I Just Went To A Mlb Game Or Have Been To Stadiums

I live in southern Illinois...the White Sox/Cubs rivalry means nothing to me. it's all about the Cubs and Cardinals down here...the White Sox are just another team. My brother (who goes to numerous White Sox games every year...mainly because tickets are so easy to come by) took me to a game up there last year because he wanted me to judge for myself whether he was right about the lack of passion at U.S. Cellular. After that game I found out that he wasn't wrong. It was a dead atmosphere, so unlike what I am used to at Busch Stadium where the fans are on top of everything. I'm not bashing the Sox or 'the Cell'...I'm just telling the truth.
Busch Stadium is on a level of its own. You can't compare any other stadium's fans to that. I do not sense any lack of passion at U.S. Cellular. Think as you want, but obviously I won't agree..
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture187.jpg Kauffman StadiumPicture012.jpg Dodger Stadiumshea.jpgShea Stadiumyankee.jpg Yankee Stadiumfenway2.jpgFenway Parkcoors.jpg Coors FieldPicture001.jpgMcAfee Coliseum

We actually lost that game and the next day's game I went to. We were 10-0 or 11-0 vs. Royals last year before I went to see the first two loses. It was horrible. Seeing Buehrle lose to Lima Time, ugh

PNC Park.I'm from just outside Pittsburgh, so I've been there plenty of times. The best time being for Pearl Jam/The Rolling Stones though. Great park, great food selection....always hot girls there too.I'm sure all baseball fans will see your share of it for the All-Star game.pnc1.jpgpnc403.jpgstadepnc.jpgDSC_2314_small.jpg

Ive been to san fran, oakland, kc, boston, both new yorks, and chicago (white sox)not bad, considering how young i amthe one that i really didnt like was shea. what a piece of ****...

PNC Park.I'm from just outside Pittsburgh, so I've been there plenty of times. The best time being for Pearl Jam/The Rolling Stones though. Great park, great food selection....always hot girls there too.I'm sure all baseball fans will see your share of it for the All-Star game.pnc1.jpgpnc403.jpgstadepnc.jpgDSC_2314_small.jpg
nice pictures. I hope I can make it out there soon.I'm planning on going to the Rangers and Astros stadiums this summer. :club:

It's not a major league park, but I'll post a picture anyway. It's taken from a camera phone, so it's not the greatest.This is PGE Park in Portland, Oregon. Home of the Portland Beavers, AAA affiliate for the San Diego Padres. It's a nice place to watch a game.pge3dm.jpg

How much does that stadium hold and I think it looks cool in the outfield with the very tall wall..

How much does that stadium hold and I think it looks cool in the outfield with the very tall wall..
It's not a lot. I think there were about 5,000 at this particular game, they average about 4,000. Capacity is probably around 15,000.
We actually lost that game and the next day's game I went to. We were 10-0 or 11-0 vs. Royals last year before I went to see the first two loses. It was horrible. Seeing Buehrle lose to Lima Time, ugh
The reverse lock strikes again.
  • 1 month later...
picture2300sh.th.jpgI went to Citizens Bank Park in Philly today and it was a very nice stadium but the fans were very quiet. Quietest fans I've ever seen.

I'd like to visit all the stadiums some day. So far I've been to 2, Yankee Stadium and Angel Stadium. If you haven't been to Anaheim you have to check it out. It's a nice ballpark. I went to Disney Land during the day and the Yankee-Angels game at night. It doesn't get much better than that.

I've been to 3 major league stadiums.Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. It sucks, but surprisingly I liked it the best of the 3.Rogers Centre/Skydome in Toronto. It sucks.Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I remember it sucking. It was almost 20 years ago, and the Expos beat the Braves 9-2 (guessing) and Rex Hudler stole home.

I've been to 3 major league stadiums.Exhibition Stadium in Toronto. It sucks, but surprisingly I liked it the best of the 3.Rogers Centre/Skydome in Toronto. It sucks.Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I remember it sucking. It was almost 20 years ago, and the Expos beat the Braves 9-2 (guessing) and Rex Hudler stole home.
I'm going to name the teams of the stadiums I've been not seen games at though.. to because it's easier to remember that way.White Sox, Cubs, Brewers, Cardinals (old one), Royals, Rockies, Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies (finally), Tigers, Indians, Reds, Rockies, Dodgers, Athletics, Diamondbacks, also I saw a football game at Qualcomm (old San Diego park) but I'm not sure if that counts in my book..So I counted 16

Growing up in Minnesota I have been forced to watch baseball in the Dome. Luckily I was able to make a trip and see a game at the Cell and Comerica in Detroit. I enjoyed Comerica much more than US Cellular, but both were a great experience over the Dome.Only 3 more years until we get our own outdoor stadium.

Growing up in Minnesota I have been forced to watch baseball in the Dome. Luckily I was able to make a trip and see a game at the Cell and Comerica in Detroit. I enjoyed Comerica much more than US Cellular, but both were a great experience over the Dome.Only 3 more years until we get our own outdoor stadium.
yeah I'm soooo looking forward to that, I'd rather go to a Saints game outdoors than the dome, it totally sucks for baseball. I've been to Comiskey, and tried to put together a road trip to the Brewers this year but it fell through at the last minute
It's the best place I've been to, but since the only other place I've been is Cleveland that doesn't carry much weight. Either way I can't imagine any of the newer ballparks beating it. If there ever is a winning team there Pittsburgh will fill that place up and the atmosphere will be just as good as anywhere.
  • 2 weeks later...

I go to the Oakland Coliseum all the time. It is surely nothing great. It is like a huge concrete building right off the freeway. They also now closed off the upper deck because of low fan turnout. They should expect that since almost all the home games start at 7:05 PM except on weekends. The upper deck used to be the best place to sit when they sold out against the yankees, red sox, and division opponents. Everybody in the upper deck is drunk and rowdy, and it was definitely worth the cheap ticket. But now since the upper deck is closed off the best place to sit is in the left-field bleachers where all the true fans are. If you sit there and are not rooting for the A's you are definitely going to get harrased, and that is really funny to watch. But overall the stadium isnt that great, and is good to go to only if your a fan of the A's or a fan of the team they are playing. Raiders games on the other hand are one of the craziest things you will ever see lol. I'll put that in a football post though.P.S. Everyone asks me where to find the garlic fries in the coliseum. They are in the Heineken booth. That is the only place they have them in the whole park.

I go to the Oakland Coliseum all the time. It is surely nothing great. It is like a huge concrete building right off the freeway. They also now closed off the upper deck because of low fan turnout. They should expect that since almost all the home games start at 7:05 PM except on weekends. The upper deck used to be the best place to sit when they sold out against the yankees, red sox, and division opponents. Everybody in the upper deck is drunk and rowdy, and it was definitely worth the cheap ticket. But now since the upper deck is closed off the best place to sit is in the left-field bleachers where all the true fans are. If you sit there and are not rooting for the A's you are definitely going to get harrased, and that is really funny to watch. But overall the stadium isnt that great, and is good to go to only if your a fan of the A's or a fan of the team they are playing. Raiders games on the other hand are one of the craziest things you will ever see lol. I'll put that in a football post though.P.S. Everyone asks me where to find the garlic fries in the coliseum. They are in the Heineken booth. That is the only place they have them in the whole park.
hmm garlic fries sound good.. Thanks for the post. I visited the stadium "McAfee Coliseum" during the offseason and we snuck in and got some pics. It is huge, of course, but looks like an okay place to see a game. I'm not sure how it is with the foul territory being large but I'll have to see a game there to find out. Besides that I don't approve of them closing the upper deck. It really makes no sense to me at all. They are just trying to make the tickets become more rare and some people don't take them for granted. I really think they should open it up and screw it. Oh well.

Well, since there isn't a major league stadium within 4 hours of here, I had to settle for the best available option: the Durham Bulls and their semi-famous Durham Athletic Park. The old park that was in the movie Bull Durham still exists, but the team moved to a new 10,000 seat stadium in 1995. The bull that used to be on the wall of the old stadium was moved to the new one. They used to be a Class A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, but now they're a AAA affiliate of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.dbap.jpg

Next Thursday I'm making a trip to see the AAA Royals in Omaha, followed by seeing the Royals other AAA team in Kansas City on Friday and Saturday (Koops gonna love that comment), going up to Des Moines to see the Cubs AAA team, and then on to Dyersville to the field of dreams.

Next Thursday I'm making a trip to see the AAA Royals in Omaha, followed by seeing the Royals other AAA team in Kansas City on Friday and Saturday (Koops gonna love that comment), going up to Des Moines to see the Cubs AAA team, and then on to Dyersville to the field of dreams.
:club: