Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also this happened - according to Cardplayer's last update the blinds were 4000/8000 at this point...Andres Korn EliminatedFollowing a large preflop raise by Max Reele, Andres Korn calls and is all-in for his last $200,000. Reele turns over AdiamondAheart and Korn shows 10spade9diamond. The flop comes Q-7-7. The turn gives Korn a straight draw when the 8diamond hits. The river is the 8spade and Andres Korn has been eliminated. Max Reele now has $590,000. Calls all in with ten-high with over 20 BBs?????

Greg Raymer is still alive in the Main Event!!Cohen_Sabyl.JPG:club:
First of all, these Raymer jokes are cruel. Secondly if that were Grag Raymer he would be wearing a Poker Stars hat.

Rizen doubles up through Beatiful Man again! by Lenny on 8/6/2006 20:38 Beatiful Man raises preflop, Rizen re-raises, Beatiful Man pushes all in. Rizen thinks for a while and calls reluctantly. Rizen is in bad shape with A-J vs Clint Brotherton's A-Q. The board comes Q-J-x making Beatiful man 90% to win. Then a miracle jack came on the turn and another on the river making QUAD jacks for Rizen!Beatiful Man is still in but crippled with very few chips left. I hate to see a fellow Pocketfiver go down like that, but at least the chips went to a guy we all know and love. Rizen now has about 2 million chips and is a huge force to reckon with. __________I know Rizen flat out PWNS.. but (ahem) :club: B-man 90% fav on the flop what a monumental suckout. TY entire stack with A/JosGoooo Tiffany Williams !!! Oh she's out already B)

The last woman is outSun Aug 06 21:24:00 PDT 2006Sabyl Cohen Eliminated in 56th Place ($123,699)Full Tilt Poker Qualifier Sabyl Cohen gets all-in with K :club: 8 :D versus Erik Friberg with J :D 10 :) . The board comes A :) Q :) J :club: 4 :D 8 :P and Friberg takes the pot with a pair of jacks. Sabyl Cohen was the last woman remaining in the event.

Greg Raymer is still alive in the Main Event!!Cohen_Sabyl.JPG:club:
That can't be Raymer - he is sponsored by Pokersta-OH! You trickster!

Where is ELLIX POWERS?!Siddharth Jain Makes A Great CallSiddharth Jain raises to $97,000 from middle position. Jamie Gold calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q diamond 6 club 6 heart and Gold checks. Jain bets $160,000 and Gold calls. The turn is the 10 spade and both players check. The river is the Q spade and Gold bets $125,000. Jain thinks for awhile and calls, showing J diamond 8 spade. Gold mucks his hand, and Jain's Jack high is good for the pot. After the hand, Jain is up to $3,465,000 in chips. Gold is now down to $6,950,000.

Where is ELLIX POWERS?!Siddharth Jain Makes A Great CallSiddharth Jain raises to $97,000 from middle position. Jamie Gold calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q diamond 6 club 6 heart and Gold checks. Jain bets $160,000 and Gold calls. The turn is the 10 spade and both players check. The river is the Q spade and Gold bets $125,000. Jain thinks for awhile and calls, showing J diamond 8 spade. Gold mucks his hand, and Jain's Jack high is good for the pot. After the hand, Jain is up to $3,465,000 in chips. Gold is now down to $6,950,000.
Was that a call to win the pot or just to see what Gold had?I'm asking for speculation, of course.
Was that a call to win the pot or just to see what Gold had?I'm asking for speculation, of course.
Gold was just exerting some sort of mind control test over him, in preparationfor taking his chips later on.Not that anyone cares about the wsop(ie, the biggest tournament ever by far) now that daniel is out, but jamie gold is leading by about 9 million chips, or 3 times second. this is pretty likely to be some sort of record.

Has there ever been a chop offer at the the WSOP? just curious.cant imagine anyone would due to all the pride, prestige, and especially since only 1 person can get the bracelet.Main even 1st place 12 million, 2nd place 6 million. Nice big jump for what will most likely be a coin flip ending.

Brenes is out... oh well...Cunningham is the last name player... let's wish him good luck and see where the cards fallbb

Brenes is out... oh well...Cunningham is the last name player... let's wish him good luck and see where the cards fall
Uh, last I looked Jeffrey Lisandro and Prahlad Friedman were still sitting with nice stacks...Also Eric Lynch (Rizen), who is not a well-known player but will be after this.
Uh, last I looked Jeffrey Lisandro and Prahlad Friedman were still sitting with nice stacks...Also Eric Lynch (Rizen), who is not a well-known player but will be after this.
Ok, my fault:Restated it would say "last very well known and regarded name player.":)Down to 33 from what I can tell, they're dropping fast. Supposed to stop at 27, right?bb