I Called In Sick Today

I got a fantasy basketball draft tonight. It's an auction draft and I've never done one before. So I'm a little nervous about my strategy, which is to not bid over 45 for any one player and have more money to spend on the mid level guys. Can't see how spending 40% of your money on one player make any sense, especially when I can get a player for 20% who is more than half the player of Lebron. I don't know, might be a disaster.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's only been two years since I had sex last. It was 2 before that time and 5 the times before that. So I'm used to it. Doing fine over here.

FYP

They know brvy. COO of the company, after our visits last month, told the VP and regional to find a way to get me more stores or otherwise have a larger influence in the region.

No district in CA had ever been #1 before. I've now been #1 5 times in 9 months. A store manager that was good but everybody had reservations about his ability to move to the next level I coached and mentored and then he blew away the above execs during the visits and he was just promoted to DM. One newer store had been struggling. I promoted an assistant manager to the store manager there and the store has grown 35% since. Bad debt is the lowest in the state, and one of the lowest in the country, for my entire district. My district has been top 3 in the company for YOY growth every month.

These things don't happen by accident. They know what they have.

feeling really great about my resume as far as finally making the jump to chicago. can now certainly say/substantiate a lot of things finance employers want to hear.

Wonderful! I'll help you move!

I got the title and the raise today. The title now, the raise starts November 1. It's 15% more. I had asked for 25%, so this is good, and we agreed to discuss the remaining money at the end of our fiscal.

To look at it another way, I will be making 50% more than what I was making a year ago. This feels awesome.

• Like 3

haha, I make the same thing I did last year. and for the rest of my life. you guys are losers with your ambitions and hope.

speaking of money, boy do I hate property taxes. $1,221. and that's the third set this year. ~$2,300 total. when you take home right at 27k, that's a nice little chunk. but hey, at least the police department got all those new dodge chargers! god damn government.

so ANYWAYS... my lawnmower is still broke. neither a new battery nor new spark plug did the trick. could be a few other fairly simple things like the carburetor or something, but given how old and slow it is, I'm seriously thinking about getting a new mower this weekend. it's fall so they're on sale plus they have the 0% financing I mentioned before. these taxes throw a little wrench into it but I'm still strongly considering it. hmm. can somebody give me a couple million dollars?

OH! and speaking of career accomplishments, earlier this week I won an award for a project I lead a few months ago where I spent 2 weeks working 12 hours a day and found several grand worth of lost customer checks, saving us from the money and about a dozen complaints. got a $50 gift card! woo hoo! almost as sweet as last year when I spent 6 months working 3 different positions in a project (PM, BA, tester) saving the company over $100k from my own research (since nobody else would do it) so that the person that took it over at the last minute could win the company wide award for several grand. yeah recognition!

coworker asks me, "are you upset about her decision"

J: Like I sort of said before, she told me a month or two ago that she wanted to be friends, but it was worded in a way that didn't kill the possibility for the future. So, I guess she was trying to save my feelings. I can't be mad about it.

C: If she told you and you chose not to listen then you can only be mad at Jeff.

I am just saying, she did NOT give me a solid no.

like, I showed the entire conversation to Cha! Cha! yesterday. he certainly didn't seem to think it was a definite no.

you sure you want to rely so heavily on the judgement of the wunderkind that put together the sickie tourney?

• Like 1

I got the title and the raise today. The title now, the raise starts November 1. It's 15% more. I had asked for 25%, so this is good, and we agreed to discuss the remaining money at the end of our fiscal.

To look at it another way, I will be making 50% more than what I was making a year ago. This feels awesome.

Wow, that's a pretty damned good year for you. Congrats.

coworker asks me, "are you upset about her decision"

Was there a new, recent decision or was this just the "I don't date co-workers" decision of old?

no new decision. the coworker and Amanda had talked about me recently and Amanda had said we were just friends. coworker probably assumes Amanda was trying to save my feelings with her excuse, doesn't know for sure that that is the case.

I see no reason to be a jerk to Amanda, but I'm not initiating anymore, and it'll get loads easier when I'm out of the group in a few hours.