***official Chicago Bears Thread***

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

Like the Gaines Adams trade wasn't tragic enough on it's own, now he died.I have yet to hear how though.
Heart attack, enlarged heart. If he was having pulmonary issues, probably why he hasn't lived up to his potential.
Heart attack, enlarged heart. If he was having pulmonary issues, probably why he hasn't lived up to his potential.
I always find it odd that these professional athletes can have an undetected condition like this. You never hear about someone having to retire because they detect an enlarged heart - you only hear about it when a guy dies.
  • 2 weeks later...
Martz would be a disaster. Gotta think about the personnel.Fewell will be the D-Coord though.
Guess Lovie didn't listen to you Kurt.Lots of former head coaches on this staff.Looking forward to the Greatest Show on the shittiest Turf in the NFL.
Guess Lovie didn't listen to you Kurt.Lots of former head coaches on this staff.Looking forward to the Greatest Show on the shittiest Turf in the NFL.
He doesn't listen to anyone. In fact, reports early on were that Angelo told him no to Martz without even an interview, then they paraded in a bunch of nobodies, and got denied by 2 or 3 people, and seemingly he had no choice but to bring him in. Either this man will make miracles happen, or he'll completely crash and burn, and I kinda don't mind either way. I just hope when things go south, that Angelo is on the hook too, because he's the real problem.
Congratulations Bears fans!Mike Martz is god. Now go get you some kind of offensive line and you're competing for the Superbowl next year.My first 5 fantasy draft picks next year:Jay CutlerMatt ForteBears WR1Bears WR2Bears WR3
Was he god in Detroit and San Francisco?Also, how do we get an O-Line with no draft picks?
Was he god in Detroit and San Francisco?Also, how do we get an O-Line with no draft picks?
Umm, yes he was god in Detroit. Look what he turned Kitna into, and Roy Williams hasn't exactly lit it up in Dallas. What happened the year after Martz was gone? 0 wins.In San Francisco, they had JT O'Sullivan at quarterback, and still went from the last offense in the league the previous year to about a middle of the pack.And don't forget Vermeil used his system in KC when they had the best offense in the league for about 3 years.Mike Martz is god.
Umm, yes he was god in Detroit. Look what he turned Kitna into, and Roy Williams hasn't exactly lit it up in Dallas. What happened the year after Martz was gone? 0 wins.In San Francisco, they had JT O'Sullivan at quarterback, and still went from the last offense in the league the previous year to about a middle of the pack.And don't forget Vermeil used his system in KC when they had the best offense in the league for about 3 years.Mike Martz is god.
I hope you're right.
You know, I guess I'm a sports optimist. Who knew? I'm excited about Martz, and I still am hopeful about cutler .
It is way way way way way too early to throw dirt on Jay Cutler. And I, for one, feel that the Cutler/Martz marriage is a good one.

It all comes down to what can be done to short up the O-line. Without a workable 5 in the trench, everything else goes to shit. Provided they can figure their shit out there, I like bringing martz in. My wish list. Forget the fact we decided to pay Hester WR money. Put him on PR/KR, focus on these tasks.....and if he's up to the challenge, give him the Az-Hakim role in the slot this year. Simpler routes, lots of iso-coverage, it's clearly his best chance for success. It was foolhardy thinking he'd be a 1/2 WR.....but I think he's got real potential gamechanging special teams and then doing the same out of the slot sporadically on offense. I would love to see the bears pursue acquiring issac bruce or torry holt on the cheap. Both are good veteran receivers....obviously well out of their prime, but versed in the martz offense and able to be a veteran WR figure to these young kids, both in general and in teaching this offense. I want to see Bennett in the gym all off season bulking up. Get thick. I want him hines ward-esque.It really, truly all comes down to the offensive line though. Angelo lost a HUGE gamble by thinking Orlando Pace would be servicable. Kruetz is another year older, we have no draft picks. Every pick they have better go to OL or Secondary. And hopefully we can strike gold there and find an actual servicable vet before training camp.

• 1 month later...

Brandon Manumaleuna signed for 5 years.Peppers on his way to town with his agent.Chester Taylor coming to town today.It's better than draft day!!

They better not let them leave without ink meeting paper.Chester Taylor would be a nice surprise. Then... SAFETY PLEASE! Also not liking these rumors about Olsen being on the trade block, because there's a real good chance Martz is only here for a year. In most other systems, Olsen is valuable.

Brandon Manumaleuna signed for 5 years.Peppers on his way to town with his agent.Chester Taylor coming to town today.It's better than draft day!! since we don't have a first or second round pick!
fyp. but seriously, if the Bears can get all three, mad props. that is doing your job as a GM. Bears are legit.
fyp. but seriously, if the Bears can get all three, mad props. that is doing your job as a GM. Bears are legit.
Looks that way. I swear aliens took over the bodies of the front office staff. This is unprecedented for the Bears.ozrSvO2Eap6vlMRM7Gac.png
Taylor signed.Word on the radio is that the Bears are packaging Olsen and Julio Iglesias for Brandon Marshall.
What radio?Seattle is bringing him in tomorrow to try and get a deal done. Which basically gives Denver the 6th pick in the draft.Also, all 3 guys are signed now. Peppers, Taylor, Manumaleuna.