyone checks, I bet, 4 callers.. * yikes.. but all well.. I didn't get that much stregth from anyone. The turn comes an x, check around to me, I bet, 3 callers. The river comes another x, check around, I bet ( because I wanted to represent stregth here, for advertizing purposes, plus I got no real stregth from anyone else, so I thought my K was proably good) one caller, and I win the pot... I am now a huge fan of the KRABLAR.That is a riot. So the lady, a reasonably good, if ABC player looks at me, mystified, as raising with K3 went way away from my table image. And I said" Well, if I don't raise on King Crab, I won't win with King Crab" A pause, and she nods, still confused... then I say" and if I don't win with King Crab, I can't dance.... at which point I stand up, and Start crab dancing away... now, the entire table is looking at Me like I'm completely crazy, and I cackle Caro style, and stack my chips. Since then, King Crab has become part of my arsenal. I don't play it all the time, and I will only raise with it, taking the lead. I only play it a) if I'm the first one in the pot for a raise B) a loose raise who I have a good read on raises with it, and I re raise. c) I'm on the button with suited crab into a huge multiway pot, where I raise, and hope I get a free card, or what not. Not only have I won a staggering amount of the pots I've entered with this hand ( In my mind, since it's such a seemingly censored hand) I've gotten insane action from it... Every time I bluff with it, and win the hand uncontested, I show it. Every time I win, I ALWAYS do the crab dance. Most of the time, I play a tight, aggressive, ABCish game. But now I've gotten insane action from people, who have gotten the crab dance... It sticks in your craw... here's the thinking " How can that punk raise with King f***ing three! doesn't he know I have QQ (or AK or what ever). Then this punk f***ing dances after he beat me wit hthat rag... I'll show him..... " and then I proceed to punk people with my real hands. Also, the Krabler ( as I now call it) has had unexpected benefits. So this dude, B, who's a young, weak, watched too much TV player, typical weak frat guy type play, but nice enough, plays a hand up front... a whole bunch of callers, including a friend ( albeit terrible player) J calls on the button, and i"m in the big blind with jack-7. Checks are good. The flop comes down 337. I check, B bets out, folds around to J, who raises. I fold, B re raises, and J caps. Now, at this point, I put B on Ace 3, because that's the only hand that makes since for him to have from up front, maybe he slowplayed aces or kings like the nub he is, but I think A3 makes since. J could have had k3, as he is versed in the ways of the Krablar, but I think he would have raised back, so I put him on either Ace 3, or some suited hand with a 3 in it, as he will often foolishly play. But I'm pretty sure B has J beat with kicker. So the turn comes a 10. B checks, J bets, and B calls. Now I think, well, Maybe B does have a pocket pair. A (seemingly) harmless 6 comes on the river, and B bets out, and I'm thinking "Ace 3 it is" J raises B. B makes a crying call. J had 3-6 offsuit, which he limped in foolishly on the button with, for a full house. B shakes his head, turns to me, and shows me... the KRABLAR!!! and whines " Dude, I only played this hand because of you..." and I laugh and laugh and laugh. Not only am I getting more action 'cause of the Krablar, but now nub players at my local card room are playing the Krablar, poorly, weakly, and out of position, because It's My favorite hand. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I just wanted to share with you how thinking far outside the box can pay amazing dividends..
  • 1 month later...

This was the orginal Krablar post. It explaiins, in a nutshell, what the Krablar is. It was also My fifth post ever on the forum. Has a poster ever changed the face of poker before on their first five posts before? I doubt it, but Poker has never been the same since the first FCPer lifted his hands proundly, and said " Pinch Pinch" For any newbie's reading this post, and saying " that's fukcing stupid!! K3 is a terrible hand.... Well no KRAP it's terrible.... it's supposed to be terrible. Krablar is not a magic hand, no matter what the forum seems to think, and no matter what my own staggeringly high Krablar win percentages would suggest. Because the Krablar should be used in VERY specific situations, mostly because you're not getting action 'cause the table is either tight, or think's you're tight. You want people to think you're craxy, and call or re raise your pre flop raises, becuase they think you're krazy 'cause you Krab Danced them a month ago.... It works.

Man if feels good to finally be privy to the elusive Krablar. I knew after long sleepless nights wondering, hoping for an explaination, that it would come to me. I resisted searching for it, as I assumed its mystical powers would find me were I worthy. Lo and behold, I sign on this morning, refresh the main page, and there it is in all of its glory...the original, unabriged explaination of the Krablar. Alas, I have no stories, real or fabricated, about the Krablar, and cannot say with certainty that I will envoke its powers in a future game, but I can rest easier now, knowing that I too now, am wise to the legend of Krablar.

Man if feels good to finally be privy to the elusive Krablar. I knew after long sleepless nights wondering, hoping for an explaination, that it would come to me. I resisted searching for it, as I assumed its mystical powers would find me were I worthy. Lo and behold, I sign on this morning, refresh the main page, and there it is in all of its glory...the original, unabriged explaination of the Krablar. Alas, I have no stories, real or fabricated, about the Krablar, and cannot say with certainty that I will envoke its powers in a future game, but I can rest easier now, knowing that I too now, am wise to the legend of Krablar.

I was posting about Krablar in another post, because it was a ridiculously good win with Krablar. Here it is:I was in my first live tourney. I'd been doing very well, making a lot of money. I was sitting next to my brother, and a few days earlier, I had said something about folding Krablar to him. He said "I wouldn't fold it. In late position, I'd limp, just so I could go "pinch pinch." He doesn't read FCP, but I told him about Krablar and a couple other things exclusive to this forum.So, we're sitting together, and he's played live before, but I haven't. Eventually, I get dealt Krablar (as I always seem to) and I limp one behind the button. No one raises, and we see a flop. It's K-J-X. Turn is a J. River is a king. I bet out moderately on the flop and turn, because there was very little action, and I assumed I was not up against another jack or king. Rather, I think someone held the X. On the river, my bets may have got a bit too big, because I got no action with my kings full.Either way, before I dragged in the pot, I flipped over Krablar (in front of my brother) and said "pinch, PINCH." We both had a good laugh, along with another guy who thought what I said was funny, but who stopped laughing so awkwardly that I knew he had no clue what Krablar was. Hopefully he was one of the people who gave me enough action to make me the chip leader soon after.CT