Least Favorite 'strong' Starting Hand?

By this question, I mean what is the hand that is considered strong, yet makes you a bit nervous to play? For me, its JJ. If called after the initial raise pre-flop, it makes for an interesting/slightly nauseous post-flop play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto on the jacks. theyre very strong against one opponent, but when you get two or more limpers and a card above J comes out, youre probably losing..i also heavily dislike AKo

KQ sooted or Ace T or J sooted. They look good but rely heavily on a favorable flop. I realise that these are ranked as medium hands, but you can't deny big sooted connectors or A with a solid kicker. Still very flop reliant.

Pocket tens raised utg the gun in limit. You always get called by anyone holding a face card, and of the course the flop always comes with 3 overcards. I lost with 10s twice today as a matter of fact..... :club:

AJosI really want to burn those 2 cards whenever I'm dealt them, no matter how I play them...AJ never wins for me. And Even when I'm against AJ with a stronger hand like AA or AQ or KK...that AJ prevails no matter what....i hate AJ so much.JJ isn't that bad, i just treat it like any mid PP...if an over comes on the flop, just toss it unless you have a really good read on your opponent.

KQ sooted or Ace T or J sooted. They look good but rely heavily on a favorable flop. I realise that these are ranked as medium hands, but you can't deny big sooted connectors or A with a solid kicker. Still very flop reliant.
Don't think AT and AJ fall under the "strong" category even when suited. They're JUST below that.I think by strong OP means:AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ, TT, AQ...maybe toss in 99 and 88.

JACKS........nothing else is close for me.I have lost at least 6k just on hands i can think of with phucking JACKSPlay the msoft you get sucked out on. Play them hard you run into AK of QQ...Can't win with them...Can't beat them....

Didn't see anywhere in the thread that it had to be about Hold 'Em, so I've got an Omaha hand that always seems to burn me.A :D X :D A :club: X :D Aces (suited once) in PL Omaha seems like such a pretty hand, but I've lost more money with those cards than any other in that game.

JJ is my least favorite strong starting hand. Mainly cause that's the weakest of the "strong" starting hands.Kinda figures, huh.And AJs/o isn't a strong hand to begin with. Atleast long handed.- Jordan

Jacks are definetly the hardest good hand to play. Ace-king on the other hand is my favorite hand since it can be thrown away much easier.