Great Concerts You've Attended

Metallica and Guns & Roses(Together, same concert) in Minneapolis early 90's.
That'd be the tour that caused a huge riot at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Wasn't Faith No More the third band on the tour? They were the only ones who got through a full set at the Big O. James Hetfield's hair cought on fire and Axl walked offstage after 9 songs lol.
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be the tour that caused a huge riot at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Wasn't Faith No More the third band on the tour? They were the only ones who got through a full set at the Big O. James Hetfield's hair cought on fire and Axl walked offstage after 9 songs lol.
Not just his hair, his face and arms were burnt from the explosion as well.
My wife and I have been to about 12 KISS Concerts, all are just amazing shows.Saw RATT front row center in a little club once which was just awesome.Really enjoyed DMB, Van Halen, Poison, Skid Row, Motley Crue, and a few others recently.Just bought my tickets today for Sammy Hagar and Def Leppard/Journey for this summer.
Holy 80's :club:
I saw GnR and Soundgarden on New Years Eve in 1990/1991mk, did you ever get into The Fire Theft?Its a great album. Sunny Day is great too

Prince -- Purple Rain tour (seriously)...1984 or so, Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto.Tom Cochrane with Jeff Healy Band opening...1996 i think..same venue.The Tragically Hip, Air Canada Centre Toronto from a private box won in a radio contest...on my birthday...Dec 01.

holy crap, sunny day is the bomb. i would include the time i saw them right after they got back together in 1998 in my top 5 shows of all time. jimmy eat world puts on an awesome show. saw them at a really small venue in chicago in 1997 before they blew up. i still like that band.
wow.I started listening to JEW back when I was a freshman in highschool (grad 03).I saw JEW, Weezer, and get this, Jack Black's band...the name is on the tip of my tongue right now. bleh. Seriously, buggin me..I also saw Sunny day back in my sophmore year I think. May have been freshman.I used to be a HUGE JEW fan, but kinda grew outta it, some. I'm still a fan of them, but not as much as I was.I saw HIM a few months ago. The lead singer didn't stop smoking once. It was interesting.- Jordan
I saw the Beatles in their first American concert back in 1963. I was a little older than the average fan, but that didn't stop me. Also, I saw Glen Miller and his Orchestra in 1937. Great show. I did the charleston all night long.
FYP gramps
wow.I started listening to JEW back when I was a freshman in highschool (grad 03).I saw JEW, Weezer, and get this, Jack Black's band...the name is on the tip of my tongue right now. bleh. Seriously, buggin me..I also saw Sunny day back in my sophmore year I think. May have been freshman.I used to be a HUGE JEW fan, but kinda grew outta it, some. I'm still a fan of them, but not as much as I was.I saw HIM a few months ago. The lead singer didn't stop smoking once. It was interesting.- Jordan
Tenacious D
I think you just like typing JEW.If you like Sunny Day, check out The Fire Theft. Little harder, same singer.

-Phish (too many great ones to be more specific)-The Flaming Lips-moe. halloween show w/ Charlie & Chocolate Factory theme---insane show-Umphrey's McGee---(too many great ones to be mores specific)

Tool - After Lateralus. Good show.Dillinger Escape Plan - Small venue. Very fun untill my friend got cut by a swinging guitar.Slipknot - Hatebreed was there too. Only went to see slipknot though.Taste of Chaos Tour - 2 weeks ago. 30 dollar tickets to see bands like Dredg, Deftones and Thrice. Best concert so far.

My brother went to the GNR/Metallica show at the LA Coloseum.He got me a shirt, and a wore it until it fell apart.

Tea Party outdoors on mushrooms with a huge thunder storm approaching off to the side of the band. It was an incredible experience and the last time I did schrooms.

Pretenders -- NYC 1980 (I think)U2 -- Joshua Tree Tour 1987Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Stone Pony, Asbury Park NJ (two months before he died)Prince -- Purple Rain (forget the year) at the Meadowlands in NJ (one of the best guitar players you'll ever see. I was very suprised how good this was.)Live Aid -- Philadelphia 1986?Nirvana -- Maxwells Hoboken NJ July 1989Springsteen -- Giants Stadium 2003Pearl Jam -- MSG 2003 Night 1Guns N Roses/Metallica -- Early 90's I think...Green Day -- Taj Mahal Atlantic City 2005

Wow, that's quite a resume there ! hard to compete with that. Iron Maiden and Scorpions on the same bill when they were both in their prime.

Audio Slave - Chris Cornell did an acoustic solo version of Black Hole Sun that was incredible. The whole show was great. I would have prefered to see Sound Garden or Rage, but this was the closest I will get. Many more shows to post later when I get time.
Yeah, I saw this tour last summer too. Cornell's voice is amazing and I was totally ecstatic to hear that he can pull it off live too. They also did 'Bulls On Parade' and it was amazing.Besides that Audioslave show, the 3 Tool shows I've seen have all been amazing. I gotta deviate from Ron Mex on this one though in that I enjoyed Tool MORE than APC.
Wow, that's quite a resume there ! hard to compete with that. Iron Maiden and Scorpions on the same bill when they were both in their prime.
I'm 42 and have always gone to tons of shows.Later this month I'm taking my 13 year old son to see Cohhed & Cambria and Avenged Sevenfold in NYC and Bullet For My Valentine here at a club in Jersey.I got to remember my ear plugs. Last club show I took him to my ears were ringing the next day...I'm gettin old.

Saw Bob Dylan in like 1998, awesome show.Saw the Chili Peppers in like 1996, awesome ****ing show.Best show I've seen was George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars in like 1993. They played for over 5 hours.

Extreme Steel Tour-Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel/Static-X/and a couple others I can't remember. Fukin loud and crazy, how I managed to pass out is beyond me.Garnes

Pink Floyd-momentary lapse of reasonRoger Waters-radio kaosratm-multiple timesIce t-power, really good live, small roomAnthraxMetallica-before they sold outU2-joshua treerhcp-multiplenin-mutiplepearl jam-multipleSunsplash-reggae festivalUsed to work in the industry, so about a good hundred or more

Extreme Steel Tour-Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel/Static-X/and a couple others I can't remember. Fukin loud and crazy, how I managed to pass out is beyond me.Garnes
Rofl