***official Chicago Bears Thread***

For the record, I still think the bears are what I thought they were at the start of the season, a 8-8 team that could be 10-6 or 6-10 depending on the breaks. Well, I guess they could be 12-4 or 10-6 now, depending on the breaks. But no, I don't think they are one of the elite teams in the league. They have 3 things though, that make me optimistic. A Defense that causes turnovers and can turn them quickly into points, which means they can beat any team. Elite special teams which can give them unlooked for points at any time, and in general will cause another team to punt out of bounds (which means the bears will have on average shorter fields. And most importantly , a talented quarterback. This last thing is the biggest wildcard. THe bears will go as far as Culter takes them, for good or ill. He is mistake prone, and he's likely to have a Favrian playoff performance and throw the bears out of a playoff game. Or he could win them a game they otherwise shouldn't have. I think the bears will win their home playoff game, and then lose to Atlanta or Philly on the road. But, given how tough I thought the central was going to be this year, I am extremely pleased with the bears season and am pretty much playing on house money right now w/r/t the bears.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

i dont know, just went thru my rescent posts, not sure where i sound sour...(unless you consider me defending my post agasinst your "sick read" comments sour)
jayzgas_face2.jpghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_grapes
The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables . It refers to envious behaviour, especially pretending to not care for something one does not or cannot have
I also wouldn't mind the Packers in there if they can make it.
jayzgas_face2.jpg
Anyone catch Lombardi on HBO? The media would have a field day with a Bears/Pats Super Bowl....rematch of 1986. I don't think it will happen. Bears O line and Cutler's decision making will determine how far they go. Will be interesting if/when Lovie gets an extension. His contract has 1 year left. Saints and Chargers would be ok. New Orleans is sure flying under the radar.
Anyone catch Lombardi on HBO? The media would have a field day with a Bears/Pats Super Bowl....rematch of 1986. I don't think it will happen. Bears O line and Cutler's decision making will determine how far they go. Will be interesting if/when Lovie gets an extension. His contract has 1 year left. Saints and Chargers would be ok. New Orleans is sure flying under the radar.
Pittsburgh V Philly, the battle of Pennsylvania, rape vs dog murder. it's what the people want.
vs Vikings.....top 3 rec out@ Dolphins....3rd string QBvs Eagles@ Lions..........3rd string QBvs Patriots....got your asses beat down@ Vikings.....3rd string QB, no APvs Jets@ Packersand the bears thru this run, virtually no injuries...so ya, i stand by what i said...
sick stand

JayZ pic master fo realz!But no, not sure I've said it a ton here or not, but I've been saying in person all season, if the O-Line gives Cutler time, he's good! He gets so much criticism for the bad games, but even Peyton showed you this season, bad O-Line = Bad QB.Not sure what happened to the D today though.

jay_z-toast-heykobe.jpg
Money is incredible. Where would Jay Z be more out of place than in that picture? A Klan rally?
But no, not sure I've said it a ton here or not, but I've been saying in person all season, if the O-Line gives Cutler time, he's good! He gets so much criticism for the bad games, but even Peyton showed you this season, bad O-Line = Bad QB.
That was always the biggest criticism of Martz, right? He was more interested in the pass patterns and how to create space and match-ups than protecting the QB. It seems (via the talking heads as I haven't actually been watching their games for the most part) that Martz has been keeping an extra guy back to help out on blocking.ESPN's Playoff Machine!Next week's game is huge. Could be the difference between the 2nd seed and having the bye versus 3rd seed and opening against the Packers (assuming Philly beats Minnesota on Tuesday and then turns around and beats Dallas, which certainly isn't a lock with such a short week).

Martz definitely got a beat down during the bye week.I actually just heard a report today about what happened. They got to the bye week and did some self scouting and decided that trying to install the 'Martz offense' in one season was just too big of a task. Apparently it's still the plan in the future though. Not like people weren't saying that for a few weeks before that, but at least they realized and got it done. I wish Lovie and the staff would have done stuff like this all the years when they didn't have their heads on the block. Amazing what a good coach you can look like when you stop being so stubborn.They're definitely using extra blockers, but even on top of that, the continuity seems to be helping as much as the coaches claimed it would.

Next week's game is huge. Could be the difference between the 2nd seed and having the bye versus 3rd seed and opening against the Packers (assuming Philly beats Minnesota on Tuesday and then turns around and beats Dallas, which certainly isn't a lock with such a short week).
Well then.
First round bye, baby! What a world, what a world.
Would you rather play Philly or New Orleans? I'm pretty sure those are the only two possibilities based on having the 2 seed.edit: since Chicago beat Philly and New Orleans is peaking I guess this is a question with an obvious answer. Better root hard for Philly to beat GB/NYG.