I Called In Sick Today

Got an offer from the firm I wanted for significantly less (like 40-55% less) than the other firm...also a substantial pay cut from my current job...being poor's not that bad, right Shake/Napa?
Womp womp. Did you not know the compensation they were offering when you interviewed?
Really wish it had been close to my current comp, would have made life a lot easier...
Paycuts suck, but you're so young that it shouldn't matter as long as it's for a better opportunity. It's not like you're already locked into a mortgage, family, etc. As long as you weren't an idiot that went out and got a beamer or something stupid like that.Edit: I love BMWs, you know what I mean though.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

man every time I cook chicken my damn kitchen stinks like chicken for several days. ain't enough air fresheners in the state to get it out. beans can you ask your wife for suggestions?also: I've had a rash on various parts of my body for a couple days now. it's getting kinda annoying. problem is, I can't figure out what in the world I've eaten or done differently that might have caused it. nothing out of the ordinary at all. beans, you probably shouldn't ask your wife for suggestions on this one.
It's most likely your stinky chicken. Your house shouldn't smell after making chicken, unless you are boiling it? You're not boiling are you? Because, that's fucking gross.
and speaking of aids infested ties, our company christmas party is this saturday night. going with my black suit, white brooks brothers extra slim shirt, and a black jcrew tie. at least at this moment that's the plan. gonna draper all them bitches.
Ya, you shouldn't do this. You're going to look like a waiter. You already get paid less than one. Remember dress for the job you want.
Got an offer from the firm I wanted for significantly less (like 40-55% less) than the other firm...also a substantial pay cut from my current job...being poor's not that bad, right Shake/Napa?Really wish it had been close to my current comp, would have made life a lot easier...
Is she that good in bed?
Dawson must've been doing alright for himself if a 50% pay cut is even something that can be offered, right?
Was thinking the same thing.
Horse meat, anyone?
Is that the correct usage of "womp womp?"
I guess it depends on the tone of voice it's read in.
Dawson must've been doing alright for himself if a 50% pay cut is even something that can be offered, right?
I think it was well established that Dawson was making more than the average bear, but I'm also a bit surprised that he could be offered a 50% pay cut. IN THIS ECONOMY.
Womp womp. Did you not know the compensation they were offering when you interviewed?Paycuts suck, but you're so young that it shouldn't matter as long as it's for a better opportunity. It's not like you're already locked into a mortgage, family, etc. As long as you weren't an idiot that went out and got a beamer or something stupid like that.Edit: I love BMWs, you know what I mean though.
It was never brought up or listed in the job description. I really had no idea where it would shake out, but I was hoping it would be close to the other offer.
Is that the correct usage of "womp womp?"Dawson must've been doing alright for himself if a 50% pay cut is even something that can be offered, right?
yeah the more I think about that the sillier it sounds to me. if I took a 50% paycut I'd be damn near below minimum wage. dawson must have been making bank. bastard.
Financial Considerations:It's 40-55% less than the other firm's offer. It's about a 40-50% cut from my current comp. However, I think it's likely I will get promoted in 7 months - with the promotion my comp will increase by about 50%. If I don't get promoted I'm out of a job. Other Considerations:I like the firm, I want to get into investing and this is very much what I'm interested in. I have to move across the country in a month if I want to stay with my current firm, this allows me to stay where I am. I would be working 50-60 hour weeks, instead of 70-90.
Financial Considerations:It's 40-55% less than the other firm's offer. It's about a 40-50% cut from my current comp. However, I think it's likely I will get promoted in 7 months - with the promotion my comp will increase by about 50%. If I don't get promoted I'm out of a job. Other Considerations:I like the firm, I want to get into investing and this is very much what I'm interested in. I have to move across the country in a month if I want to stay with my current firm, this allows me to stay where I am. I would be working 50-60 hour weeks, instead of 70-90.
I don't see how taking the job is anything but an easy call. A bit scary, sure, but an easy call nonetheless.Edit: I just realized I miscalculated and you'd still be at a pay but. But I feel like if you're moving up 50% in 7 months there's a lot more room for growth.

Sorry I realize that wasn't clear. The promotion in 7 months is with my current firm - I'll either get a promotion and ~50% increase in comp, or get the boot. No clue what promotions / raises would be like at the new firm (big topic - my main focus for the next discussion).

Sorry I realize that wasn't clear. The promotion in 7 months is with my current firm - I'll either get a promotion and ~50% increase in comp, or get the boot. No clue what promotions / raises would be like at the new firm (big topic - my main focus for the next discussion).
Oh jesus. So then you'd be making three times as much as in the new job you're considering? Now that becomes a really tough call. What's the growth potential in the new firm/industry compared to where you're currently at? Do you know anyone where the current firm is moving?

come on dawson, there'll be new stuffpuppets in your new city. taking a pay cut like that is going to screw you for years. but on to more important things: ocho has got me second guessing my pimptastic outfit for the christmas party. any thoughts there mr. pilgrim? what's everybody's feelings on a black suit, black tie, on a dark navy shirt? Im afraid it'll be too much but it does seem quite modern.

but on to more important things: ocho has got me second guessing my pimptastic outfit for the christmas party. any thoughts there mr. pilgrim? what's everybody's feelings on a black suit, black tie, on a dark navy shirt? Im afraid it'll be too much but it does seem quite modern.
Maybe you can borrow speedz's sweater from last year.
come on dawson, there'll be new stuffpuppets in your new city. taking a pay cut like that is going to screw you for years.
Oh, right, the girlfriend. You get to ask yourself if you could really see staying with her for the long haul. Fun!
but on to more important things: ocho has got me second guessing my pimptastic outfit for the christmas party. any thoughts there mr. pilgrim? what's everybody's feelings on a black suit, black tie, on a dark navy shirt? Im afraid it'll be too much but it does seem quite modern.
Sounds hideous.
Oh, right, the girlfriend.
How much money does she make? I think she should be the one who has to get a new job and she can move with Dawson to SF thereby making it so Dawson will never break up with her because of the guilt and they'll get married and have little Dawsons and mini-stuffpuppets.I am: salesman.
ok fine speedz can you overnight me your sweater, cargo shorts, scrubs, and chicken mask plz
Listen, dickface, I was wearing a beautiful powder blue 3-piece leisure suit.
I am: salesman.
You sure are, DA. You suuuuure are.
i'm not a fan of dark shirts with dark suits. you gotta be all kinds of handsome to pull that off. the original outfit sounded quite don draper and that is always a good choice. but maybe because its the hollidays you can add some color in with a red gingham shirt. or a red tie perhaps. i'll usually wear a solid black tie with my red gingham shirt. very classy with a grey suit.edit: i picture you looking like this if you go with the draper lookGosling-in-Gucci.jpg