***official Chicago Bears Thread***

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

Would you rather play Philly or New Orleans? I'm pretty sure those are the only two possibilities based on having the 2 seed.
Here is the ideal scenario: Bears beat the Packers to keep them out of the playoffs, Giants beat Philly, Seattle beats New Orleans. That results in Chicago getting Seattle. Then the Giants beat Atlanta, so Chicago gets home game against 6 seed for the conference championship.Can I get some kind of odds on all this happening? Parlay!
Here is the ideal scenario: Bears beat the Packers to keep them out of the playoffs, Giants beat Philly, Seattle beats New Orleans. That results in Chicago getting Seattle. Then the Giants beat Atlanta, so Chicago gets home game against 6 seed for the conference championship.Can I get some kind of odds on all this happening? Parlay!
are u an idiot? st. louis is going to beat seattle.
I bet you can get pretty good odds just on Seattle or St. Louis beating the Saints.
I'm more excited about the bears " Knock green bay out of the playoffs" seed. That would make my year.
Enmity to the Packers aside, if Atlanta wins its 1pm game with Carolina (which it will) would you sit your starters knowing you are stuck no matter what at #2?
Enmity to the Packers aside, if Atlanta wins its 1pm game with Carolina (which it will) would you sit your starters knowing you are stuck no matter what at #2?
which it will?I think if anything this NFL Season has taught us, it's that the favourite is never a sure thing. (i.e. Minny was a 14 point dog yesterday to Philly and won outright, Browns & Pats as well).....
which it will?I think if anything this NFL Season has taught us, it's that the favourite is never a sure thing. (i.e. Minny was a 14 point dog yesterday to Philly and won outright, Browns & Pats as well).....
guess you have not seen Carolina play. I realize that upsets happen frequently in the NFL but very very rarely does the worst team in the NFL beat a 12-3 team with something to play for.
Definitely not the whole game. If either side is up by 14+ then maybe I'd sit them in the 4th. I'd probably be more likely to rest them if we didn't have the bye.
the spread on the game is 14.5, exact same as the spread on the browns/pats, it's not that different at all.
Falcons almost covering after the first quarter.
With the bears getting a first round bye, I imagine they'll play the starters at least into the 3rd.
They have a chance to eliminate the Packers though - don't you think they'd rather have the Giants or Bucs in the playoffs than the Packers? I'm hoping Chicago keeps this up cuz I would love to see Tampa miraculously make it.
They have a chance to eliminate the Packers though - don't you think they'd rather have the Giants or Bucs in the playoffs than the Packers? I'm hoping Chicago keeps this up cuz I would love to see Tampa miraculously make it.
Note I said " at least" teams with first round byes tend to ( and should in my opinion) play their starters as much as possible to keep them fresh. Having two bye weeks I don't think is good, necessarily. Philly, on the other hand, should rest everyone relevant.
Oh yeah, I totally misread your meaning. I was focused on Tampa :club:.Bill Belichick agreed with you too and played Brady nearly the entire game.
well, it's more that I agree with belicheck. in an industry full of overrated coaches, I think Bill is god.

Is it possible that the Bears will be a number 2 seed and still be the underdog for their playoff game?

Well, this basically happened. Run better, Bears, run better. Poor Atlanta has to deal with Aaron Rodgers.