playing with the chips all day. Talk about nasty. Id get some of that hand sanitizer gel that evaporates as it kills all the germs. If i was there Id have a small tube off it on me at all times.

You're right. The chips are covered with bugs.The danger isn't so much in getting them on your hands, but on moving them from your hands to your nose, mouth, eyes, etc.1. Hand sanitizer would help.2. Keep your hands away from your face. Daniel leans on his hand when he thinks. He also puts his hand to his mouth when he thinks. He should stop that habit of moving his hands to his face if he wants to reduce his risk of catching colds.3. Try to keep regular hours and get enough rest. Being off-schedule and/or tired decreases the body's ability to fight infection.Good point, jooka. Maybe you have started a thread that will actually help anyone who reads it!Does anybody know how to get this info to DN? It might help. :club::D:D llou ... RN, PhD

Yeah, hand sanitizer and Airborne tablets...And a bubble to live in.
I'm sorry, what did u say? I was looking at ur avatar. :club:

Some fine advice, but it's not so much the hand shaking as it is the room filled with thousands of people, all breathing the same air. And that cannot be avoided. Sharing the same cards is the same as shaking someone's hand, and you do that all day long. As long as you don't stick your fingers in your mouth, it shouldn't be a problem. Just take some Vitamin C every day as a preventative measure and don't worry about the hand shaking.My two cents.

Everyone knows a good premium cigar will kill any and all airborn germs and viruses. It will also destroy any chance of the cold virus making a home in your mouth or throat.It's so simple guys.

I disagree.THe germs on the chips most likely come from contact with others hands. Thus shaking hands (direct contact with the source) would transfer many more germs.While the chips may be dirty (dust / dirt etc) they are hardly a viable food source for bacteria.

Everyone knows a good premium cigar will kill any and all airborn germs and viruses. It will also destroy any chance of the cold virus making a home in your mouth or throat.It's so simple guys.
thats a great solution in a non smoking room. /golf clap.
THe germs on the chips most likely come from contact with others hands.
bzzt, wrong answer when the guy next to you wipes his running nose then throws some chips in the pot you just won.
bzzt, wrong answer when the guy next to you wipes his running nose then throws some chips in the pot you just won.
Exactly what Im saying. These germs came from his hands.Shaking his hand would transfer a lot more than you would get by touching the chips.

For the record, playing cards are the best way to transfer colds to people. When you sign up to do clinical trials for Cold Cures, they have you play cards with Cold germs on them.js.

You're right. The chips are covered with bugs.The danger isn't so much in getting them on your hands, but on moving them from your hands to your nose, mouth, eyes, etc.1. Hand sanitizer would help.2. Keep your hands away from your face. Daniel leans on his hand when he thinks. He also puts his hand to his mouth when he thinks. He should stop that habit of moving his hands to his face if he wants to reduce his risk of catching colds.3. Try to keep regular hours and get enough rest. Being off-schedule and/or tired decreases the body's ability to fight infection.Good point, jooka. Maybe you have started a thread that will actually help anyone who reads it!Does anybody know how to get this info to DN? It might help. :club::D:D llou ... RN, PhD
Sounded like good advise, so I email Daniel a copy of it. Hope he's not too busy to check email. Maybe I'll send Lori a copy also, so she can tell him about it, if he doesn't see it himself.Thanks for the advise

Why doesn't Daniel get a pair of Michael JAckson White Gloves.THat would be Classic. MuhahahahahaCan you picture DAniel picking up a stack of chips with thick whte gloves. "I Raise" and then shaking the fans hands with them on.

Sounded like good advise, so I email Daniel a copy of it. Hope he's not too busy to check email. Maybe I'll send Lori a copy also, so she can tell him about it, if he doesn't see it himself.Thanks for the advise
Thanks. ... I really am a nurse with a graduate degree and I work in a hospital that does significant handwashing research.My colleagues plant harmless "fake germs" around the hospital and then track them as they get transfered from one person to another and travel around the hospital. Things like door knobs, telephones, pens, and pencils tend to get covered with germs and play a leading role in the transmission.We now have Purell all over the place and encourage everyone to use it regularly. We also try to teach people to keep their hands away from their faces. That's often how a virus gets into your body: it gets on your hands and then your hands move the virus to your mouth, nose, or eyes.Watch Daniel when he plays. He puts his hands to his his face a lot -- as do a lot of people.Good luck everybody. Stay healthy!llou

Is everyone going OCD or what? Why not wear gloves...special chip handling gloves...and a mask. Next time you big city dwellers use mass transit, you should be considering these things also.

Is everyone going OCD or what? Why not wear gloves...special chip handling gloves...and a mask. Next time you big city dwellers use mass transit, you should be considering these things also.
Because gloves wouldn't help. If you get the bugs on your gloves, it's no better than getting them on your hands. If you put your gloved hands near your face, you have moved the bugs closer and dramatically increased your likelihood of catching the disease.This conversation may sound like OCD to you, but it really IS how common bugs are transmitted throughout society. If and when the bird flu hits big, we'll all be thinking about these things.Are you one of those guys that doesn't wash his hands after using the bathroom? :club:

Mercury is actually the GUy who sits in the bathroom and cleans the SH_T after you use it. Then ask's you for a DOLLAR:)MUhahahahahahahahaha