The Allen Cunningham Appreciation Thread...

Well..I was having problems with my PPV, but somehow..it came on after the first hour of play and stayed on for the whole thing.I saw some things that were historic....I know that there have been some insane donk plays in WSOP history, but the Richard Lee blood letting with friggin JJ was painful to watch. PAINFUL, because it was such a horrible play, and it probably cemented Gold's win.Now for our hero...Allen Cunningham. That was pure mastery. I had a big sh1t eating grin on my face watching him play. I had that grin because i was witnessing what my game resembles at it's absolute grade A+ best. That is Allen's normal performance, I am sure. WHat a player.Of course, i have said this before and it is cliched', but, there is NO JUSTICE in poker. The cards don't know who deserves what, and who is better.it is very likely that Allen Cunningham was dealt junk (he got coolered to boot) all night, and his pure skill kept him in contention. he could never catch that wave to carry him home. I know that Allen is a rich man and he is now 3.6 million richer so i shouldn't feel sorry for him, but I do.Do you need more evidence that this is not chess?Tip of the hat and a toast to Allen Cunningham...WHAT A PLAYER.

Well..I was having problems with my PPV, but somehow..it came on after the first hour of play and stayed on for the whole thing.I saw some things that were historic....I know that there have been some insane donk plays in WSOP history, but the Richard Lee blood letting with friggin JJ was painful to watch. PAINFUL, because it was such a horrible play, and it probably cemented Gold's win.Now for our hero...Allen Cunningham. That was pure mastery. I had a big sh1t eating grin on my face watching him play. I had that grin because i was witnessing what my game resembles at it's absolute grade A+ best. That is Allen's normal performance, I am sure. WHat a player.Of course, i have said this before and it is cliched', but, there is NO JUSTICE in poker. The cards don't know who deserves what, and who is better.it is very likely that Allen Cunningham was dealt junk (he got coolered to boot) all night, and his pure skill kept him in contention. he could never catch that wave to carry him home. I know that Allen is a rich man and he is now 3.6 million richer so i shouldn't feel sorry for him, but I do.Do you need more evidence that this is not chess?Tip of the hat and a toast to Allen Cunningham...WHAT A PLAYER.
Well Said.

That call with A9 for a decent pot was sick.His aggression was sick.His QJ call, not-so-sick =P... but even at the time and especially now I am pretty sure what was going through his head (AK or under pair he had odds to call).He was the only one at the table showing aggression and took down a ton of pots.I think he was the only one who picked up Jamie's humongous tells though.The other players turtled up but he kept pounding away hoping to get in a big pot with Jamie. It was phenomenal to watch.

That call with A9 for a decent pot was sick.
I had a buddy over and we were analyzing the hand as it was going down...My buddy said during the hand that Allen was gonna bone him with a "big hand" as Gold bluffed off his chips...I thought that Allen had a weak holding...but a pair...and that he was gonna call him down.When ACE FRIGGIN HIGH got showed down for the winner..you would have thought that we had just won the lottery with all the high fiving and fist pumping that went on.WHAT A HAND...what a call.

Alf you should start a fan club, a serious one not like V.2Seriously...when he lost, I was on tilt. I dont think I've ever been tilted when someone not named me was busted. It was disgusting. This is gonna be one garbage year for poker.

i wanted to cry. it sucked seeing him lose that race. the way the nite was goin for him u figured he wasnt goin to have the TT hold. also sucked when u bet 40$ for that bodog bet on the top 200 tournament monkey makers and that piece of shyt donk snatches 1400 away from ur own hand =/

HiI would have liked to hear him speak after he busted. I'm sure Matusow felt like it was the end of the world last year but he still gave interviews afterwards. I am guessing that he didn't give an exit interview because he felt that he *didn't* play his grade A+ game.At points, Cunningham was devastating, mixing it up beautifully, getting in there when no-one else was challenging Gold, and that call with A9 was just incredible....but I wonder what would you all be saying if Gold had made the call with QJ, that's all

I was following the action most of the night on the GREAT :club: Cardplayer updates......was bumbed when Allen got busted. It seemed that most of the time he raised they either got out of his way or came back over the top for all his chips. I think they all knew he would out play them if they played poker so they just played ALL IN with him.

HiI would have liked to hear him speak after he busted. I'm sure Matusow felt like it was the end of the world last year but he still gave interviews afterwards. I am guessing that he didn't give an exit interview because he felt that he *didn't* play his grade A+ game.At points, Cunningham was devastating, mixing it up beautifully, getting in there when no-one else was challenging Gold, and that call with A9 was just incredible....but I wonder what would you all be saying if Gold had made the call with QJ, that's all
it may be a donk call but hes sitten with 50million in chips and its 6 million with KJ suited to take out the best polayer left in the tourney come on wouldnt we all call with a decent chance to take out allen and he had better he was a coin flip he knew thats the best he could get it in against allen so he had to...i dont fault the 6 million call with KJs when you have 50 million and allens all in
I had a buddy over and we were analyzing the hand as it was going down...My buddy said during the hand that Allen was gonna bone him with a "big hand" as Gold bluffed off his chips...I thought that Allen had a weak holding...but a pair...and that he was gonna call him down.When ACE FRIGGIN HIGH got showed down for the winner..you would have thought that we had just won the lottery with all the high fiving and fist pumping that went on.WHAT A HAND...what a call.
That sure was Awesome to watch! :club:
it may be a donk call but hes sitten with 50million in chips and its 6 million with KJ suited to take out the best polayer left in the tourney come on wouldnt we all call with a decent chance to take out allen and he had better he was a coin flip he knew thats the best he could get it in against allen so he had to...i dont fault the 6 million call with KJs when you have 50 million and allens all in
He didn't know he was a coimflip and you are risking doubling up the best player at the table with a marginal hand. I see how people say he has a lot of chips so it doesnt matter well thats the opposite of waht he should be doing right there.I love how you threw that kj sooted in there.KJ he would of folded right away but it was sooooooooooooooooootedCalling allins with king jack is -EV

I think that the hand that really ended Allen's chances was the one where Wasicka bluffed him off TT on a board of something like AAJ9 (3 hearts). Wasicka bet, Allen raised, and Wasicka pushed all in. Allen folded and Wasicka flipped over KQ diamonds.Good read by Wasicka, but I think that hand was the beginning of the end for Allen.

I agree with everything ya said. First off, Allen got cut down the whole final table. He could'nt win a pot to save his life. Either he would just get reraised or he would get coolered. Its amazing how he doesn't go broke with a 9 on 998 board. Its all because Allen is a champion and he deserved to be the 2006 WSOP champion. He played his heart out, he never got anything to play with and when he did, he got coolered. It would've been really great for Allen to win, not only would he get the much needed respect he deserves but he would be an excellent ambassador for poker. Allen's bustout hand was horrible. I'm sick of all the noobs saying Jamie definitely should've called because he shouldn't have. You're just going by results, Allen could've EASILY had KK there and then nobody says it was a good call. Even if it was a squeeze, you can't call there. Allen could be squeezing with A5 and then you're a 60/40 dog. Truely Allen played great poker and its a really sad day for poker. Allen Cunningham forever!

I agree with everyone here. Alf, when you guys jumped at the A9 call you were only 2 of probably hundreds of thousands doing the same thing. I woke the girlfriend up from screaming a couple times.He played his heart out like you said and the cards just weren't hitting for him. It was brutal but he played amazing for what he had. I can't wait to see the final version with the lipstick cams.

Its amazing how he doesn't go broke with a 9 on 998 board.
i thought Allen played AWESOME, but there was no possible way he COULD go broke on that hand, he was leading the whole way, Gold never reraised him so how could he go broke? he never had a chance to call off his chips, he might have if Gold pushed on the end, I say credit goes to Gold on that hand for reading Allen as strong and just check-calling the river.