Just Read Republicans About To Kill Online Gambling By Wed. Night

Frist, they say, will succeed in getting the anti-online gambling bill attached to the Department of Defense funding bill... http://www.guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/\This is unfortunate, because it means that all the Republicans who have been touting the war on terror ad nauseum will use the war on terror to kill online gambling--by attaching the anti-gambling bill to the popular and gonna-pass Defense funding bill, online gambling will be made illegal in the USA.We can thank Republicans for banning online gambling. In my experience, many, many poker players are Republican--more poker players are Republican/conservative than there are poker players with a liberal, democrat edge.Thanks to the Republicans, Bush, etc., online gambling in the USA is about to be history--by Wed. night Frist will have gotten the bill attached to another bill that will pass. The senate won't even have to vote to ban online-gambling. So there will be no debate at all about the anti-online-gambling bill.The only positive I see is that we won't see so many satellite players at the next WSOP ME. (Note that poker player newspaper has an article outlining what I called for first right here--not allowing amatuers free access at the next WSOP ME.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frist, they say, will succeed in getting the anti-online gambling bill attached to the Department of Defense funding bill... http://www.guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/\This is unfortunate, because it means that all the Republicans who have been touting the war on terror ad nauseum will use the war on terror to kill online gambling--[b[by attaching the anti-gambling bill to the popular and gonna-pass Defense funding bill[/b], online gambling will be made illegal in the USA.We can thank Republicans for banning online gambling. In my experience, many, many poker players are Republican--more poker players are Republican/conservative than there are poker players with a liberal, democrat edge.Thanks to the Republicans, Bush, etc., online gambling in the USA is about to be history--by Wed. night Frist will have gotten the bill attached to another bill that will pass. The senate won't even have to vote to ban online-gambling. So there will be no debate at all about the anti-online-gambling bill.The only positive I see is that we won't see so many satellite players at the next WSOP ME. (Note that poker player newspaper has an article outlining what I called for first right here--not allowing amatuers free access at the next WSOP ME.
They just got that strategy from the Simpsons. Where's the copyright infrigements?
This is a joke right? They aren't going to BAN it completly are they? As in every site and in every state? Only Washington, right???
BANC'mon, you know that you know what is happening in the Senate--that online gambling will be banned in the USA. Frist is attaching the anti-gambling legislation to another bill. So the Senate won't have to vote to ban poker online. They can instead vote to fund the US military. By making the anti-gambling bill a rider to the defense bill, the senate can avoid pissing off their Republican supporters who play poker. Ironic that maybe 80% of poker players are conservative/Republican. Then look for Bush to sign the defense bill, and by doing so, de facto banning online gambling--making America safe from bad guys with guns and gamblers. Sick.
BANC'mon, you know that you know what is happening in the Senate--that online gambling will be banned in the USA. Frist is attaching the anti-gambling legislation to another bill. So the Senate won't have to vote to ban poker online. They can instead vote to fund the US military. By making the anti-gambling bill a rider to the defense bill, the senate can avoid pissing off their Republican supporters who play poker. Ironic that maybe 80% of poker players are conservative/Republican. Then look for Bush to sign the defense bill, and by doing so, de facto banning online gambling--making America safe from bad guys with guns and gamblers. Sick.
Damnit, if this is true I'm gong to be FUCKING PISSED!!! They aren't really going to ban it right? I mean like, tomorrow I wont be able to log on or what? Explain this to me man, I'm scared now!!!!

We should drag every member of the Senate down the capitol stairs by their hair, toss them in a pile, and set them on fire.I can't think of a single reason attaching a bill to another should be remotely legal. I know it is, but, it shouldn't be.You can rant all you want about the Prez, Congress is and has been our problem for a long, long time.

He is full of **** Corp, this is a joke account. Dont listen to anything this tool says...
What a Fn **** head, I play for a living man, that is why I was so pissed. Ok cool, he is a dumbass with a fake account. He scared me a little, LOL! Fn **** head, thanks man! I can be happy again! I don't want to give up 5K a month!
I raise.
Frist, they say, will succeed in getting the anti-online gambling bill attached to the Department of Defense funding bill... http://www.guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/\This is unfortunate, because it means that all the Republicans who have been touting the war on terror ad nauseum will use the war on terror to kill online gambling--by attaching the anti-gambling bill to the popular and gonna-pass Defense funding bill, online gambling will be made illegal in the USA.We can thank Republicans for banning online gambling. In my experience, many, many poker players are Republican--more poker players are Republican/conservative than there are poker players with a liberal, democrat edge.Thanks to the Republicans, Bush, etc., online gambling in the USA is about to be history--by Wed. night Frist will have gotten the bill attached to another bill that will pass. The senate won't even have to vote to ban online-gambling. So there will be no debate at all about the anti-online-gambling bill.The only positive I see is that we won't see so many satellite players at the next WSOP ME. (Note that poker player newspaper has an article outlining what I called for first right here--not allowing amatuers free access at the next WSOP ME.
YOu are a complete ****ing *******DNA please ban this ignorant asshat.

I for one support the bill that is being attached.I bet Horses online, and the rampant credit card fraud people do has damaged online Horce betting immenseley.For that matter..this isn't much of a ban...Banks have been refusing gambling transactions for years.

I thought it was already quote illegal unquote.

Didn't try the link but heres the obvious spin put the captin obvious tag if you want on me. But Repbulicans have been pushing the war on terror and if you seen the 60mins report last sunday the senator they had on talked about how its a rackettering and money laudering outlit for terriost groups and sense it is off shore we can't enfroce our regulations on them anyway so why even try. So that is how they are going ot spin it onto the defense bill saying that this is a way to cut off the terriosts becuase they use these sites for money and we need to cut off there money supply. They will say something to the effect that if you play online poker you are helping fund terroist networks. The only good thing it is this bill will have to be passed by the house again sense it would be in a differnt form.The respin on the bill could be Paradise poker!!!!!!! and the company that owns it, paradise poker is a UK company that is regulated in the UK and is willing to be in the USA as well. And sense it is a UK company our biggest allie in this war and they support regulated online gaming smart lobbist should be able to use that point to sway votes. Most can't remeber the % of online gamblers are from the USA and they don't want there biggerst group of clients to go away. MGM grand companies had an online casnio but took it off the net because it was unprofitable sense they couldn't have any US customers.

I dont know why y'all are hating on OP. The link is fine if you drop the trailing backslash. The threat is real. Some of the proponents of the ban pull a lot of weight in the senate.

I'm still voting Republican, they are the best choice for the country.I do agree though that overall all politicians are scum and if we started a bonfire with them I for one wouldn't call the waste the minutes calling the fire department from my cell phone.I just see republicans as less scum, barely.