The "im Not Quitting Online Poker" Thread

I will continue to play as long as there is a poker site out there that will allow me to.
That's my thinking. And really, in just how "confident" do you think the U.S. Government will be able to handle the enforcement of this "law" in a efficient manner?This isn't "The Matrix", where Agent Smith is going to bust through the door one day when you instantly log into FTP and tell me to "stop chasing my flush draw and turn off the computer". This is the U.S. Government, the same government that is just oh-so efficiently handled the whole Katrina situation in the Gulf Coast so swimmingly well (ok, maybe a wrong choice of sarcastic words there, but you know what I mean).People should be mad they passed it just on the principle alone (and because you'll never be able to play on PartyPoker and RiverStars again) but there is no way they'll be able to enforce this with EVERY single gaming company. The only thing it will do is make gaming companies either choose one side or the other, and Calvin Ayre and others like him will have no problem making millions at the sacrafice of never stepping inside the U.S. again. Great point by this consultant:
"If the bill becomes law, they say that U.S. gamblers will still bet on these sites. But rather than using credit cards, they'll employ other e-wallet payment services based outside the U.S., such as NetTeller and FirePay. Frank Catania, former director of gaming enforcement in New Jersey and president of Catania Consulting Group, calls the law "a sham" that won't stop online betting in the U.S. "There are so many alternate means of payment that it is not going to stop what is happening here," says Catania. "We are going to be spending a lot of money for enforcement, and it is going to be worthless." Enforcing the act will cost about $2 million between 2007 and 2011, according to a May 26 Congressional Budget Office report."
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having 7 or 8 FBI agents knock at your door at 6:30 AM while you are in the shower is not an experience you want to go through.errmmm speaking hypothetically ofcourse. Not like that happened to me 3 years ago or anything. but it would definitely suck if it had.
Dear dna4ever,Please make use of a towel the next time you answer the door at 6:30 AM.Thank you,FBI
Dear dna4ever,Please make use of a towel the next time you answer the door at 6:30 AM.Thank you,FBI
I was in the shower, my wife answered the door, you should know this!errr I mean hypothetically
"If the bill becomes law, they say that U.S. gamblers will still bet on these sites. But rather than using credit cards, they'll employ other e-wallet payment services based outside the U.S., such as NetTeller and FirePay. Frank Catania, former director of gaming enforcement in New Jersey and president of Catania Consulting Group, calls the law "a sham" that won't stop online betting in the U.S. "There are so many alternate means of payment that it is not going to stop what is happening here," says Catania. "We are going to be spending a lot of money for enforcement, and it is going to be worthless." Enforcing the act will cost about $2 million between 2007 and 2011, according to a May 26 Congressional Budget Office report."
Another excellent example of tax dollars hard at work.

they can pry my mouse from my cold dead hands

and because you'll never be able to play on PartyPoker and RiverStars again
stars hasnt officially decided one way or the other yet. lee jones himself made a post to two plus two about it.
me too! someone tell it
What did the Feds say when you told them those girls looked 18? I mean c'mon, how are you really supposed to know when it's online?
Viva La Resistance! We need to start protests in every State!
i'm already working on getting the permit to protest on the Indiana State Capitol Building.I'd hope everyone near your state's capitol would start doing the same.
i'm already working on getting the permit to protest on the Indiana State Capitol Building.I'd hope everyone near your state's capitol would start doing the same.
if there is a protest in dc i will hop on a bus and go down there. i cant imagine rallying enough support to go to the states capitals though. i dont think a small group of people would look very good. you need a lot of people.

I'm not a quitter. I don't play a lot online, but I will continue as if nothing happened. Besides, I still have this FCP Superstars thing to win.

You guys can still play online, you just cant transfer funds from your bank to any online gaming site. The BANKS have 270 days to comply, not the gaming sites. Just use neteller or firepay or any of those online banks and continue playing. I took the money off party though, b/c they have elected not to let any americans play, but im still playing on FT.

Having 7 or 8 FBI agents knock at your door at 6:30 AM while you are in the shower is not an experience you want to go through.errmmm speaking hypothetically ofcourse. Not like that happened to me 3 years ago or anything. but it would definitely suck if it had.
What were you doing in the shower that warrented 7 FBI agents...wait, I don't want to know :club:
"If the bill becomes law, they say that U.S. gamblers will still bet on these sites. But rather than using credit cards, they'll employ other e-wallet payment services based outside the U.S., such as NetTeller and FirePay.
Not if all the major sites stop dealing with US customers they won't. We're only two days into the fallout and already Party Gaming and Crytologic are out, and I bet other major sites will be following soon.P.S. Being a Canadian citizen, I could use my bank account to fund a gaming site to place that bet online, heehee. Canada is so pimp.
Not if all the major sites stop dealing with US customers they won't. We're only two days into the fallout and already Party Gaming and Crytologic are out, and I bet other major sites will be following soon.P.S. Being a Canadian citizen, I could use my bank account to fund a gaming site to place that bet online, heehee. Canada is so pimp.
Party isn't out yet. I just logged in and sat down at a table. So yeah the "we are looking the legislation over and deciding what to do"....doesn't equal closing. The small poker sites might use this as an excuse to close but the big boys will be here for quite a while longer.
Party isn't out yet. I just logged in and sat down at a table. So yeah the "we are looking the legislation over and deciding what to do"....doesn't equal closing. The small poker sites might use this as an excuse to close but the big boys will be here for quite a while longer.
they arent out yet because bush hasn't signed the bill yet, they already annoucned they're out as soon as he does though.
did you not see that Party Gaming's stock price was down 58% yesterday ? If I was you I'd get my money the f**k out of there right now. down another 10% todayhttp://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PRTY.L
did you not see that Party Gaming's stock price was down 58% yesterday ? If I was you I'd get my money the f**k out of there right now. down another 10% todayhttp://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PRTY.L
LOL. How does stock price effect my money? The funds you deposit are seperate and secure from the "company" money.