Poker + Chronic = Cash$$money

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smoked alot when I was young, ended up in a recovery house.I paid the price for ignoring warnings from 'authorities'.You're all big boys, but as tough as you think you are, drugs are tougher.You will lose in the long run.Good Luck
I agree with you that if you take drugs you will lose in the long run, but weed is no drug. Cocain Heroin all them prescription pills ect. those are drugs
anyone who wanted to get baked and play me heads feel free to challenge me. Just one little binger will brighten up your day!
I challenge you, 5$ Hu sitngo on FCP. baby

I used to smoke when playing...I found that after the peak it gave me an amazing ability to read players. But it had to be a mellow high. You know how when you're high you think everything's a conspiracy and have all these crazy theories and ****. If you get that effect at the table, you think everyone's bluffing. You try check raising with nothing.But if you realize this, even in your highness, it can be avoided. Also if you are playing high on PP as the 10 seat male, notice that he winks when he wins a pot. Seriously.

I used to smoke when playing...I found that after the peak it gave me an amazing ability to read players. But it had to be a mellow high. You know how when you're high you think everything's a conspiracy and have all these crazy theories and ****. If you get that effect at the table, you think everyone's bluffing. You try check raising with nothing.But if you realize this, even in your highness, it can be avoided. Also if you are playing high on PP as the 10 seat male, notice that he winks when he wins a pot. Seriously.
yeah paranoia is a biatch.

I love this thread.Smoking weed and thinking it has positive benefits has got to be stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Let's go over the negatives first shall we?1. it costs money. you're burning up money for a temporary high. it's also seeming to cost more every year. not to mention all the money you spend on munchies, bongs, pipes, clips, paper, etc2. it's illegal in most places. so now you risk paying fines or going to jail3. it's unhealthy. it damages your lungs, it messes with your sex drive... not to mention that you might get a "bad batch" that is laced with some other drug and then that's a whole new world of crap4. you become mentally impairedLet's go over the reasoning that "smoking weed makes you focus better". What a load. It makes you act retarded and think you're not wrong about anything. You want to know why you think smoking weed helps you focus? Because you're so stoned that you have no idea what you're doing. If you smoke it every day, it will get to the point where you're pretty much a useless pot smoking idiot who doesn't realize anything is wrong.Think about it like this... weed effects your judgement. Therefore anything you're thinking about while high might not be in good judgement, but you'll think it is... because you're high.Before any pothead jumps in and says "shut up mannn u need to loosen up I bet u never smoked b4!" Then I'll tell you that yes I have, and I did it for a year straight, nearly every day... and it's the only thing in my life that I regret. I quit cold turkey and months later it was like I was a different person. I had my life back and I wasn't a f***ing zombie. When I was high all the time it was like I didn't care what was going on around me and I was in fantasy land. This is not a good thing. This is escaping reality and that is not the answer to your problems.

I love this thread.Smoking weed and thinking it has positive benefits has got to be stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Let's go over the negatives first shall we?1. it costs money. you're burning up money for a temporary high. it's also seeming to cost more every year. not to mention all the money you spend on munchies, bongs, pipes, clips, paper, etc2. it's illegal in most places. so now you risk paying fines or going to jail3. it's unhealthy. it damages your lungs, it messes with your sex drive... not to mention that you might get a "bad batch" that is laced with some other drug and then that's a whole new world of crap4. you become mentally impairedLet's go over the reasoning that "smoking weed makes you focus better". What a load. It makes you act retarded and think you're not wrong about anything. You want to know why you think smoking weed helps you focus? Because you're so stoned that you have no idea what you're doing. If you smoke it every day, it will get to the point where you're pretty much a useless pot smoking idiot who doesn't realize anything is wrong.Think about it like this... weed effects your judgement. Therefore anything you're thinking about while high might not be in good judgement, but you'll think it is... because you're high.Before any pothead jumps in and says "shut up mannn u need to loosen up I bet u never smoked b4!" Then I'll tell you that yes I have, and I did it for a year straight, nearly every day... and it's the only thing in my life that I regret. I quit cold turkey and months later it was like I was a different person. I had my life back and I wasn't a f***ing zombie. When I was high all the time it was like I didn't care what was going on around me and I was in fantasy land. This is not a good thing. This is escaping reality and that is not the answer to your problems.
:club: Good post. You can't play your best under the influence of a drug that impairs your judgement.
it does have positive benefits. it's fun!lets take these one at a time.point #1--it costs money. true. but its my money and I can spend it as I please. I dont think its going to break me. I can afford what I buy. Pretty much everything you buy is temporary. Tickets to a ballgame...it lasts only 3 hours on average. was that a waste? I go buy food and eat it....it tastes good for only a few seconds before I digest it. a waste?point #2---a given. but if you are smart about it you are not going to freaking jail. know your laws dont ever have enough that they can charge you with intent to distribute. and if you just do it at home...you are fine. cops dont bust down your door for smoking pot.point #3---a good point. the health thing is the only thing I worry about. so I bought a vaporizer...reduces my health risks greatly. I suggest them to all. a bad batch? I suppose that is possible if you buy from shady random people.point #4---if your system cant handle some pot you probably didnt have enough brain cells to begin with.basically your point is that pot, like everything else, is best done in moderation and with some common sense.thanks for the enlightening sermon. maybe the problem is that you were unable to find a way to smoke pot but not do it every damn day and with a modicum of intelligence.
3. not to mention that you might get a "bad batch" that is laced with some other drug and then that's a whole new world of crap
That's the funniest thing I've ever hear in an argument against drug use. Yes, all drug dealers take more expensive drugs and add it to their least expensive product without their customers knowing what to come back to ask for so they flip out not knowing what's going on and come back for more. Makes sense to me!!!!As far as you "using" pot everyday for a year, it damages any point you had. There's drug use, and drug ABuse. It's the same for all vices in life. The only drug I've never done(that I know of) is heroin. I haven't for the simple fact that it is PHYSICALLY addictive, and I know my personality. Figure out WHY you had to smoke yourself into oblivion everyday instead of blaming the pot for making you a zombie, and you'll learn a lot more about yourself.
lol fcp is full of stoners.f*ck yeah!
You're still an idiot.
That's the funniest thing I've ever hear in an argument against drug use. Yes, all drug dealers take more expensive drugs and add it to their least expensive product without their customers knowing what to come back to ask for so they flip out not knowing what's going on and come back for more. Makes sense to me!!!!As far as you "using" pot everyday for a year, it damages any point you had. There's drug use, and drug ABuse. It's the same for all vices in life. The only drug I've never done(that I know of) is heroin. I haven't for the simple fact that it is PHYSICALLY addictive, and I know my personality. Figure out WHY you had to smoke yourself into oblivion everyday instead of blaming the pot for making you a zombie, and you'll learn a lot more about yourself. You're still an idiot.
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME...47-c589c01ca7bf"After contacting the students, deputies performed a field test on the pot, which found traces of heroin. The marijuana will also be tested by a Douglas County or Colorado Bureau of Investigation lab to confirm the results.The sheriff's office says lacing marijuana with heroin is not an uncommon tactic used by drug dealers."Took me all of 5 seconds to find an article on it. It's not like it doesn't happen. Your sarcastic reply only makes you look foolish.I didn't smoke it every single day, and I didn't smoke it all day long. It was just that my friend got me into it and nearly every day at lunch he'd have pot and want me to smoke with him, so I'd smoke a joint or a bowl or whatever. But still it consumed my life even when I only did it for short periods of time. All my friend wanted to do was smoke pot, find out where he could get some pot, find out where we could go and smoke some, find out new ways to make bongs, find bongs or pipes, dig up some money to buy some pot, etc etc etc...He eventually got involved with selling it himself.I wasn't addicted to it, and no I don't think marijuana is addictive, but I think the feeling of being high is so inviting that people form something close to an addiction with it.
That's the funniest thing I've ever hear in an argument against drug use. Yes, all drug dealers take more expensive drugs and add it to their least expensive product without their customers knowing what to come back to ask for so they flip out not knowing what's going on and come back for more. Makes sense to me!!!!As far as you "using" pot everyday for a year, it damages any point you had. There's drug use, and drug ABuse. It's the same for all vices in life. The only drug I've never done(that I know of) is heroin. I haven't for the simple fact that it is PHYSICALLY addictive, and I know my personality. Figure out WHY you had to smoke yourself into oblivion everyday instead of blaming the pot for making you a zombie, and you'll learn a lot more about yourself. You're still an idiot.
So...you have done crack, pcp, acid, lsd, ecstacy, oxy, meth, and a long list of other drugs without a problem?
So...you have done crack, pcp, acid, lsd, ecstacy, oxy, meth, and a long list of other drugs without a problem?
i thought the same thing when I saw that.....wow.I am down with the ganj. shrooms are way too intense...never tried anything else.

Lately, I've been playing Madden at the same time as I play a 10-man sng. I don't start paying full attention to the poker game until it's down to 4 people. This strategy has been working pretty well.

I choose not to change what works. Listing players (both online and live) that smoke pot regularly and are still considered elite would take longer then I have time for. Maybe guys like Ari would be more successful sober, but who's going to tell someone that dominates consistently that what they are doing isn't working and they should change? Next time I talk to him, I'll let him know about the 'mentally impaired' part.People are free to have their own views on life, and how to live it. Be careful getting off your high horse.