I Just Went To A Mlb Game Or Have Been To Stadiums

I'm really slow.. I know there was some video at the beginning with some ships fighting. Wasn't sure if the song played then. I really wasn't listening.
I usually still in the parking lot drinking at this time, sorry.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

generally agree, unless for some reason you have a couple guys sitting behind you who decide they want to come to a baseball game and discuss Stem Cell Research for at least 3 innings. That was an annoying experience.
that's a new oneI've been to a lot of games in St. Louis, and that's one I haven't experienced. The worst one was some drunk lady feeling me up (which is sweet), but her husband was right next to her (which is bad). I was trying to maintain as straight of a face as I could to keep from getting in a fight with her hubby. The only other bad one I remember was some drunk who had 8-9 empty beer cups beneath him shouting "SWEEP, SWEEP, LET'S SWEEP THOSE BABY BEARS...SWEEP, SWEEP" It was so bad that even the Cardinal fans were getting pissed at him.
  • 2 weeks later...

On a whim, some friends and I drove the near 7 hours to Chicago on Saturday to go to the Cubs game at Wrigley field. It was my first visit to Wrigley field and I gotta say, I was impressed. Since I have been to Fenway, Wrigley, and Yankee stadium in the last 20 days, I thought I would give a rundown of my impressions of the three legendary baseball parks.Seating: Wrigley FieldI was given the impression that all the seats were great. Yankee's upper deck was too high and steep, and Fenway had some horrible seating down the left field line.Food: FenwayFrom what I saw, Fenway had the best selection and they have those cool hot dog buns which distract from the adequate hot dogs.Fans: WrigleyExterior: Fenway Concourses: WrigleyInterior: WrigleyScoreboard: WrigleyNeighborhood: Wrigley(ville)Budget: Yankee$5 bleachers are pretty goodMobility: WrigleyNongame fun: Fenway What stands out is the singing of Sweet CaroliineNostalgia: Yankee StadiumUshers/Staff: WrigleyThe only time I saw an usher at Fenway, he was telling me where I couldn't walk, and in New York the ushers did nothing to break up a fight that everyone saw coming for about 10 minutes. Not that I'm complaining, I enjoyed watching the fight, as did Jason Kubel the Twins LF that day.Overall, the friendly confines of Wrigley Field was the most enjoyable, Yankee Stadium wasn't overly impressive in any way, but it was solid, and Fenway was a disappointment.

• 9 months later...

a long overdue bump for this threadMy brother and I are going to be at the Metrodome in Minneapolis on Friday, Miller Park in Milwaukee on Saturday, and Wrigley Field in Chicago on Sunday. I am so stoked for this trip.

a long overdue bump for this threadMy brother and I are going to be at the Metrodome in Minneapolis on Friday, Miller Park in Milwaukee on Saturday, and Wrigley Field in Chicago on Sunday. I am so stoked for this trip.
i am sooo jealousbut i got tigs/yanks tix for friday night weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm thinking of making a trip to another ballpark this summer. Here's what I've got leftTampa BayTorontoMinnesotaLA AngelsSeattleTexasFloridaAtlantaWash (saw the old wash stadium)HoustonSTL (Saw old Busch)San FranciscoSan Diego (saw a football game at Qualcomm, the old park)Any suggestions?

This thread is a fun thread.I am lucky enough to have a family that loves to travel. We try and make baseball games wherever we go. Now that I am 21 and I travel a bunch on my own as well, I get to go to a few more games. Here is a list of the places I have been to:-Minnesota Twins-Metrodome Probably been to 30-40 games there now. My favorite was the three game series vs the White Sox 2 years ago to close the season, where Detroit lost last 2 and Twins won last 2 to steal the AL Central away. Such PURE euphoria that weekend.-Chicago Cubs-Wrigley It was the first ever inter-league series between the Sox and the Cubs, I remember clearly...the game got called in 5th inning due to lightning-Boston Red Sox - Fenway I went to one game this last summer (they lost). I went to one game a few years ago now, best game I have ever been to. It was during the Oakland A's long 21 (or 22?) winning streak. 2 outs bottom of the 9th, Manny up with 2 on and down by 2. He jacks one to deep right-center, and Terrance Long makes a disgustingly sick catch over the short wall to end the . If I am not mistaken, that was up for ESPY for play of the year. We had ESPN's box seats for that game right behind the A's dugout (my uncle did camera editing for them)-New York Yankees - Yankee Stadium I went there 2 days right after the Boston game. Saw the A's beat the Yankees in a near-6 hour game -Toronto Blue Jays - Skydome Saw the Orioles beat up on them. I caught a Tony Batista foul ball.-Arizona Diamondbacks - Back when it was Bank One Ballpark I have been to 4 games there now.-Oakland A's - Oakland Collusium Oakland lost to Toronto. -San Diego Padres - Petco Park Saw a Dodgers game...-Seattle Mariners - KINGDOME! Ahhhhh retro! Got to see Randy Johnson pitch for them-Atlanta Braves - Turner Field I was too young to remember who they played.-Florida Marlins-Dolphin Stadium Boring game, Mets-Colorado Rockies - Coors Field Dodgers game again-St Louis Cardinals - Busch Played the AstrosSo, 13 so far?Hopefully hitting up a Brewers game this summer.

Any suggestions?STL
there you goIt's nothing like the old Busch, but still beautifulhere's a few pics from the last time I was thereI mean what's better than watching a game in Baseball City USA....nothing :club:picture0078qv.jpgpicture0227ra.jpgI think the marquee says it all..."Welcome to Baseball Heaven"

I went to Turner Field last Friday for the Braves/Reds game. The park's pretty cool. Probably about the tenth time I've been to it. Had a jumbo hot dog, a cheeseburger, two beers, and some peanuts. Would've liked if the game had been longer than 2:20, but the fireworks show afterwards was pretty excellent.

Went to the A's/Orioles game last night - about 12,000 fans but seemed like 5,000. Parking was a breeze as was getting in and out of McAfee due to the small turnout.Great seats about 15 rows behind the A's dugout - The A's must have the two slowest runners back to back with Thomas and Cust in the lineup, truly station to station. The Duke looked good as he was very efficient as opposed to the O's pitcher, Burress, who was not impressive. Mora helped the A's out by throwing away a made-to-order DP grounder. A's win 4-2.Had two hot dogs from Saags, Linguisa was great, Brat was ok but think I'll try the hot link next time. Many micro-breweries there but I settled on Sam Adams.Nice quick game, over in 2 1/2 hours - couldn't help but notice that the Dodgers/Mets game was only in the 5th as we left the stadium.

Fly to SoCal, go to a Padres game Friday night, Angels game Saturday, and then drive up to SF to check out Dodger Stadium North.
Was in San Diego last summer for a fly in fly out same day business trip. The DBacks were in town, so last minute decision that the boss and I made - change the flight to the morning, get a couple hotel rooms and check out the new park. Bought tix right at the enterance. They were sweet seats behind home plate. A really beautiful ball park with a cool old park feel to it. Plus hot chicks walking around a lot like here in Phoenix.DBacks lost but Trevor Hoffman (who was playing better) came in for the save. It was awesome to see the stadium and fans react to Trevor-Time. The place went nuts.I would definitely recommend seeing a game here.
I went to Turner Field last Friday for the Braves/Reds game. The park's pretty cool. Probably about the tenth time I've been to it. Had a jumbo hot dog, a cheeseburger, two beers, and some peanuts. Would've liked if the game had been longer than 2:20, but the fireworks show afterwards was pretty excellent.
Most underrated stadium in the league IMO.

I've always been an Orioles fan growing up as Baltimore is only 60 miles away from my house. Then we get the Nationals whom play 15 miles from me and you can take Metro to get there, but I can't stop loving the O's. I don't hate on the Nats, I just don't feel comfortable calling them "my team". I wasn't alive when the Senators were here so I don't have that connection. I just hate the fact that my favorite baseball team has the worst owner in all of sports.I had season tickets last year for all the Sunday Orioles games...13 total. I think we went something like 2-11 in those games last year so it mostly sucked, but I just love Camden Yards. We would just always use our JV lineup because a couple of the regulars would always get a day off and not start. I gave up the tickets this year because it was just too difficult to keep my Sundays open and I figured we'd lose 120 games anyway. The stadium is awesome and I highly recommend the crabcake sandwich with onion rings. WOW it is so good. Or you can always go to Eutaw Street and pick up some of Boog's BBQ which is the nuts. I haven't been to the Nats stadium yet but a couple of my friends who have been say it is awesome. I have tickets to a game in June against the Rangers that were free so I will probably check it out then. I'll try to take some pics and post them here if I can. RFK sucks for baseball and it made the Nats games seem very boring to me. That place is just too run down and not modern. It was however the most rocking football stadium ever for my Redskins.

Pics from last nights cold crappy game in Detroit vs the Red SoxPaplebon warming uptigers422003.jpgtigers422002.jpgShot from SRO centerfiledtigers422001-1.jpgshot from our seats we sat in for 4 innings before the group of 40 fat chicks annoyed us by getting up and getting food 5 times an inning forced us to leaveImage003.jpgHidekiImage002.jpg

Friday, May 9, 2008 - Minneapolis, MNJust got back from the Metrodome for game #1 of my weekend trip. The Twins rallied in the bottom of the 9th, when Mike Lamb hit a 2 RBI single to left field to win the game off of Jonathon Papelbon. This was my first trip to Minneapolis let alone the Metrodome and I will say that the stadium isn't near as bad as the TV announcers make it out to be. The sight lines were great, the fans were loud, and the atmosphere was enjoyable.I will admit that entering and leaving a pressurized stadium is definitely a different experience. My ears popped as I entered the Metrodome, I was feeling a little light headed during the game, and leaving the stadium felt like I was in the middle of a wind tunnel as the exit doors de-pressurized the building. It was cool to watch the Metrodome roof cave in slowly after I had left due to the pressure loss.As for the city, it is pretty laid back and the people are nice...about on par with St. Louis and Milwaukee. I have come to the conclusion that the only Midwestern cities that are full of jerks are Chicago and Detroit.I will try to get pictures up when I get back home.

Going to the O's-Yanks game on Monday afternoon at Camden Yards with my gf. We got lower left field reserve tickets, 6th row. Someone will hit some bombs to us for sure. Crabcake sammich and Boog's BBQ time!

Most underrated stadium in the league IMO.
It's a great stadium imo (I might be biased though). As long as you don't sit in the cheap $5 seats every seat has a great view. Great hot dogs and overpriced beer...I think that can be expected from every stadium. I recommend the outfield seats...great view and on Wednesday's they have 2 for 1. If you can make it out in the middle of the week it is outstanding. And if you are a single male this stadium cannot be beat. The scenery is outstanding!

been to a couple Marlins games this year.....the good: the team is entertaining. lots of young talent lots of home runs. parking is easy. so is getting out of the stadium after games. (thanks small crowds) it is easy to get GREAT seats even in the "VIP" sections. the bad: sometimes the crowd size is pathetic. the heat. threat of rain. its a football stadium so the seats face the wrong way. (major problem) the food is only ok which is sad because five years ago you could find great cuban food all over. now they just have cuban sandwiches. maybe club level still has good food.all in all, marlins games are a very good bargain considering the team is decent and good seats are always available......

I've had great times at ballparks, granted i've been to about three total.1) Candlestick park - This was my home growing up. My mom would take me to games on weekends, non school days and even some school days. We had a blast and seats 6 rows up from first and didn't pay that much for them. We went to probably about 400 games there. Most of those were day games, since it got below freezing every night game.candlestick725.jpgcand08main.jpgExample of how cold it got at night.397225739_253b633931_o.jpgcandlestick.jpg2) - Pac Bell/AT&T/What ever you want to call it park. This is a great ballpark to go to have a great time. Granted the team who plays there sucks, you can still have a fun time with the view of the entire bay and lots of boats. It gets cold there, but not nearly as cold as Candlestick. pac_bell_image.jpgAwesome picturepacbell.jpgpacbell.jpgPacBellsingle.jpg3) Oakland Coliseum - I went there when I was 5. I remember nothing about it.

as far as other parks---yankee stadium----great history, great atmosphere, great pretzels and dogs. all the other food is awful and as nostalgiac as I am I think they really need a new park. This place is just so run down compared to most places and not in a cute way like Fenway because this stadium is located in a blech part of the Bronx. However, for just watching the game this place is awesome and I have always had an amazing time. You meet a lot of real Yankees fans....very knowledgable and clearly not bandwagoners. Going to a bunch of games here really changed my opinion of the franchise and their fans. Jets fans still sucks ass.Grade: On history alone---B+Pac Bell----my favorite stadium. seats are comfy, food is amazing and you cant beat the view (except maybe UW's football stadium). Its not too far from downtown (a big problem with the MArlins current digs) and it really has a cozy fun feel for a newer place. Grade: A This is how you build a new park.Shea----gross. never again. such a good thing they are building a new place for the Mets. "like prague sans the whimsy"Grade: F-Kauffman Field (KC Royals)----very underrated park to me. love the grassy knoll in center. fans are pretty darn good despite the persistent (until recently) suckitude. food is above average especially with Gates stands sprinkled throughout. seats are ok comfort wise and face the action. also, I have had the luck to go on the field before games at kauffman and meet the players, see batting practice and go up in the press box. very good times. side note: the food they provide for the media is not healthy but it is amazingly delicious.Grade: BDolphins Stadium: see previous post. Grade: D+Phillies New----New digs are great. Its a small park which makes for lots of offense and good crowds. Outfield seating is pretty enjoyable. Food is great, and the beer guys seem to be much more everpresent here. A big plus. Easy to get to by public transit. (also a huge plus for both NY teams and a strike against Marlins/KC). Seats are fine as you would expect from a brand new park.Grade: A-Phillies old (Veterans)----worse than Shea in every way except it had more history. it was a fun place to lounge in the 700 deck and get tanked but it was much better for football than baseball. its a good thing this place is gone.Grade: D-Wrigley Field---it is what it is. a bit old, a bit cramped and yet still the best place in the world to see an afternoon game. beer is plentiful and the hot dogs live up to the reputation. atmosphere is off the charts good. honestly, the only thing wrong with Wrigley is that it is so great it sorta overshadows the game. Lots of people there just to be at Wrigley....they might know more about cricket than baseball. but hey thats ok. not really a bad thing when grading stadiums is it?Grade: ANew Comiskey (white sox)----a great example of a new stadium gone wrong. too big....place feels impersonal. food is eh at best. seats were ok....easy to get to by L train so thats good. Team is good and the fans are definitely passionate. So there are positives....the whole place feels a bit clunky and overbuilt. I dont know maybe it suffers in comparison to its famous neighbor stadium. it really is the kind of place that seems worse than it probably is. thats still a bad thing.Grade: C

New Comiskey (white sox)----a great example of a new stadium gone wrong. too big....place feels impersonal. food is eh at best. seats were ok....easy to get to by L train so thats good. Team is good and the fans are definitely passionate. So there are positives....the whole place feels a bit clunky and overbuilt. I dont know maybe it suffers in comparison to its famous neighbor stadium. it really is the kind of place that seems worse than it probably is. thats still a bad thing.Grade: C
How long ago were you there? The remodeling theyve done fairly recently makes it a much much better stadium then it was originally, but yeah still nothing too special.