Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Is your memory really that bad or do our interactions have that little meaning to you? Hmmmmm
Neither. I wanted to know if you were bartering those without asking specifically about those. So are you?Back from Vegas. Much fun was had. I had a cold all weekend so that sucked but many vodka tonics and many shots of SoCo made it bearable.Got 2 tattoos there. All the girls got a tat that had something to do with the word angel plus I got one on my wrist I've been thinking about for a while. It was a bit impulsive but not "Hey baby lets get married" kind of impulsive.
Gambling wise, avoid all Harrahs properties and you should be ok....
We didn't do any of this, especially not this one. Dustin is still walking funny from the assraping he took at Imperial Palace.
110-young-scared-sm.jpgAND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T STEAL MUSIC OVER THE INTERNETSyes, ren, that comment was awful, sorry. any "artist" who makes music to win awards does not deserve a penny of our money. they deserve to be raped by cossacks.
*sigh*You guys are missing my point.I didn't say anything at all about the purpose of the artist. Just the side benefit.You don't go to work to win trader of the month accolades. It wasn't the reason you turned in your resume and pursued that job. It is however a pleasant side effect.
others have made most of the points that i'd like to, but if we give Ren the benefit of the doubt, and say that there are worthwhile artists that do indeed want to win awards (which I'd like to think can occur simultaneously with wanting to make good music - recognition is almost always nice), then these artists should feel good about winning a what.cd award for Most Downloaded or Most Heavily Seeded or something. the point being, they can win awards that are in reality just as meaningful as bullshit RIAA gold/platinum albums without the RIAA getting a cut. the model of paying $20 for an album is broken. further attempts to cling to it based on the prestige of an award from a discredited marketing cartel like the RIAA services nobody in the long run. i heard on the radio that a music award show (MTV or MuchMusic, I'm not sure which) got about 1/2 the ratings of a rerun of Criminal Minds or something, despite having such luminaries as the Jonas Brothers and Lady Gaga. Enough said.
Yes, this guy gets it.I see your points and I agree but it's still the recognized system right now. Until they fix it or do away with the RIAA, that's the game.
I have a girl here right now that looks like Kelly Pickler trying to buy a car. Her uncle is pretty bigso I don't know if pics are possible. I'll try and think of something though.
YOU THINK OF SOMETHING. YOU THINK OF SOMETHING RIGHT NOW.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching the last few days, and I have reached a single, important conclusion. There are two kinds of people in this world: people who were so sad, confused, and disappointed they wanted to cry the first time they heard Houses of the Holy, and people who have no soul.

as far as I know, the biggest private music tracker to date was oink. I don't know the total number of albums, but they had 300,000+ users regularly logging in. I mean, you really have to experience a private music tracker to understand why the record labels are getting ****ed. CD-quality audio for every single album ever, download rates generally as fast as your connection can handle. I mean, I guess most people don't notice when all of the noise from the drummers in their songs is distorted to shit. even if they did cut the price on the 256kbps mp3s, I still wouldn't buy that garbage./smug

YOU THINK OF SOMETHING. YOU THINK OF SOMETHING RIGHT NOW.
Sorry, I wusssed out. :ashamedface:
I have been doing a lot of soul searching the last few days, and I have reached a single, important conclusion. There are two kinds of people in this world: people who were so sad, confused, and disappointed they wanted to cry the first time they heard Houses of the Holy, and people who have no soul.
Either way, I think this encompasses everyone.
My wife, still to this day, calls them Zed Leppelin. True story. And I DON'T CARE IF NO ONE AGREES WITH ME (I do), but D'yer Mak'er is the best song on that CD.
What about someone who had to google what the hell he was talking about? I think I fall in an other category.
ditto. I mean I have heard of that before but I dont know why it has any importance.Sincerely,A sports guy, not a music guy.
ditto. I mean I have heard of that song before but I dont know why it has any importance.Sincerely,A sports guy, not a music guy.
Oh... maybe I was wrong then too. I thought he was talking about the album.
What about someone who had to google what the hell he was talking about? I think I fall in an other category.
ditto. I mean I have heard of that before but I dont know why it has any importance.Sincerely,A sports guy, not a music guy.
Well like I said, either way. Either you didn't cry to houses of the holy or you don't have a soul. Since no one has a soul it encompasses everyone. Well, crying to HofH might be the only proof on one so who knows?
Oh... maybe I was wrong too then. I thought he was talking about the album.
I actually meant album.....but who knows. I am the last guy in the world to ask music questions. I listen to whatever my wife puts on the radio when we drive.....and I dont even own an ipod. I actually read while I work out which makes the time go faster for me.

So we've had the Husky for over a week and he's been a great dog. We haven't left him alone though so yesterday was the first test. Kim and the kids left him in one of the kid's rooms for about fifteen minutes before I got home from work.In those 15 minutes, he tore up a bed sheet, tore the sleeve off of my kid's sweater, opened up a dresser drawer and chewed up a bouncy ball colllection, reached into a shelf that was six feet high to rip up a candy bag (didn't eat them though), bent the shoe/clothes hanger that we had on the back of the door. He also opened up the bedroom door and probably had just started to run around the house when I got home. I knew something was amiss when I saw a shadow of a big animal near the beveled glass of the front door peering at me when I drove up the driveway. Another five minutes and it would probably have been bye bye birds and chinchilla who were in the study (I'm sure he could have opened that door as well).He's actually been quite mellow, sleeps a lot during the day but loves his walks/runs (twice a day) - we were told he has a lot of problems with being crated so that's currently not an option. I thought about taking some obedience classes with him although from reading about Huskies, they have a big independent streak. Anyone do the petco/petsmart obedience courses? How are they? Guess I'll have to add the Dog Whisperer to my DVR list (a friend told me about the show).

I was thinking about making a compilation album with songs that reminded me of all the thread members.
Normally Id make a request but Im curious as to what artist/title you come up with....
We didn't do any of this, especially not this one. Dustin is still walking funny from the assraping he took at Imperial Palace.
Ah, dont fret it...Just pretend it was another charter member campaignYour bank account will eventually recover....
Beans?
Not me this time...The guy had to get sloshed before grabbing the reins of that thing, thoughIve had a Case six fifty G for the last ten years or so, and I know for a fact that its impossible to drink beer and operate it at the same timeEvery moving vehicle I own has at least one beer holder....I installed a stick down version on the G within hours of its deliveryIts still on there, but the bouncing/vibration/jerking movements on a track vehicle foams the beer instantly....if the can is still in it, that isAnother "been there, done that" Beans report of the day

Cats rarely tear shit up, just saying.Well since you all love people hating Steve I guess this is a good day to post.I hate people. Not really, just people who bother me at work. If one more tenant walks in, sits down, sighs, and then asks me if I read the newspaper and know what is going on with the economy these days I think I will seriously cut them with my scissors. Of course I know what the economy is like, you think I live in a fucking bubble of wealth? Just cut to the chase and stop all the beating around the bush and tell me what the hell you want? Can't pay rent? When can you? I can go live across the street for $499. Well then go ahead, we aren't forcing you to live here. Enjoy living in a section 8 housing complex. Watch out for the bullets and enjoy spending $100 a month on storage because their apartment has one small hallway closet (i have been there before) and oh, since you have lived here for 11 years I bet you will be surprised to see that heating bills are no longer $45/month and closer to $160 which was the average price per apartment here this winter. So let's see....$499X12 = 5988$100X12 = 1200160 x 5 = 800$7988or $650 x 12 for $7800So you want to go spend roughly $200 more a year to live in a apartment with no closets, crack deals and shootings going on outside every night. Go right ahead. There is a reason their rent is $499 and it isn't because they are the best apartments around. Had an old lady in the office throw a statement at my face and ask me how I dared send her a bill for $50. Of course I didn't send her the bill and she indeed owed us $50. I told her to come back when she wasn't being so rude. She told he she wasn't being rude so I took her statement and threw it at her and asked if she found that rude and she said yes. So I told her that she was indeed being rude. I sure hope we can move out of this crap hole state in September.

So we've had the Husky for over a week and he's been a great dog. We haven't left him alone though so yesterday was the first test. Kim and the kids left him in one of the kid's rooms for about fifteen minutes before I got home from work.In those 15 minutes, he tore up a bed sheet, tore the sleeve off of my kid's sweater, opened up a dresser drawer and chewed up a bouncy ball colllection, reached into a shelf that was six feet high to rip up a candy bag (didn't eat them though), bent the shoe/clothes hanger that we had on the back of the door. He also opened up the bedroom door and probably had just started to run around the house when I got home. I knew something was amiss when I saw a shadow of a big animal near the beveled glass of the front door peering at me when I drove up the driveway. Another five minutes and it would probably have been bye bye birds and chinchilla who were in the study (I'm sure he could have opened that door as well).He's actually been quite mellow, sleeps a lot during the day but loves his walks/runs (twice a day) - we were told he has a lot of problems with being crated so that's currently not an option. I thought about taking some obedience classes with him although from reading about Huskies, they have a big independent streak. Anyone do the petco/petsmart obedience courses? How are they? Guess I'll have to add the Dog Whisperer to my DVR list (a friend told me about the show).
Dogdam I loved this. Dogs are soo awesome!Okay, this actually could end up being an issue. First off, I would definately see about getting him trained and besides it lots of fun to do. It could take forever to train him not to eat everthing in the house if you leave him alone and if there isn't a garage or empty room to leave him inthen you will have to crate train him and I would certainly reccomend giving it a whirl.First off know that dogs love rewards and attention is highly effective reward to them. I wouldn't let my Australian ever get on the couch. When he tried to jump up I would remove him and it started to become a game for him (reward). I finally just quietly got him down over and over but started giving him a treat when he didn't jump up which became an all together different game for him. Eventually he got it.You will need to institute this in the same way. Pick the room you are going to leave him in and let him alone for a couple minutes before going back in. If he's good rward him with a treat. (hot dogs are cheap and work great just use in small pieces). Just continue to leave him longer each time and work with him daily continuing the length of time, etc. Also make sure he has plenty of new chew toys, rawhide stuff etc., that he can go to town on. Encourage him to take his frustration out on that instead of the furniture. Just constantly reward good behaviour and stare at him like he's an idiot for bad stuff.I would suggest you really do the above with a crate though. Go slowly with him leaving the door open and sticking treats inside. It's a total conditioning process doing a little more each time. I had a Llasa that hated the crate as well and it was a total Alpha dog but I finally got him used to it. Dogs love crates but he's obviously had a bad experience with it so it will take time and might not ever work but if it does it would be totally worth it. Put his toys inside and don't try to force the issue, let him learn to think of it as "his" place. Obviously the more control you have over the dog the better your life will be. The best trained dog I had, the Aussie was amazing. On command he wouldGo Home (crate)Go to your place (mat in corner of room)Sit (and I mean sit until I released him)Down (again, down until I let him up) He could be running full blast chasing a bird and would go down, often into a roll, but he went down.Come (come and sit directly in front of me looking into my eyes and not move)Stay (And I mean STAY!)If I walked him he never got in front of my side. If I stopped, he stopped etc.These are basic necessary commands that a good trainer will work with you on. Get a fixed length leash (6 1/2 foot) and keep it around at all times to help train and control him with. Okay, rambled enough. I'm obviously a tad passionate about the subject.
Cats rarely tear shit up, just saying.Well since you all love people hating Steve I guess this is a good day to post.I hate people. Not really, just people who bother me at work. If one more tenant walks in, sits down, sighs, and then asks me if I read the newspaper and know what is going on with the economy these days I think I will seriously cut them with my scissors. Of course I know what the economy is like, you think I live in a fucking bubble of wealth? Just cut to the chase and stop all the beating around the bush and tell me what the hell you want? Can't pay rent? When can you? I can go live across the street for $499. Well then go ahead, we aren't forcing you to live here. Enjoy living in a section 8 housing complex. Watch out for the bullets and enjoy spending $100 a month on storage because their apartment has one small hallway closet (i have been there before) and oh, since you have lived here for 11 years I bet you will be surprised to see that heating bills are no longer $45/month and closer to $160 which was the average price per apartment here this winter. So let's see....$499X12 = 5988$100X12 = 1200160 x 5 = 800$7988or $650 x 12 for $7800So you want to go spend roughly $200 more a year to live in a apartment with no closets, crack deals and shootings going on outside every night. Go right ahead. There is a reason their rent is $499 and it isn't because they are the best apartments around. Had an old lady in the office throw a statement at my face and ask me how I dared send her a bill for $50. Of course I didn't send her the bill and she indeed owed us $50. I told her to come back when she wasn't being so rude. She told he she wasn't being rude so I took her statement and threw it at her and asked if she found that rude and she said yes. So I told her that she was indeed being rude. I sure hope we can move out of this crap hole state in September.
Awesome, this ranks up there with DOGS!
Not me this time...The guy had to get sloshed before grabbing the reins of that thing, thoughIve had a Case six fifty G for the last ten years or so, and I know for a fact that its impossible to drink beer and operate it at the same timeEvery moving vehicle I own has at least one beer holder....I installed a stick down version on the G within hours of its deliveryIts still on there, but the bouncing/vibration/jerking movements on a track vehicle foams the beer instantly....if the can is still in it, that isAnother "been there, done that" Beans report of the day
Did you see the other 'vehicles' in that article?The motorize bar stool HAD to be you.6 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)4 Members: brvheart, Tailspin, RodReynolds, donk4lifePLEASE POST!
you all love people hating SteveI took her statement and threw it at her and asked if she found that rude and she said yes. So I told her that she was indeed being rude.
No hating from this guy....As soon as it hits me that another tenant story is surfacing, I immediately visualize you sitting behind a desk in a tiny office filled with filing cabinets and bulletin boards. A small oscillating fan is almost blowing the piles of paperwork off the desk, but not quite...The aura of dread fills the air and the entire scene is in black and white Im drunk so its tough to explain.... think old private investigator movies and thats pretty closeYou also narrate it, but instead of "It was a rainy night.... one that keeps the upstanding citizens huddled inside their cozy living rooms eating home made pasta and listening to Orson Wells, when the blond bombshell walked in....she was a hundred pounds of feisty flesh wrapped in a...." You say.... "It was a rainy day....one that makes me want to kill the next toothless tramp that waddles into the office toting a welfare voucher with this rusty pair of pliers I found in the parking lot beside the abandoned car I left the note on yesterday....."In other words, I enjoy them...