I Just Went To A Mlb Game Or Have Been To Stadiums

How long ago were you there? The remodeling theyve done fairly recently makes it a much much better stadium then it was originally, but yeah still nothing too special.
been a few years. i think you describe it well....it is fine just nothing special which is what you are going for these days.i most likely saw it pre-renovations though so keep that in mind with my assessment for sure.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late, but here are pics from my ballpark tour weekend from Milwaukee and Chicago.Milwaukee038eb2.jpg047ma1.jpg048oa6.jpgChicago051tq1.jpg056iy8.jpg065fl3.jpgsome jackass decided to run out onto the field...I hope he enjoyed his all expense paid trip to Cook County Jail070yp8.jpg

I went to the Jays Royals game today. We had seats by 3rd base halfway up the 1st level. The seats are way too small, and I got a sunburn, but besides that it was ok. The game itself was pretty good, only 4 runs scored, but on 18 hits between the two teams.

I went to the Jays Royals game today. We had seats by 3rd base halfway up the 1st level. The seats are way too small, and I got a sunburn, but besides that it was ok. The game itself was pretty good, only 4 runs scored, but on 18 hits between the two teams.
Skydome or Kauffman?I went to a Blue Jays game in the Skydome years ago. Had a great time....remember thinking the place was just enormous. I really just liked Toronto in general....great food and the hockey hall of fame was very cool.Also saw an Expos game at Olympic Stadium a couple times way back when. What a dump, but they had a great crepe stand. And of course you could go down to the good seats after the 3rd inning because the place was deserted. The field just looked hilarious though....I cant really do it justice or think of a good way to describe it.
Skydome or Kauffman?I went to a Blue Jays game in the Skydome years ago. Had a great time....remember thinking the place was just enormous. I really just liked Toronto in general....great food and the hockey hall of fame was very cool.Also saw an Expos game at Olympic Stadium a couple times way back when. What a dump, but they had a great crepe stand. And of course you could go down to the good seats after the 3rd inning because the place was deserted. The field just looked hilarious though....I cant really do it justice or think of a good way to describe it.
It's technically the Roger's Centre (but will always be the skydome). I regret not getting any street meat.

I was at the O's-Yanks game yesterday at Camden. Sat 5 rows up from the left field wall, 1 section over from the foul pole. The seats were great but no homerun balls hit to us. We got there early enough to watch the Yankees hit BP and gayrod probably hit about 10-12 homers. They were all moon shots. He hit one straight over our heads that was just short of the 2nd deck. The only one I know of that hit one up there was Juan Gonzales in the home-run derby many years back. Gayrod's swing is so effortless but the ball goes a mile. I think it was Giambi that hit one in BP that hit Eutaw Street in right field but hit it over the stands to get there but to the way left of the out-of-town scoreboard. Anyway, the game was great because the O's dominated. Markakis and Huff knocked the dog snot out of a couple balls to go yard and win it for us. There is nothing better than being at Camden Yards and seeing Jeter strike out a couple times. I only had a cinnamon and sugar pretzel at the game because it was so insanely hot that I wasn't that hungry. It was Africa hot out there. I also had a few $6.50 Bud Light's. I was thinking about getting some Boog's BBQ but the line was about 3.5 miles long. I am definitely burnt to a crisp today and my arms are on fire. The one thing I hate about Camden the past few years is that for any Yanks or Sox game, the crowd is probably about 50/50. It has gotten better this year and it was probably only 30% Yankee fans but still way too many to be at an away game. It's great giving them a hard time after they lose because they are so bitter and just make excuses. When the game was over, one dumb ho in her Jeter jersey just kept saying "26, 26, 26!" We are all like who cares, there won't be a 27 this year bitch, lol.

weeeee.....my buddy just got a couple seats for the Yanks-RedSox game on July 6th. This will be my first and last time to Yankees Stadium, something i figured I should do before they tear it down. Anyhow, I'll post some pics when we get back from the vacation.......until then, GO BRAVES!!!!

Worked the Milwaukee-Atlanta game today. It was a great game and Ned the Brain swallowed some of Ted Simmons goofy pills and played smallball and won.Tom.

• 1 month later...
New Comiskey (white sox)----a great example of a new stadium gone wrong. too big....place feels impersonal. food is eh at best. seats were ok....easy to get to by L train so thats good. Team is good and the fans are definitely passionate. So there are positives....the whole place feels a bit clunky and overbuilt. I dont know maybe it suffers in comparison to its famous neighbor stadium. it really is the kind of place that seems worse than it probably is. thats still a bad thing.Grade: C
I was there back in 2005 for interleague game between the White Sox and Dodgers. One word to describe the stadium is "gray". Despite the blue seats the entire interior gave off a "gray" feeling with all of the excess concrete. Some writer described it best saying that "it's not only ugly, it's state of the art ugly." As for the fans they seemed more preoccupied with the one kid that wore a Cubs hat into the stadium instead of the game. I didn't hear a legitimate cheer from the home crowd until A.J. Pierzynski hit a walk off home run in extra innings. The White Sox fans didn't become passionate until they were in the World Series, and most of them were bandwagon jumpers. It was a Saturday night, about 75o, and clear in mid summer....only about 24,000 fans showed up. Maybe I'm spoiled by growing up with the Cardinals and watching games in Busch as a kid with the best fans in baseball, but I was appalled by the apathy that the fans showed the team until they did something spectacular.
I was there back in 2005 for interleague game between the White Sox and Dodgers. One word to describe the stadium is "gray". Despite the blue seats the entire interior gave off a "gray" feeling with all of the excess concrete. Some writer described it best saying that "it's not only ugly, it's state of the art ugly." As for the fans they seemed more preoccupied with the one kid that wore a Cubs hat into the stadium instead of the game. I didn't hear a legitimate cheer from the home crowd until A.J. Pierzynski hit a walk off home run in extra innings. The White Sox fans didn't become passionate until they were in the World Series, and most of them were bandwagon jumpers. It was a Saturday night, about 75o, and clear in mid summer....only about 24,000 fans showed up. Maybe I'm spoiled by growing up with the Cardinals and watching games in Busch as a kid with the best fans in baseball, but I was appalled by the apathy that the fans showed the team until they did something spectacular.
you should come feel the Marlins excitement sometime then.....I did go see the Marlins beat the Phillies last Saturday....and the one thing that is amazing about Marlins games is that you can sit in the absolute best seats in the stadium for under 100 bucks per person. I got to see reserves taking BP, I got to reach over the first base wall and touch the field and when the cheerleaders did their thing I was less than 10 feet away.

I was at the Yanks/Twins game last night. Figured I had to get out to the stadium one last time before it shuts down. My 1st game at Yankee Stadium, Rudy Law hit an inside the park homerun, Julio Cruz ripped his pants and Ron Kittle hit the GW HR for the Sox that night in the top of the 13th en route to the ROY award. That was 1983, ah memories. Last night we sat about 4 or 5 rows from field level in RF. BP was fun, Morneau hit a ball that I swore was headed right for us but it just kept carrying and got to the upper deck instead. I thought I had a made a good deal with my buddy where he would buy the tix and I would drive us, pay for tolls and parking and such. $30 for parking, about $10 in tolls, about a quarter to a half tank of gas used total. We were probably about even when it was all said and done. When leaving the stadium trying to get onto Route 87 a kid was vomiting out the window of the minivan in front of us while everyone was in bumper to bumper traffic which was pretty awesome.I will be going to Chicago and consequently, Wrigley for the 1st time next month for my soon to be brother in law's bachelor party.

I will be going to Chicago and consequently, Wrigley for the 1st time next month for my soon to be brother in law's bachelor party.
All I have to say is take a camera and public trans to get there (there is little to no parking around Wrigley). TV doesn't do that place justice (as I have stated before). There is nothing like it, and I will jump at the chance to go to another game there. Would love to get Cards tickets at Wrigley and wear my red into the place :club:
Would love to get Cards tickets at Wrigley and wear my red into the place :club:
That was my plan but I think we're going at a different time frame then when they will be in town.
That was my plan but I think we're going at a different time frame then when they will be in town.
it would probably be a much less hostile environment for you that way
it would probably be a much less hostile environment for you that way
Agreed. Hopefully it's someone other than Milwaukee we go see so I can still boo, boo, boo for the home team.
  • 2 years later...

I'd like to go to some this summer, hopefully (besides the usually Miller and the Cell).Maybe Kauffman again since they've redone parts of it or Target Field.