Great Concerts You've Attended

EDIT 2: DOH!!! How could I forget Tom Petty last year at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA?? Incredible show! He played every song you wanted to hear and sounded awesome despite his age. He's still such a rock star... they just don't make them like him anymore. Not to mention he covered Dylan's "Knockin on Heaven's Door" and it gave me goosebumps. If a band can give me goosebumps thats how I know they rock.
I have a live recording of Tom Petty singing 'Heaven's Door' with Dylan on my Ipod... it's 13 minutes of heaven.
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) The Roots- State Theater, Detroit, MI. I was standing quite literally right on top of the band. I got to the venue early, so we were all right up next to 'em. I caught one of ?uestlove's Drumsticks, and Big Daddy Kane opened, which was cool
Nice.
Yngwie Malmsteen.
HahahahahaI loved him in 8th grade.
I've been to tons of concerts but here are the standouts:Tool - Mullins Center, Amherst, MA 2003 - Out of the hundred or so concerts I've been to in my life this was the first show that completely and utterly blew my mind and left me speechless. I've never seen anything so nasty and I probably won't until they come around again for a large venue U.S. tour. i havent read the rest of the thread. i was at this show with my then girlfriend. it stood out as my least favorite tool show of the 3 i went to in an 8 month span. the college atmosphere of it, with a bunch of drunk people that kinda knew the lyrics wasnt as good as the other big venue shows i saw.
They actually do change up the tunes occasionally, or kind of update the older ones, but they mostly try to stick to the original format. Alot of their music is very challenging to play live but they work hard to give the audience an authentic version of the songs vs cheapening it up or doing some weird version of it. But I don know what you mean.On the last 2 tours after Neal's drum solo Geddy and Alex do an acoustic version of Resist that is awesome.
very much so, yes.as of late, geddy seems to be throwing a bit more into his riffs, especially that sweeping, turbo-charged picking thing he's been doing lately. plus, the solo at the end of bravado (when they play it live) is very good.i do miss the jam at the end of closer to the heart, too, although i can understand that they're tired of playing it.

From Monument to Masses - July 2006 - Black CatJawbox - Late 90s - last show ever at black catat the drive in - early 2000s - black catspitfire - may 2004? - macroc @ JMUmineral, jimmy eat world - Feb. 97 - black catengine down, q and not u - 2002? - some church near maryland univ.sunny day real estate, velocity girl - september 93 - the tavern @ American univ.

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Jeff Beck at the UIC in Chicago.Stevie Ray Vaughan/Eric Clapton/Robert Cray. The day before Stevie died. I saw Stevie live 8 times.Buddy Guy at Legends.Albert King in a very small club.Soundgarden opening for Neil YoungRadiohead opening for REMBrian Setzer at the House of Blues

About 18-19 years ago, I saw Steel Pulse and The Untouchables at the Universal Amphitheater. One of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

Haven't really been to any great concerts, but I wanted to mention that if any of you are thinking of going to the Ovation Concert this year in Stratford, ON... you'll be less than a block away from my house.

Ok...from a Brit persepective:The Stone RosesHappy MondaysInspiral CarpetsMorrisseyThe CureThe FallPrimal ScreamRadioheadRATMPJ HarveyGrandaddyMuseOasisPlaceboSupergrassPulpThe ProdigyBeckSure there's more but can't remember.

The Stone RosesHappy MondaysInspiral CarpetsMorrisseyThe CureThe FallPrimal ScreamRadioheadRATMPJ HarveyGrandaddyMuseOasisPlaceboSupergrassPulpThe ProdigyBeck
wanna make out?

Pearl Jam-VS Tour and Vitalogy tourPhish-at least 30 times, NYE 2000 Evergaldes show was the shiznitPhil and FriendsPrimusRoger WatersMoeU2WIdespread PanicAllman Brothers BandNine Inch Nails - wow!A Perfect CircleBushStone Temple PilotsFoo FightersThe Dixie ChicksRusted Root311String Cheese Incident

• 1 month later...

Ok, I just got back from seeing Tool in Toronto, and let me say that they are freakin unbelievable live. By far the best show I've ever seen and would definately see them again.Now I need to go to bed....Garnes

Ok, I just got back from seeing Tool in Toronto, and let me say that they are freakin unbelievable live. By far the best show I've ever seen and would definately see them again.Now I need to go to bed....Garnes
going next Friday and then the following Tuesday... I've been counting the days for a good month nowwhat was your highlight song?Oh, and I saw Roger Waters on 9/9 at Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA ... absolutely amazing show. He played 2 full sets, then second one being the DSOM in it's entirety. He about 9 musicians behind him including 3 black females backup vocalists who absolutely PWNED. The flawless rendition of "Great Gig in the Sky" was the highlight of the night for me....she (wish i knew her name) NAILED every note ... the place was roaring. Great concert experience .. one of the best ive been to