What To Do With $330?

So, here's the deal. I'm leaving for Iraq in about 2 months. I've become insanely bored with poker, and dwindled my bankroll down to $330 from about $1500 via a visit to a great strip club in Niagara and transferring the rest into my TDAmeritrade account.With my remaining bankroll (or 'roll, as the cool kids call it), I'm looking to take a few risks to try to turn it into a good bit more so I can pamper my dogs while I'm in the desert, or even pay off my truck before I go. Beyond the "put it all on black" suggestion that someone will inevitably throw out, I'm looking for suggestions. A bunch of 24+2 guaranteeds on FT? a bunch of 40Ks on Party? Sitting with it all at a $500 max NL table? playing in a few big 100+9 tourneys? Let me know what crosses your mind... only good ideas and those suggested by a special few respected posters will be considered... I've already checked, and blowing it all on a hooker here isn't worth it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, here's the deal. I'm leaving for Iraq in about 2 months. I've become insanely bored with poker, and dwindled my bankroll down to $330 from about $1500 via a visit to a great strip club in Niagara and transferring the rest into my TDAmeritrade account.With my remaining bankroll (or 'roll, as the cool kids call it), I'm looking to take a few risks to try to turn it into a good bit more so I can pamper my dogs while I'm in the desert, or even pay off my truck before I go. Beyond the "put it all on black" suggestion that someone will inevitably throw out, I'm looking for suggestions. A bunch of 24+2 guaranteeds on FT? a bunch of 40Ks on Party? Sitting with it all at a $500 max NL table? playing in a few big 100+9 tourneys? Let me know what crosses your mind... only good ideas and those suggested by a special few respected posters will be considered... I've already checked, and blowing it all on a hooker here isn't worth it.
Yeah, I'm a fan of playing with your entire BR on a $400max NL table. Maybe 2-table $200max NL.

basically, just figure out what you're goal is.if you do something like play a few SNGs or put it on a 400-max table, it's extremely likely you lose it all. more importantly, its unlikely anything great happens.if you're looking for one big score, i recommend playing a couple big MTT's. buy into 3 100+10's or something and look for a big cash. at least then, on the unlikely chance (no offense) that you get lucky and hit something, it'll be something big.

Play a bunch of qualifiers to bigger buyins and gamble with the results. I wouldn't often buy into a $100 tourney but I have played quite a few with qualifiers.

Play a bunch of qualifiers to bigger buyins and gamble with the results. I wouldn't often buy into a $100 tourney but I have played quite a few with qualifiers.
I like this idea... although, to be honest, I have an attention span just slightly greater than that of a dog chasing it's own tail.Where's the best place for SNG sats to solid buy in tourneys?
I guess you missed the whole part about me being employed by the US govt, which clearly drug tests often.
oh yeah. well i suggest the 330 hu sng then. best of luck over there.

why cant you guys give this man a serious answer....did you not read he is going to ****in Iraq....while you dooshes are wakin up at noon jerkin off and playing 1/2 NL in your undies this man is fighting OUR war show him some goddamn respect and advise him about his 300 bucks without your wise *** BS. The guy is posting on a forum from the middle of sh*thole central. Show him some damn respect and put the smart *** crap on the backburner for one minute....tyvm have a nice day

why cant you guys give this man a serious answer....did you not read he is going to ****in Iraq....while you dooshes are wakin up at noon jerkin off and playing 1/2 NL in your undies this man is fighting OUR war show him some goddamn respect and advise him about his 300 bucks without your wise *** BS. The guy is posting on a forum from the middle of sh*thole central. Show him some damn respect and put the smart *** crap on the backburner for one minute....tyvm have a nice day
calm down, smartasses make my day go by faster. Humor makes me laugh, or somethin. Thanks for the support, though... check out my new HILARIOUS joke.Q: How do you know we're getting destroyed in the current war?A: We're sending a bunch of fucking Intel analysts to Iraq with f'ing guns!
$20 180 man sit-n-gos on stars. perfect for the impatient and the winner gets a cool grand!
I like this idea... although, to be honest, I have an attention span just slightly greater than that of a dog chasing it's own tail.
I'd be happy to be the guy you are covering... :club:

just show the man some love, he is posting on FCP from one of the biggest sh*tholes on planet Earth looking for a small dose of reality. Ive been to the Middle East myself, and trust me... you can't wait to come home. The guy is a poker player in the middle of sh*t-central so lets say YO whats up and cease with the BS 1 liners. He loves poker....we love poker...end of story. damn cmon people